What's The vibe of a DC Show? How's the Anthem Theater?

sourDZL

I'm from Oregon, living in NC now but I've never been to any kind of Dead related show in the east coast, are they anything like the west coast with all that you might find at a show, would it be easy to find a ticket to "travel both space and time" know what I mean;)

• Forum MVP

The Anthem is a brand brand new venue in DC. I haven't been yet, but all the reports have been glowingly positive. Unlike the 9:30 Club, Anthem is much larger (6K capacity) and more appealing aesthetically ($60M was invested into it).......the sound system is apparently fantastic.

I can't wait for the DSO show there.....I would highly recommend that you check it out. Parking is tricky and expensive ($25 to park underneath the venue), but you can metro (.5 mile walk) or Uber instead.

• Forum MVP
On 11/25/2017 at 6:54 PM, BillK522 said:

Any thoughts on Metro running

late enough to see the whole show?

Parking looks like a nightmare

Praise DSO

I'm pretty sure the metro closes at midnight every night now, including weekends.

There is likely a curfew for shows at Anthem, since there are residential units attached to the same building. So there is a pretty solid chance that the metro option will work out fine assuming the show will likely end by 11pm.

• Forum MVP
On 11/25/2017 at 5:54 PM, BillK522 said:

Any thoughts on Metro running

late enough to see the whole show?

Parking looks like a nightmare

Praise DSO

Stay close and take an Uber. 

Archived