Nfl playoff picture

Rude

• Forum MVP

Yesterday had one of the best duels I’ve ever seen in the eagles vs rams. The rams have had takeaways on the 1st defensive possession in 6 of 12 games. Wow. But the eagles defense won that game and unfortunately super bowl hopes are likely smashed for the eagles(I’m not sad about their super bowl hopes, but sad for a good player being lost for the year. Wentz was as good as a qb can be on their 3 straight TDs. He can make so much happen with his legs. He escapes better than Rodgers. But only an hour before his injury I was saying that wentz is a better scrambler and a bigger arm than Dak and Dak has a cannon but with the caveat Dak is 240 pounds and 6’1” and is always tackled instead of hit as he’s bigger than the linebackers. He’s a durable qb and in this league that’s HUGE!! So much has to do with luck. After that weird hit on wentz legs with 1 defender in essence popping his legs straight for another to push them back was an injury I’ve never seen happen like that. I thought he may have been paralyzed for a split second. He even came back next play and threw the TD with a torn acl.  Will he ever be the same no fear qb which made him as good as he was this year?  I’ve learned most players will have that great year. Dak had his as a rookie and won 11 straight. He had a 2nd half where he didn’t throw an incompletion. He had an 89% completion game. With no pressure he can be near perfect. Getting hit 10x a game he’s a glorified backup like any qb sacked 8x. I learned that you may not always have those kinds of years watching my problem boys this year. Note it’s not just on Dak. They lost 2 straight with him having big games with 30+ points.  The cowboys are a mess at many positions and barring a miracle they will have extra time in this offseason to recover. 

My Super Bowl pic is..........

Rams vs New England. 

Do not sleep on Carson Wentz.  I've never seen a QB like him.  He's a combination of Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and John Elway.  The dudes got balls the size of church bells.  I've seen him stand in the pocket with pressure in his face and put the ball right on the money, he's fearless probably to a fault.  He has taken too many hits over his first two years, some of that is bad coaching (Set a franchise record for most attempts by a QB) and some of it is a young "I can do anything" mentality.  I know the latter may change, hopefully coaches rely more on the run game when he comes back.  And remember Tom Brady tore his ACL & MCL back in 2008 and his career turned out pretty good.  You just can't count this guy out.  And while you're at it don't count out the Birds.  They still have 52 other guys on the roster who've gotten them to 11-2.  Grant it, losing the league MVP & your team leader hurts.  But this team has overcome so many injuries this year, they've been surprisingly resilient.  And at the beginning of the year if you asked who the best backup QB in the league was a lot of people would have said it was Nick Foles.  At one time Foles was a pro bowl MVP and his jersey is in the NFL hall of fame for having 7 TDs in one game (NFL record, shared by 7 others).  So we know what he can do when coached up & in an ideal situation.  So the Eagles have to look at it as a 6 game season with a bunch of home games (undefeated at home this year).  And if Case Keenum (journeyman QB) can do it, why not Nick Foles!.  This message is more to convince myself of all this than anything.  Severe depression has hit the Delaware Valley and the easy way out is to lump this in with all the other bad luck Philly sports teams have had oer the years, but the NFL seems a little different this year.  We'll see what happens, but it's great to have someone with such character as your team leader.  I have no doubt Wentz will come back and eventually bring home a Lombardi trophy to Philly

• Forum MVP

Holy Bleep!  That Steelers/Pats game lived up to the hype.  That last minute was a game onto itself!

So...a running back can break the plane and it's punched out of his hand and it's a TD?  Ok.  A receiver catches a ball, turns up field, dives for the endzone (untouched), breaks the plane, and the ball moves when he hits the ground in the endzone and it's not a TD?  Okaaayyy.

Amongst all of the issues plaguing the NFL, it seems to struggle the most with what's a catch.  I get it - there's a rule about surviving the ground, blah, blah, blah.  Stupid rule - if you break the plane with possession it should be a freaking TD.

Pittsburgh still had a chance and got cute.  I like the idea but you need to let the rest of the receivers what you're doing or else kick the FG for OT.  Rothelesburglerrrrrrrrrr threw his coaching staff under the bus even though I think he's the one who made the call.

