Red Rocks 2018!!

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

We may do a “halfway” stop in KC and take in some BBQ and a Royals game. But look to be in Colorado a day or two before the show. Will be looking for shows in the vacinity around that time but bar shows will probably be out because I’ll be traveling with the boys. But I’m hoping there will be plenty of stuff to choose from 4th of July week in Colorado. But I’m clueless about the West. Lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I might leave Jesse over this. I always leave em for DSO tour. But opening our own music shop and playing our own band might keep me from the event we all created with our love together. I went to Hawaii for dead 50th. I like the stories.... not too different from being there... cause in these days between w bright unfocused eyes I can't help but look at the hopeful candle lingering in the land of lullabies...... but we don't have lonely cries anymore.

cause we are all still here.

kiss kiss. These shoes I grew into are listening and I think I will put taps on em instead of the constant walk halfway across the world.

its the best I have to give...........

• Forum MVP

Thoughts

We need to all get together on Saturday night at a dead show at some club in Denver. How fun would that be. 100 tour friends all at a small bar dancing to dead the night before redrocks. It would be a good warmup too. I need a day to shake the cobwebs out.

Maybe we need a private party.  Book a dead band for the night!  Someone take care of that. K thx. I’ll tell hyryder this weekend and get them to come back to Denver to do Friday Saturday. Mc talk to Jay and get him to lock in July 6 and 7th for a dead band.  You guys work out the finance part. I’m just the idea guy in this instance. 

12 hours ago, Rude said:

Thoughts

We need to all get together on Saturday night at a dead show at some club in Denver. How fun would that be. 100 tour friends all at a small bar dancing to dead the night before redrocks. It would be a good warmup too. I need a day to shake the cobwebs out.

Maybe we need a private party.  Book a dead band for the night!  Someone take care of that. K thx. I’ll tell hyryder this weekend and get them to come back to Denver to do Friday Saturday. Mc talk to Jay and get him to lock in July 6 and 7th for a dead band.  You guys work out the finance part. I’m just the idea guy in this instance. 

Party in Denver?  Party in Denver!

I have never felt so excited about visiting a new place.  I've spent good time in Northern India (multiple trips), and on one occasion the foothills of the Himalayas.   Visited a good number of places in Europe on multiple trips.  At 12, I sat in the back seat while me and my parents drove from San Fran to Yosemite to Tijuana to Las Vegas.  Five times to Austin.  But Colorado? Never been.

Right now the Southwest flights are on June 29th and return July 10th (annual trip to Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island is cancelled).   I will need to extend the CO stay for the DeadCo shows.  We are staying on Baseline Rd in Boulder the entire stay.   Amy and I are looking at pretending to be residents of Boulder, but the truth is we will be tourists.   Looking online at the Boulder food co-ops and yoga classes.    There seems to be so much to do in and around Boulder - Coors and Celestial Seasons tours - ha! - I told you we were tourists.   Endless hiking, hot springs, trips into the Rockies, old gold mining towns.....  way too excited for my own good this far in advance  { breath into a paper bag level of excitement }.

Amy and I would love to attend any get togethers.

Frank

• Forum MVP

Taking over a joint sounds like it would be like a reunion. Jubilee is that but we are all scattered out.  Plus I want barraco to come and get down in the audience with us ;).  At 4am in New Orleans at a bar with a solid funk band I look to my left and rob k was grooving right next to me. I bought him a drink and said how strange it seemed grooving along side him instead of facing him.  I’d like to think I helped get him in the party spirit b/c he was like are we gonna stay up all night b4 the flight to the mrs then a what the hell and the drink ;)  Note I had already laid down 4 hours at Dso so I wasn’t at the protect your children from the crazy man dance stage that tends to scare all but the battle hardened.  Now I’m on a jazz fest kick.  Wishing I didn’t cancel my 3 bedroom AirBnB 200 feet from blue nile a month ago.  Booked it while at jazz fest a year in advance and was best location possible. Ramble ramble ramble 

Archived