Red Rocks 2018

LangeradoSoul

Happy New Year, folks. 

I frequently don't have the opportunity to travel far for music, but I am now in for Red Rocks 2018. I'm elated the band gets to play there, and I wouldn't miss it for the world-its a good moment for the band. 

I'm still working out the details, but I look forward to celebrating with you all. I've not been back to Red Rocks for a concert since 2001. 

P.S. I don't own the Philzone.net. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been to red rocks but I'm definitely going too make this and what would make it even more special is to meat as many of you forum brothers and sisters that come, so i really hope that before Showtime we can assemble someplace and just hang.  For me that would almost be as enjoyable as the show

• Forum MVP
36 minutes ago, helpfrankslip said:

I've never been to red rocks but I'm definitely going too make this and what would make it even more special is to meat as many of you forum brothers and sisters that come, so i really hope that before Showtime we can assemble someplace and just hang.  For me that would almost be as enjoyable as the show

Pencil it in brother.  There will be a gathering.  

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

No pussy erasers on pencils at golf courses, horse tracks and DSO...so yea book it.

Yea, that’s what I meant.. thanks for clarifying 2much. Rude plays disc golf, and those pussies use pencils with erasers. He doesn’t understand. 

Just purchased my tickets, and am super psyched about this show, having never been to Red Rocks, or Colorado for that matter, and I know DSO will make the re-creation of 7/8/78 shine brightly. I actually prefer 7/7/78 on the whole, but the second set of 7/8 is powerful. Spending the whole previous week in Denver, taking in the July 4th fireworks, and my birthday on the 6th. Got our Air bnb all set, will be driving there from New Jersey with our bikes, and can hardly wait to take in many of the sights and bike trails Colorado has to offer. If any of you have suggestions as to some of the better trails in and around the Denver area, I would much appreciate any tips you have for me. I have heard the craft brewery scene in town is crazy, and that works just fine for me and my hubby. Nothing like enjoying a few local cold ones after a full day of riding!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My tickets arrived in the mail yesterday, and I danced a little jig with a big smile on my face when I opened the envelope. So cool to FINALLY be going to Red Rocks!!! From the moment I heard my first tape of 7/7/78 (later 7/8), I just knew I had to make it there one day...and that was 35 years ago! Now it is only a few more months until I get to witness what has been described by so many who have been there as a "simply magical" place. DSO will surely be very proud to take the stage on that Sunday night, and to be there for a re-creation of such a highly-regarded show will be extra sweet for all involved. 

6 minutes ago, Dancin' Fool said:

May I inquire how you purchased your tix? We have print-outs that we must present at the box office for hard tix. We purchased fairly soon after announcement. Thanks.

:dsorocks:

Same here, got mine thru mission tix fan club sale, with a printout to show at will call. Really excited for this show. My first time to Red Rocks, and my wife's first Grateful Dead related show. Making a long weekend out of it for us, should be awesome. 

Thanks Hardpan. I feel a little better, but would love it if we too receive hard tix in mail. We are making it a tour of the High Country, as we haven't had a vacation in 10 years. Gonna be a full circle of sorts for myself, as my first show was at Red Rocks Sept. 83, while attending CU Boulder. Haven't been back to either location in almost 30 years!

I just visited the mission tix site, and it indicates that GA tix for this show will be mailed 2-3 weeks prior to event, so there's hope we won't need to deal w/ will call!! Fingers crossed and all that.

We too are extremely excited :headbang:.  Looking forward to meeting a few additional Starheads as well:cheers:

Thanks again!

• Forum MVP

I haven’t ordered mine but I won’t be home 2-3 weeks before redrocks.  Is there an option for will call? I assumed tix would be available for a while so didn’t want everything to hit at once. 

21 hours ago, Dancin' Fool said:

May I inquire how you purchased your tix? We have print-outs that we must present at the box office for hard tix. We purchased fairly soon after announcement. Thanks.

:dsorocks:

I purchased them through a link on DSO's website, after selecting "purchase tickets", and the company name the tickets came from was AXS.com . Initially they said the tickets wouldn't be mailed until 2-3 weeks before the show, but then I received a follow-up email from them a couple of weeks ago that said the "delivery delay has been lifted", and they would be mailed by no later than 3/31. I got them on Monday.

15 hours ago, Rude said:

I haven’t ordered mine but I won’t be home 2-3 weeks before redrocks.  Is there an option for will call? I assumed tix would be available for a while so didn’t want everything to hit at once. 

When I ordered my tickets through DSO's website, and it took me to AXS.com to purchase them, there was indeed a will call option, which also had the same surcharge of $15.00 per ticket as mailing paper tickets. I thought it was outrageous that they would tack on a surcharge for will call, and I really wanted paper tickets, so I opted for them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Finally got my commitment solid with the plane tix now purchased. Stoked for another first time pilgrimage thanks to dso...just seems foolish to not make this opportunity for first time to red rocks. Sounds like there will be many of us red rocks virgins there.

On a logistical note for anyone looking into rental cars outta Denver you probably noticed fairly high prices. I discovered there are multiple downtown car rental places for less than half the price and there's a light rail from airport straight to downtown for 9 bucks...

adventure awaits...🌄

• Forum MVP

I’ll either be a super marathoner by redrocks or in traction. Current odds are a pick’em. Will be weird not being home for 25 days. Contemplating booking a flight home just to come home 3 days as I already have a backup flight booked for Denver on Saturday afternoon flying back Monday in case. Just need to remember to cancel that flight if I’m not using it. 

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Rude said:

I’ll either be a super marathoner by redrocks or in traction. Current odds are a pick’em. Will be weird not being home for 25 days. Contemplating booking a flight home just to come home 3 days as I already have a backup flight booked for Denver on Saturday afternoon flying back Monday in case. Just need to remember to cancel that flight if I’m not using it. 

My plane is going Louisville to the to the Promised Land. I just have to remember to get off in Denver

Archived