Still an epic game - the Chowds win another one at the wire!    

Anyway.  I'm goin Steelers v. Eagles.  This means of course that both will flame-out in their 1st games.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Replay is good but it’s gotten totally absurd.  It totally jacks up the rhythm of the game.  Refs/League also seem to have a strange concept of forward-progress.  WTF.

The NFL still rules but they don’t realize they're deluding their product.  As long as they continue to print money, there’s little incentive to do things differently...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Looks like the mojo ran out for the Vikings.  Shocked that their D looked so porous after being so stout during the Reg Season.  It looked like none their DB's had never seen a double-move before.  They got torched - repeatedly.

Like the swallows coming back to Capistrano or a star wide-receiver demanding contract re-negotiation:  The Chowds are back in the Superbowl.  Same as it ever was..

So the Jags were flagged six times for 98 yds.  The Pats?  1 flag for 10 yards on a kickoff...  Anyway, the Jags weren't quite ready for primetime even though they played 'em tough.  A couple mental mistakes late in the game cost 'em.

Go EAGLES!

• Forum MVP
36 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

And not going for points before halftime. 55 seconds with two timeouts and you are taking a knee???? I knew it was game over right then. 

Bortles had 2 straight solid games. I just don’t think there was enough long term trust to do anything other than take a knee. Plus if you turned it over or went 3 and out, Brady could make 2 passes and get in fg range which would demoralize the jags completely. I thought the gronk penalty was BS. His helmet did hit gronk but he went shoulder to shoulder. It’s nearly impossible to not hit helmets when tackling. Unless you lead with it there should be no penalty. 

E-A-G-L-E-S   Eagles!

Go Birds!!!

First of all, You don't mess with the Rock.  Those Vikings fans got what they deserved.  Now please get your city ready for an Eagles invasion!

Also check out this Birds fan trying to catch the train who gets lit up!  I liked his dedication but his execution was piss poor.

ScreenHunter_21 Jan. 22 13.36.jpg

• Forum MVP

For the 2nd straight week an eagles fan was arrested for punching a police horse. 

Eagles fans beat animals!!!!!  Eagles fans signing petitions that horses can only be used for glue and dog food.  Sad!

Horse's Lives Matter!

That horse...was a diabetic

I love horses.  I love Butterstuff.  

Buttercup! Say it!

Butternuts!

Cup, cup, cup!

The headline should have read: Some drunk idiot douchbag asshole who happened to be at an Eagles tailgate before the NFC Championship game took a swing at a cop.  He probably didn't even have a ticket for the game.  

I hope they throw the book at this dimwit. 

I'm all for having a good time, tying one on, maybe an old fashion dust up if both parties are willing, but who takes a swing at a horse?  Honestly.  I can assure you 99.9% of Eagles fans do not condone this crap.  Yea it get's pretty rough sometimes at Eagles games but that happens at every stadium.  Just google NFL fans fight.  There's Youtube videos at almost every stadium with fans acting like Jabronis.  

• Forum MVP

The headline was “eagles fan punches horse as thousands of other eagles fans laugh and congratulate man”. A suburban Philadelphia man was quoted as saying, “if they continue to bring horses here we will continue to try to kill them. Eagles fans hate animals”.  Unfortunately they don’t hate babies as eagles fans reproduce like trailer park people, spreading their hate of animals far and wide.

1st of all.  I don't care if I'm black out drunk, I'm never gonna take a swing at a horse, let alone any other animal.  But let's put this in perspective.  Everyone loves to pile on to the "garbage" Philly fans because we're an easy target.  Most people don't do their research and assume Philly is this cesspool of debauchery with the most unruly criminal fans out there.  But like I said, this happens in almost every city and some cities are way worse when it comes to arrests.  People are idiots, mostly when alcohol is involved, sometimes at Eagles games.  But It's not just Philly, they just get the most publicity.  For the record I don't condone any of this, just saying it's not Only Philly. 

Listed are the top 15 NFL teams with the most fan arrests. 

