2018 Jubilee!

Tea

15 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Does GL VIP ticket allow you

to camp next to your car?

VIP ticket allows you to camp next to your car.

An RV ticket allows you to camp next to your car AND allows you to invite your friends into your plot to camp by their car as well for no extra charge.  One RV plot can fit 3-5 camp sites.  Wherever you go, you will not have a hard time finding Dr Barry.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

IDK. I have had a hot! shower every morning and they just started last year selling showers. I slept fantastically every night when I was ready..... 😜 I love our Westy and camping out of her by the fence in the shade with some of my friends and the rest I go visit and walk about for fun. To each his own, I offer my perspective. 

There is no winner in the game. 

• Forum MVP

We need to get 4 or 5 big camps together and play a wild game of or spin on capture the flag. I've seen kids do it with pirates flags. I'd prefer dso flags with the camp site names on it. Whoever has most flags hanging in their camp before show Sunday night gets a prize?  

As much as I've been trying to sell the RV area, and really the idea of having a large gathering, I did find some enjoyment last year in having multiple destinations to set out for and go to.  Helped pass the time during the days.  Making me think "careful what you wish for."  So I'll stop the RV area sales pitch.  I'd personally still prefer to see the large group festival within a festival, but like PG mentioned to each his own.  I'm pretty sure that I still count as an overly excitable newbie.  Maybe after a couple more shows, I'll drop this "party at the Moon Tower" mentality.

I will say it certainly wasn't fun being invited to come to the VIP area, and having the gate guard turn me away.   That happened several times.  And it made me feel even more unimportant. ;)

Love that idea MC.

• Forum MVP

I’ll be draggin’ my wagon out to the field as always. My youngest doesn’t even qualify as a kid anymore so buying 3 tickets eliminates VIP option for me. I’d like to be more social this year and put a few more faces to handles. We shall see. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Dead duck said:

I’ll be draggin’ my wagon out to the field as always. My youngest doesn’t even qualify as a kid anymore so buying 3 tickets eliminates VIP option for me. I’d like to be more social this year and put a few more faces to handles. We shall see. 

If you run the table in the knockout pool, you'll have a couple freebies. May be able to upgrade?

Hi guys. Never been before a few questions....

if i came alone for the weekend would it be enjoyable? Not sure what the scene is like just curious on your thoughts. 

Also what would be the best camping camping situation for one be. The vip or just the normal camping. 

Many help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• Forum MVP
3 minutes ago, Lukem said:

Hi guys. Never been before a few questions....

if i came alone for the weekend would it be enjoyable? Not sure what the scene is like just curious on your thoughts. 

Also what would be the best camping camping situation for one be. The vip or just the normal camping. 

Many help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

You would only be alone until you hit the gates. Definitely enjoyable. 

And for me VIP all comes down to whether camping next to your vehicle is a necessity. If not GA would be fine and would allow you to hear everything fine right from camp. 

In the above posts are some experiences and perks to VIP and RV but this will be my 7th and I’ve always done GA. 

• Forum MVP

Only 168 days until the first notes of music at the Jubilee and we are already getting fired up.

As JJ and MC said, it being with all our friends that really make the campground spot special.  Hopefully this year I will find a spot to camp near our friends instead of out in left field by my car.

Peace and Love,

Doc

1 hour ago, Lukem said:

Yes in buffalo and Niagara Falls New York. Been to quite a few dead and co shows to

Well you already know what the scene is.  Picture your other DSO experiences but much bigger with very little rules other than to be kind, respectful, and courteous to everyone else.

If you have no qualms about coming alone and meeting new people, then I think you'll have a blast!!

Probably will wind up driving out solo from CT if I wind up making it here and camping in the RV section. Not much interest in much else besides DSO and related side projects, but down time is fine after late nights and it will be fun to hit my first jamband fest since 2005. 

This may be helpful for some first timers curious about the layout of the venue last year.  As best I can remember it.  I think VIP would be a more desirable location if it were behind the food area and extended up into the trees. 

