dec 1 2017 in my home in Norfolk Virginia

smoseywales

great show at the Norva.  All 1968 but the first set was an elective and the second set a one-set show from LA 12/21/68, and the first time DSO has played a 1968 set. Started slow and historical and then lit on fire.

Barraco dominated the vocals; in the original, Tom Constanten was the keyboard.  Tonight, Lisa Mackey played the harp, and ery well.

Best I could tell:

Schoolgirl

Doing the Rag

Big Boy Pete

Jelly Roll Blues

Mountains of the Moon (1st played 12/20/1968)

St Stephens w/ Lovelight tease

The Eleven

Viola Lee Blues

Love Light

Cryptical envelopment (or That' s it for the other one?)

The Other One

Back to CE or That's  it?

It Hurts Me Too

Alligator long jam

GDTRFB tease

Mountain Jam tease

Mojo Hand (?)

Space--mercifully short

Bid you Goodnight

Filler encore Too Hot to Handle

• Forum MVP
GD Setlist

Set One: Good Morning Little School Girl ; Down' That Rag ; Big Boy Pete ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Mountains Of The Moon > Saint Stephen > The Eleven > Viola Lee Blues 

Set Two: Turn On Your Lovelight ; Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > It Hurts Me Too ; Alligator > Drums ; Alligator > Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) > Feedback > And We Bid You Good Night

Encore: Hard To Handle

1st original recipe

2nd 12-21-1968

1st DSO 68 show.   !!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡

mindbender

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:
GD Setlist

Set One: Good Morning Little School Girl ; Down' That Rag ; Big Boy Pete ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Mountains Of The Moon > Saint Stephen > The Eleven > Viola Lee Blues 

Set Two: Turn On Your Lovelight ; Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > It Hurts Me Too ; Alligator > Drums ; Alligator > Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) > Feedback > And We Bid You Good Night

Encore: Hard To Handle

1st original recipe

2nd 12-21-1968

1st DSO 68 show.   !!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡

mindbender

What a treasure this will be in my memory banks. Loved this dance fest with some of the best people. DSO delivers in spades as usual. The viola 1st set closer was a mindbender. What can be said about that second set...... fuck. The Stephen tell eleven was outerplanetary. thanks so much to the band and crew for an HISTORIC night!!

Archived