15. Green Bay Packers - (2014) 21 Arrests | 80 Ejections

14. Minnesota Viking - (2014) Averaged 41 Ejections a game | During a 2013 playoff game 21 Arrests | 91 Ejections

13. Chicago Bears - Since (2005) 150 fans have been arrested during Bears games. 

12. Miami Dolphins

11. Cleveland Browns - from (2012 to 2013) Cleveland ejected a total of 361 fans

10. Philadelphia - Okay so we're in the top 10.  But not No.1

9. New England Patriots - (2010) Patriots/Jets game 117 Arrests.  (2003) SuperBowl parade a drunk driver fatally hit someone

8. Seattle Seahawks

7. New Orleans Saints

6. Buffalo Bills

5. New York Jets

4. Cincinnati Bengals - Fan was arrested for indecently exposing himself and urinating on a rival fan

3. Pittsburgh Steelers - "Victory" party after the superbowl resulted in $150,000 of damages and over 100 arrests. 

2. Oakland Raiders - (2014) in games against the 49ers and Chargers 2 games = 56 arrests.  Also someone was killed in the parking lot.

1. San Francisco 49ers - In One season 3,415 incidents | 200 fights | 23 Felony arrests. 

• Forum MVP

The NFL fan experience is best enjoyed in the friendly confines or your home.  It's great to be part of the action but between tickets, parking, and concessions (forget any memorabilia), a family of 4 costs 1,500.  No shit.  I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but me and my kids sitting around some drunk-ass men taunting other fans with every other word a bleep?  No thank you - I'll take red zone over that any day (except maybe a playoff game - lol!).

Philly gets a bad rap and I guess they deserve some of it.  Some people are just knuckle-draggers and the NFL attracts more than it's fair share.

I wish I knew how to embed video on here (it's certainly been long enough) so I'll just link it.  For those who somehow may have missed the 'Tease' with John Malkovich before the Jags/Pats game - do yourself a favor and watch it - it's 100% pure GOLD!  If you've already seen it 10 times?  Watch it again:

https://youtu.be/jWDOi9e9Qlk

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Billy DeLyon said:

1st of all.  I don't care if I'm black out drunk, I'm never gonna take a swing at a horse, let alone any other animal.  But let's put this in perspective.  Everyone loves to pile on to the "garbage" Philly fans because we're an easy target.  Most people don't do their research and assume Philly is this cesspool of debauchery with the most unruly criminal fans out there.  But like I said, this happens in almost every city and some cities are way worse when it comes to arrests.  People are idiots, mostly when alcohol is involved, sometimes at Eagles games.  But It's not just Philly, they just get the most publicity.  For the record I don't condone any of this, just saying it's not Only Philly. 

Listed are the top 15 NFL teams with the most fan arrests. 

15. Green Bay Packers - (2014) 21 Arrests | 80 Ejections

14. Minnesota Viking - (2014) Averaged 41 Ejections a game | During a 2013 playoff game 21 Arrests | 91 Ejections

13. Chicago Bears - Since (2005) 150 fans have been arrested during Bears games. 

12. Miami Dolphins

11. Cleveland Browns - from (2012 to 2013) Cleveland ejected a total of 361 fans

10. Philadelphia - Okay so we're in the top 10.  But not No.1

9. New England Patriots - (2010) Patriots/Jets game 117 Arrests.  (2003) SuperBowl parade a drunk driver fatally hit someone

8. Seattle Seahawks

7. New Orleans Saints

6. Buffalo Bills

5. New York Jets

4. Cincinnati Bengals - Fan was arrested for indecently exposing himself and urinating on a rival fan

3. Pittsburgh Steelers - "Victory" party after the superbowl resulted in $150,000 of damages and over 100 arrests. 

2. Oakland Raiders - (2014) in games against the 49ers and Chargers 2 games = 56 arrests.  Also someone was killed in the parking lot.

1. San Francisco 49ers - In One season 3,415 incidents | 200 fights | 23 Felony arrests. 

Im guessing you weren’t at the game or you would have been throwing D cell batteries at Keenum’s family with the rest of them and ball punching the horses. It’s called mob mentality. 

Theres something in the polluted waters of philly that creates maniacs on game day. Well there’s liquor in the water too. 

Archived