Red Rocks 2018

LangeradoSoul

Hi Joey,

I saw those 2 tickets too and you are correct they are now gone---99% sure they were "verified resale" tickets witch would explain the crazy amount they were asking for....it's amazing to me what people will pay for.. yea the seller  asked a crazy amount but somebody thought not to crazy I guess....  

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

The dance scene here is over on the steps. Not really in the rows. The space is huge. The sound although still decent is sacrificed. Also some great platforms at the very top of the venue. Better sound. Less people. 

Although I've never been, I was thinking the top for the overall expansive view that I see in photos.  I'm also hoping for an expansive sky filled with stars.  Now I'm learning the sound is better up top.    For this show I was thinking sound, view, and dance space rather than proximity to the stage.  Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I’m On the road to redrocks now baby!!!  Currently in the beautiful state of Oklahoma. The state where they banned sharia law and have signs that hitchhikers May be escaped inmates. Streers and fears. 

On 6/20/2018 at 2:34 PM, Rude said:

I’m On the road to redrocks now baby!!!  Currently in the beautiful state of Oklahoma. The state where they banned sharia law and have signs that hitchhikers May be escaped inmates. Streers and fears. 

Safe travels man! Save us all a row!! 😁

:dsorocks::crewrocks:

• Forum MVP

Will be great to have so many good friends around. We should lock us down a big block of rows to see everyone’s smiling faces on every twirl :) . Going from knowing no one 5 years ago to prob 100+ who will be at redrocks is sort of nuts. This community is wonderful. I love you all :) Will be nice to see some who don’t get out much anymore too!  Show 6 of 11 tonight but 6/8 Dso :( . 

See y'all at rr... Can't wait! 

I may not be dancing much... Ive gone from too many red blood cells ( getting therapeutic phlebotomys Every month for the last 4 years) to out of the blue 12 days ago being anemic...

Arrived in Denver yesterday.  Saturday night in the city was fun and the people are most amazing!  2 nights in Denver, 5 nights in Fort Collins, 8 nights in Boulder - excursions hikes in the Rockies, DSO in r/r and 2 Dead & Company shows at Folsom.

my knees buckle with gratitude and love for this ‘time out’ from the interplay of joys and struggles of modern life.   Let me be frank- if not for DSO I would not be on this holiday.  It all began with a rumor many months ago that DSO would be playing r/r.

Oh, and Surya Namaskar every day - for me with NO larger social agenda - is the “silver bullet” of life that eases me in.  At home, I often neglect it but wouldn’t dare neglect in beautiful Colorado. ❤️🎶

• Forum MVP

today is Scott Larned birthday ... he was the vision behind Dark Star Orchestra 20 plus years ago .... Scott was a friend of mine ... many of you going to Red Rocks and posting on this board never met Scott let alone seen him play the keys at a DSO show  .. so do him and maybe more importantly yourself a favor and yes enjoy the day enjoy the show but try and stop the useless self indulgence and/or constant repeating of things going on (because goodness) tended to be displayed here there and everywhere ..... Scott would be happy with that ... have a sandwich in Colorado for him and keep on Truckin' on ... 

Matt,

Your post is stinging because I sense maybe I inspired it.   Whether or not, I will throttle back and temper down my uncontrollable excitement about travel, experiencing new lands, and meeting new and different people.   Combining those three with our music, I see my potential for self-indulgence posts.   

Even though it is stinging, your post is poetic and with kind intention.

Definitely.  A sandwich in honor and deep gratitude for Scott.

Frank

• Forum MVP

“Here there and everywhere” - nice Beatles touch, Matt. Here’s one from the Velvet Underground - “those were different times”

Scott wasn’t the first DSO person I talked to in my early days (Nick and Cam had that misfortune) but he was the first band member. I know this is also true for many others from that era. His kindness and welcoming demeanor helped bridge the gulf between rail and stage as much as can be done.

The In Memoriam folder didn’t make the cut for this iteration of the board and something of our collective soul definitely is lost with that, but we have our heartfelt memories.

This is the band I first saw in ‘01:

B2B6D965-5FE4-497D-BF3C-C02F971712FB.jpeg

• Forum MVP

Frank- 

I did not perceive a self indulgent fellow. I see someone who it excited to step out of the rat race and into the Deadhead world where magic happens. It is contagious, this feeling! 🙏🏻 Looking forward to sharing the space with you are Red Rocks whether we meet or not- the golden glow will be there and that is what matters. 

As Pink Floyd says- Shine on You Crazy Diamond! 

Aiko aiko- 

Jenn

PS my views thank gioodness don’t reflect those broad steps I walk in. I am unabashedly my own person . I have walked through fire more than once: However, I don’t think there  is a wrong way if you are living from your essence. What some see as an  egoic expression may, in fact,  be their own particular ego trap to see, as we are all just players on a stage,  when one is simply expressing their bliss. 🥂 Cheers!  The beautiful duality of living. 

Archived