grateful

Charlie Elser

• Forum MVP

As we head towards the end of another year, I thought I would pass along something that’s been on my mind lately.  Before you groan too loudly, just scroll right past these comments if you’re not in the mood for my machinations.

First, I want to say that I owe Taper Ron a huge debt of gratitude for providing what was first an outlet and is now a community for me.  While new ones come as the old ones go, there is a spirit here that has endured.  Many of us are very different people with different backgrounds, life-experiences, philosophies, attitudes, and perspectives.  It really is an amazing diversity!  Ron framed the space where we can all mix together and I couldn’t be more grateful for his kindness and the sacrifice of his time and his money.  DONATE HERE – whatever you can spare.    

Our obvious commonality is our passion for music we love played by artisans that have devoted their lives to its expression.  Whatever the reason is that brought you here and keeps you coming back, it gives me hope.  WTF - Hope?!?  We are all different people but when we find something we can all share on some level, our differences don’t divide us – that much anyway.  We disagree, we joke, we mock but there’s still a current of respect and tolerance that binds us together.  Believe it if you need it I guess....It gives me hope that this can exist on a large enough scale to matter.

I’m grateful for my life – so incredibly lucky!  I remember this when I go through some of my first-world troubles and some that are unfortunately much more than that.  The loss of people we love, the loss of trust in those we respected, and sometimes the loss of hope we have in ourselves.  Despite all of this darkness, I can derive peace from helping others, being kind, being present, being tolerant, and building community and fellowship.  All of the things that I try to teach my children but sometimes fail to show them.  Anyway – I’m grateful to be alive and grateful for this place!  Now that I got that out:

LETS F*CKING ROCK-N-ROLL IN 2018 FOLKS!    

https://imgur.com/WFwAdfY

(somebody show me how to insert this into the post?)  

2018 is gonna be the best year yet for DSO + CREW and we get to reap the wonderful benefits!  PEACE!

• Advisory Board
33 minutes ago, Tea said:

As we head towards the end of another year, I thought I would pass along something that’s been on my mind lately.  Before you groan too loudly, just scroll right past these comments if you’re not in the mood for my machinations.

First, I want to say that I owe Taper Ron a huge debt of gratitude for providing what was first an outlet and is now a community for me.  While new ones come as the old ones go, there is a spirit here that has endured.  Many of us are very different people with different backgrounds, life-experiences, philosophies, attitudes, and perspectives.  It really is an amazing diversity!  Ron framed the space where we can all mix together and I couldn’t be more grateful for his kindness and the sacrifice of his time and his money.  DONATE HERE – whatever you can spare.    

Our obvious commonality is our passion for music we love played by artisans that have devoted their lives to its expression.  Whatever the reason is that brought you here and keeps you coming back, it gives me hope.  WTF - Hope?!?  We are all different people but when we find something we can all share on some level, our differences don’t divide us – that much anyway.  We disagree, we joke, we mock but there’s still a current of respect and tolerance that binds us together.  Believe it if you need it I guess....It gives me hope that this can exist on a large enough scale to matter.

I’m grateful for my life – so incredibly lucky!  I remember this when I go through some of my first-world troubles and some that are unfortunately much more than that.  The loss of people we love, the loss of trust in those we respected, and sometimes the loss of hope we have in ourselves.  Despite all of this darkness, I can derive peace from helping others, being kind, being present, being tolerant, and building community and fellowship.  All of the things that I try to teach my children but sometimes fail to show them.  Anyway – I’m grateful to be alive and grateful for this place!  Now that I got that out:

LETS F*CKING ROCK-N-ROLL IN 2018 FOLKS!    

https://imgur.com/WFwAdfY

(somebody show me how to insert this into the post?)  

2018 is gonna be the best year yet for DSO + CREW and we get to reap the wonderful benefits!  PEACE!

Black Gold!

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, Rude said:

Ducats when you gonna come south?  Jubilee or Black mountain seem to be the most reasonable ones to travel for.

i appreciate the prodding but probably not in the cards for 2018. maybe 2019.  i have Black Mountain and Penn's Peak on the radar sometime over next five years. meanwhile the gout (went away-came back-went away-etc) has me crossing The Wellmont off the list for next week.

reading this thread i see a donate button in Tea's (sorry Tea I only made it about 65% through :) ) post and a couple of answers in my thread. I'll figure it out in the morning or ask for address for check.  I'm thinking i mailed cash to someone a few (probably a decade!)  years ago. TR?

• Forum MVP

Even though you have to look harder than you should, there is amazing beauty and kindness to be found.  I’m so very grateful for when I make myself search!

Heres to a kick-ass 2018!  Happy Holidaze :rolleyes:

• Forum MVP
On 12/20/2017 at 8:11 PM, ducats said:

i appreciate the prodding but probably not in the cards for 2018. maybe 2019.  i have Black Mountain and Penn's Peak on the radar sometime over next five years. meanwhile the gout (went away-came back-went away-etc) has me crossing The Wellmont off the list for next week.

reading this thread i see a donate button in Tea's (sorry Tea I only made it about 65% through :) ) post and a couple of answers in my thread. I'll figure it out in the morning or ask for address for check.  I'm thinking i mailed cash to someone a few (probably a decade!)  years ago. TR?

Heading to the Wellmont tonight- I’ll be Ms. green jeans with yellow bear tee- if you reconsider. 

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:39 PM, PoetryGirl said:
2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Heading to the Wellmont tonight- I’ll be Ms. green jeans with yellow bear tee- if you reconsider. 

Recover your password

2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

i can't believe you're making me consider going (zero degrees, can't drink, can't dance) as only an idiot would pass up green jeans :)

since i'm thinking PACKED as always can i get a hint: dance floor, balcony, etc....?

Archived