Family Camping is a short walk down from The Hill on the bottom portion page that is cutoff.

rjz8zv9.png

couple questions for the group...my wife and I will be attending Jubilee for the first time in '18 and will have a small RV.

1. Which ticket should we buy?  GA RV or VIP RV?  and what is the difference since it appears there is only one RV area.

2. If we buy VIP festival tickets what benefits are worth the extra $$ since we will not be utilizing the car camping option of VIP?

3. It appears if we buy VIP RV we must also buy VIP admission, is that correct?

1 hour ago, pawpaw87 said:

couple questions for the group...my wife and I will be attending Jubilee for the first time in '18 and will have a small RV.

1. Which ticket should we buy?  GA RV or VIP RV?  and what is the difference since it appears there is only one RV area.

2. If we buy VIP festival tickets what benefits are worth the extra $$ since we will not be utilizing the car camping option of VIP?

3. It appears if we buy VIP RV we must also buy VIP admission, is that correct?

VIP RV allows you to bring your RV to the VIP area, but you need a VIP ticket.

VIP benefits

• Camping next to your car
  • Able to see stage from some locations and hear music
  • Free showers
  • Access to the Good Lovin' Lounge (private deck area near the sound board)
  • Private entrance so you don't have to wait in the dreaded GA line (they have a problem getting people in there in a timely fashion)
  • Close proximity to stage (Uh, I guess.  Judge for yourself)

RV benefits

• 20x40 foot allotment of grass  (borders of each RV space are painted on the grass)
  • Don't need an RV to buy an RV space.
  • You can invite friends to bring their cars/camps into your allotment of space too
  • Close access to stage and vending if you don't mind walking down The Hill
  • Can hear the music pretty well

I think both of these options cost way more than the value of the benefits you get from them.

Some had mentioned "more amenities" in the VIP section so there may be more you get with VIP than what I'm listing?  Real toilets maybe?  Breakfast buffet?  Free ice?  I'm not sure exactly.  Maybe someone who was in VIP can chime in.

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, jj3down said:

VIP RV allows you to bring your RV to the VIP area, but you need a VIP ticket.

VIP benefits

• Camping next to your car
  • Able to see stage from some locations and hear music
  • Free showers
  • Access to the Good Lovin' Lounge (private deck area near the sound board)
  • Private entrance so you don't have to wait in the dreaded GA line (they have a problem getting people in there in a timely fashion)
  • Close proximity to stage (Uh, I guess.  Judge for yourself)

RV benefits

• 20x40 foot allotment of grass  (borders of each RV space are painted on the grass)
  • Don't need an RV to buy an RV space.
  • You can invite friends to bring their cars/camps into your allotment of space too
  • Close access to stage and vending if you don't mind walking down The Hill
  • Can hear the music pretty well

I think both of these options cost way more than the value of the benefits you get from them.

Some had mentioned "more amenities" in the VIP section so there may be more you get with VIP than what I'm listing?  Real toilets maybe?  Breakfast buffet?  Free ice?  I'm not sure exactly.  Maybe someone who was in VIP can chime in.

From my experience, as someone who is 52 years old and stone cold sober, the VIP ticket was well worth it for the access to a hot shower and upgraded potties. I also appreciated being able to retreat to my tent at a "reasonable" hour to get some sleep (ear plugs help!). Camping next to my car also awesome.

Thanks for the info...So if I gather correctly from your responses.  VIP RV is the same as VIP "tent" area and that is at the top of the hill.  Regular RV is off to the side of the stage up the hill.

1 more question.  where are the VIP bathrooms located?  are they down by the stage? or all the way back up by camping area?

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, pawpaw87 said:

Thanks for the info...So if I gather correctly from your responses.  VIP RV is the same as VIP "tent" area and that is at the top of the hill.  Regular RV is off to the side of the stage up the hill.

1 more question.  where are the VIP bathrooms located?  are they down by the stage? or all the way back up by camping area?

VIP potty trucks are in the VIP area (up the hill).....the only VIP perk near the stage is the designated viewing area near the sound board (with covered shelter from the sun if you choose).....a nice perk!

Archived