Red Rocks 2018!!

PoetryGirl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Without knowing tour stops leading up to red rocks, tentative plans are to take 4th of July week off and camp my way across country with the boys with red rocks being ultimate destination and turn around point. If it turns out shows are happening in middle America leading up then I may follow the band in, but if not it’ll be just a good old fashioned “see the country” trip. Never been west of St Louis other than flying in and out of Vegas a few times. 

Hopefully they will announce dates for the summer tour well in advance so we can figure out and put together traveling plans to be able to catch a few shows. Bought my ticket for 40 bucks plus fees and was surprised to see an 8 dollar refund today, and that the tickets have been reduced to 32 dollars. Really excited to see the band at Red Rocks, and I gotta brag that I called the 7/8/78 40th anniversary date on the other Red Rocks thread. 😁😁😁

Just bought my tickets for Red Rocks!!!!!

Fantastic venue plug Doc!  Magnificent!  How could you not do everything in your power to get there?

So hard to see them not doing a Friday & Saturday show.  Or at least Friday.  Friday in Idaho maybe?  Driggs looks like an amazing place.

:dsorocks:

20 minutes ago, robeatondso said:

Those waiting for other shows that week there will be none. Last show will be in SF the weekend prior. The band and crew will be taking the week off prior to red rocks and a break after Red Rocks.. 

Thanks for the heads up, helps out with planning.

36 minutes ago, crazy digits said:

Rumor has it...dead and co may play the week before or after DSO in Boulder maybe? Also, maybe a father son reunion...would love that!!

Bix are they really planing on playing there before dso? 

I would not pay more than 50.00 to see d&c at red rocks if they did play there a few days before. 

I see you said Boulder. Wouldn't pay more than 35 to see them in boulder...

• Forum MVP

Thanks so much for the heads up. Looks like a lot of good music coming around then. I think I'm on for most of summer tour so week to get home after San Fran sounds nice. 

We get Eaton and Rocky Mountain Grateful Dead revue here in Colorado next weekend. Should be a blast. 

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, cnjBrian said:

Bix are they really planing on playing there before dso? 

I would not pay more than 50.00 to see d&c at red rocks if they did play there a few days before. 

I see you said Boulder. Wouldn't pay more than 35 to see them in boulder...

The deadco tix u want in Boulder are $35. The entire end zone and several sections on either side are all GA and cheap with lots of space. Wow that would be a fun week.  I wouldn’t want the week after Dso. We planning on hanging in CO the week before exploring then prob come into Denver Friday/sat to see some dead music at one of Jay’s dead bars, but if deadco did a Friday/sat June 30-July 1, we’d have to extend our trip to 12 days(driving both ways will add non leisure days to the trip). It’s a great weekend with 40k heads. 

• Forum MVP

Lol just read rob b’s comment. So looks like gonna flip the trip for like July 5-16th. His wtfdik is I’m sure dead on.  Those Folsom shows are a free for all, do what u want security doesn’t give a shit atmosphere. Plus last year we were hanging with an awesome group which really elevates the whole thing. 

• Forum MVP

From what I hear the initial ticket sales for DSO at red rocks have been quite impressive...our favorite band getting to

play in the big leagues...dig it!!

what would be the recommended hotel(s) for red rocks?....would be cool to coagulate together in one spot for pre/post-show fun times...

camping would be ideal at that time of year but doubt I'll bring gear since I'd be only coming in for a couple nights...

• Forum MVP

I always thought Red Rocks was like a 20,000 seater but I just looked it up and apparently it is 9,525. I think DSO can swing a sell out for that...cool size to experience...reminds me of Cal Expo size which I think was like 8,500, but I suspect the views and geologic formations are a bit better at red rocks 🌄

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, Island Bro said:

From what I hear the initial ticket sales for DSO at red rocks have been quite impressive...our favorite band getting to

play in the big leagues...dig it!!

what would be the recommended hotel(s) for red rocks?....would be cool to coagulate together in one spot for pre/post-show fun times...

camping would be ideal at that time of year but doubt I'll bring gear since I'd be only coming in for a couple nights...

Im thinking of booking a couple suites in Denver Saturday night and doing a dead cover band at beonkey’s and driving to redrocks the next day. 

Archived