The Last Jedi>BCE

Ammagamalin Crew

• Forum MVP

Looking forward to The Last Jedi Friday night followed by Born Cross Eyed on Saturday in Covington!! Gotta love it when BCE eliminates a four hour drive to Lexington and back. Side by side they lay down a much more intense Easy Wind than dso, especially after BCE/Stanleys to DSO/Taft this year. Love the forum just enjoy a higher caliber of music when going to a show. Looking forward to Jedi of the final kind, 3D IMAX 

• Forum MVP

I think your nuts. Sounds like dso dropped the ball on easy wind at the Taft this time because I've heard dso crush easy wind so much so that for a minute I wasn't sure the dead had played finer version. Definitely set me on a educational search. 

To esch their own I guess and I'm sure BCE does it justice but DSO is the highest caliber of music going for me today. And when put side by side it's not even close with the other dead coverbands out there. I don't do the side by side comparison because of it. I wouldn't enjoy the other bands. 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Love the forum just enjoy a higher caliber of music when going to a show.

Say that statement slowly and out loud to yourself 5x and then tell me if you still feel the same.

I’ve never seen BCE - so there’s that.

• Forum MVP

Have seen both numerous times and DSO and BCE definitely both float my boat. I’ll avoid the side by side comp and just state that it is refreshing from time to time to catch great GD music in a crowd of a hundred with plenty of space and no entry hassles. But only one band typically has me booking hotels and making 10 hour drives and that’s DSO. I especially love it when BCE plays the farm in Harrodsburg 

• Forum MVP

Dino has been playing with a side project at the jubilee. He has one now. 

I too must say ive never seen born cross eyed. I like smaller more intimate times. Definitely a bonus for me when hyryder played colorado. 

I'm intrigued. I'd love for someone to post their favorite easy winds from born cross eyed for me to listen to. Maybe this light is in the strangest of places. Just found the initial comment to have an unnecessary jab at dso. I become defensive when someone attacks my family. I must try to see past that bring on the easy winds 

• Forum MVP

I have seen BCE w Dino a few times...I dance and have fun

Saw Hyrider a few times...I dance and have fun

Seen DSO more than a few...I dance hard a lot and have lots of fun

Seen GD...I began to dance...discovered fun for me

• Forum MVP

Sorry for the side by side on the Easy Wind.,  Saturday's show started earlier than scheduled so we missed the opener: Stranger, Jack Straw, 1/2 Step, cowboy tunes?...., we came in on Pride of Cucumonga, Box, BE Women, Unbroken Chain, Birdsong, Run, Run Rudolph. Set 2 Easy Wind (imagine that?)China>Ryder>Playin>UJB... by 12:45 we had to head home (after having been at work at 8am that morning)

BCE is scheduled for Cabin fever in April at Terrapin Hills

Cosmic Charlies 1/6/18 is going to be my next dose of freedom.

Thank you for being kind to my opening entry of my frustration with DSO's cincy show this past fall.

There is still a Jedi out there.... Rey

I will need to see the film again to take more of it in. It is a mind expanding experience, changed the colors of the world when I walked out of the theater.

Don't drink too much because it is kinda long and you will not want to leave at any time during The Last Jedi.

No Midwest for winter tour, BCE is going to fill the days between

• Forum MVP

I think Dead in all forms is great.  From the stereo to local bar bands to national acts like DSO to stadium acts like dead and deadco. 

And I think you failed to put this all together.  He's saying Jerry was the last Jedi.  He saw Jerry at the theater then saw a dead tribute at a bar.  Right?

• Forum MVP

Get a chance to take the kids to the last Jedi tomorrow!  I think I’m more geeked than they are.

weird tho:  some people I’ve talked to think it’s fantastic!  Others say it’s totally unsatisfying - almost no in-between.  While the sample size is small, all the people that thought it was a tired ripoff we’re all under 40.  All the people that raved were over 40.  Why is that?  Cause they didn’t grow up with the original?Whatever - I’m goin no matter what.  

Oh yeah - get off my lawn.

• Forum MVP

I get in trouble here arguing semantics. I wasnt comparing Scotty to Jerry. I was comparing him to Luke in a long line of Jedis. Simply stating that the Jedi legacy has not died and will continue beyond the film. 

If your saying Scotty should pay me as is publicist, I'm not opposed.  I like money. Scotty more interested in being Bobby than Jerry though. 

• Forum MVP

Tea. Young kids can be critical. I think we can all see that the first 3. Episodes 4 through 6 were masterpieces. Some of the best movies ever made. Episodes 1 through 3 don't carry the same clout with me. Either did the last one where we waited the whole movie for 10 second million dollar cameo for Luke. These new films just don't do it like the original 3 for me. It's not that they suck. They just competitively aren't as good. I will see this last one?? with an open mind. 

Archived