Tea

• Forum MVP

Here my current Top 5 for non-GD:

Groove is in the Heart – Deee Lite

Burning Down the House  -Talking Heads

Sex Machine – James Brown

Higher Ground – Sevie Wonder

Don’t Stop till You Get Enough – Michael Jackson

As for DSO performances….It’s tough as to whether I base it on a Suite of Songs or just stand-alone - so I'll do both.  Here is my top 5 (for today anyway) for both categories:

Suites

Scarlett > Fire

St Stephen > The Eleven

Help > Slip > Tangled

Cryptical > Other One

China > Rider

Stand-Alone

Dancin in the Streets

Let It Grow

Eyes of the World (especially 73 or 74)

Hard To Handle

Viola Lee

Honorable mentions:  Terrapin (god, the back half of this is paradise), Samson, Morning Dew (god, the back half of this is paradise), Dark Star, Deal

Had to pair it somehow and am missing obvious spell-binders.  Whatcha got for DSO and non-DSO?

giphy.gif

• Forum MVP

5 stars for the Dee lite throwback. Funny story my cousin was removed from a Bootsy Collins NYE bash for “smelling like a brewery” and his dancing. He’d literally only had a couple beers and was just a smelly guy. He proceeded to go drink whiskey in the parking lot and returned later and was able to stay for the rest of the show. 

Last year at Wanee a couple of bands merged for a late night prince and Bowie tribute that was a big dance party. 

And music never stopped is my dead dancer of choice

• Forum MVP
14 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

Last year at Wanee a couple of bands merged for a late night prince and Bowie tribute that was a big dance party. 

And music never stopped is my dead dancer of choice

I would've loved that late nite romp - sounds great!  I think jet fuel would've been required though.

Oy, Music!  That red-lines me 100% of the time.

• Forum MVP

Don’t dance much to other music but here are my fav dead dancers. 

Easy wind

corrina-so funky

help slip whatever- hearing that duh duh intro gets me super pumped and we are in for 20 minutes of sweating

sugar mags finisher. 

Sittin on top or Maggie’s farm or mystery train. All are smokin “bluegrass style” tempos

i could add 60 other songs really.  I just posted because I thought this was page 3 of the tea for Texas appreciation thread. 

And it’s been confirmed. He’s doing 7 shows on spring tour. I suggest having your own pen on hand as he doesn’t sign autographs with his own pens as they write in 24 carat gold psychedelic ink blessed by South American shamans who gather annually to soak up his wisdom. 

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Shakedown

It is my belief that Sugar Mags brings

out any and all to boogie, and they could

close every show with it and I'd approve.

These 2 omissions from my initial list almost make me feel like I should revoke my deadhead credentials...

I love the FUNK and Shakedown delivers!  Sugar Mags has everything a growing boy needs....

• Forum MVP

I like the Help Slip Franks  and Dancin from PBC in 2016 from 10-1-76. There was some funk getting thrown down side stage !!  Saint Circumstance  puts the twirl in my whirl'd though you have heard that before from moi. Here Comes Sunshine was the best dancer from Penn's Peak in 2014.... I love dancing to Viola Lee from Orange Peal 2015 when we got that 69er!! Jeez- Jeff almost ran us off the cliff on that run away train. 

Jack Straw and MSN always get feel good dancing going on in yo car, makes no difference who or where you are. Midnight Moonlight. St. Stephen-> Eleven... How do you choose. 

It is hard to say.....

• Forum MVP

To me, the moment and circumstances matter. Wouldn't necessarily put Dear Prudence in my top 10 dance songs, but when they wrapped up the Charlotte show this past spring with it the timing was just exactly perfect. PG would prob agree with me here. 

That being said, the ones that have brought me closest to a dance floor heart attack are viola, minglewood, eleven, going down the road, Cumberland. 

Some not mentioned yet..

Dear Mr Fantasy --> Hey Jude Reprise (Brent fans are people too)

Althea

Stranger --> Franklins' (a show opener)

Must have been the Roses ("Ten years the waves roll the ships home from the sea........One pane of glass in the window...")

Three men went a-hunting (lol...just kidding..but I do love that song)

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

To me, the moment and circumstances matter. Wouldn't necessarily put Dear Prudence in my top 10 dance songs, but when they wrapped up the Charlotte show this past spring with it the timing was just exactly perfect. PG would prob agree with me here. 

That being said, the ones that have brought me closest to a dance floor heart attack are viola, minglewood, eleven, going down the road, Cumberland. 

Per usual, he speaks truth. 

GP is a jolly, good fellow!

• Forum MVP
57 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

We are here sing Tea praises right?  

No - we're here to find out what songs make you giggle with glee.  Dance-wise.  

I get the situational aspect but what are your your tried-and-true launchpads?

• Forum MVP

Purra makes an awesome tea- all varieties have inspired, combined flavors. Yogi teas give you little inspirational quotes on the bag which is cleaver yet why can’t they tent the paper at the string’s end so when you pour the water it doesn’t end up in your cup to fish out? When it comes to black tea, I prefer the English brand, P&G tips, simply divine. It is my favourite. Refined, smooth drinkability.  

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

Purra makes an awesome tea- all varieties have inspired, combined flavors. Yogi teas give you little inspirational quotes on the bag which is cleaver yet why can’t they tent the paper at the string’s end so when you pour the water it doesn’t end up in your cup to fish out? When it comes to black tea, I prefer the English brand, P&G tips, simply divine. It is my favourite. Refined, smooth drinkability.  

PG Tips  +1   :D

Archived