Red Rocks 2018

LangeradoSoul

• Forum MVP

I will be shocked if they don’t give Lisa a chance to shine at Red Rocks. In the past, Donna and Lisa have alternated songs maybe duetting on one or two. That’s not to say that will be the formula here but I’d assume they both take the stage. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I will be shocked if they don’t give Lisa a chance to shine at Red Rocks. In the past, Donna and Lisa have alternated songs maybe duetting on one or two. That’s not to say that will be the formula here but I’d assume they both take the stage. 

Yeah, and in addition invite them both on stage together for the "Werewolves" encore, which would give Donna and Lisa the chance to scat back and forth on the vocals, teasing Jerry as Donna did in the original. I also fantasize about them tacking on "China>Rider" as filler, just to hear the "I'd shine my light" line, as the place would naturally go bonkers! It is a long show as is, I know, but that would be extra sweet! Hey, a guy can dream, right?

• Forum MVP
On 5/6/2018 at 9:16 AM, topher44 said:

Yeah, and in addition invite them both on stage together for the "Werewolves" encore, which would give Donna and Lisa the chance to scat back and forth on the vocals, teasing Jerry as Donna did in the original. I also fantasize about them tacking on "China>Rider" as filler, just to hear the "I'd shine my light" line, as the place would naturally go bonkers! It is a long show as is, I know, but that would be extra sweet! Hey, a guy can dream, right?

One of my all time fav DSO show I attended... 1/31/2005

* = Lisa

**= Donna

+++ = both

ack Straw*
Half Step**-> El Paso
Brown Eyed Women**
Minglewood
Loser**
Passenger*
Friend Of The Devil**
Me & My Uncle
Tennessee Jed*
Music Never Stopped**

Set Two:

Bertha***-> Good Lovin***
Candyman**
Playin*-> Drumz-> Wheel*-> Wharf Rat**-> Around**

Encore:
Brokedown*-> Playin*

Filler:
Catfish John****

18 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

One of my all time fav DSO show I attended... 1/31/2005

* = Lisa

**= Donna

+++ = both

ack Straw*
Half Step**-> El Paso
Brown Eyed Women**
Minglewood
Loser**
Passenger*
Friend Of The Devil**
Me & My Uncle
Tennessee Jed*
Music Never Stopped**

Set Two:

Bertha***-> Good Lovin***
Candyman**
Playin*-> Drumz-> Wheel*-> Wharf Rat**-> Around**

Encore:
Brokedown*-> Playin*

Filler:
Catfish John****

That show would have been quite special, and let's hope DSO includes both of them throughout the Red Rocks show, taking turns on some numbers, and corresponding on others. Too bad Archive doesn't have this one!

I am trying to decide if I should go to  the red rocks show . 

I would need to fly in Sunday from Philly and leave Monday 

I will have just returned the previous Tuesday from a 10 stint  in California.

i will be catching their Berkeley show. 

i’ve not been to RR and I  guess I looking for a push from anyone who’s been there .

u think it’s worth the trip? 

• Forum MVP

Red Rocks is a music mecca. If the Dead is your thing and you’re here so I am assuming it is, seeing DSO at red Rocks for your first Red Rocks show will be magic. I’ll never forget any of the shows I saw there. 

• Forum MVP

I look forward to experiencing the magic...just got a brief video texted to me last night live from red rocks for Elephant Revival's final show. It looked a little rainy but still awesome. That band has had a good run and I'm sure they will all disperse into other cool music projects...

Red Rocks looks epic

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Red Rocks is a music mecca. If the Dead is your thing and you’re here so I am assuming it is, seeing DSO at red Rocks for your first Red Rocks show will be magic. I’ll never forget any of the shows I saw there. 

POTD.

post of the day

I’ll add that the real-life factors such as money, spare time, and overall energy level (read:  are you young enough to enjoy it after West Coast run)?  I infer from your phrasing that you’re checking all of those boxes.

If so, then as MC says:  it shall be magic.  Sleep when you’re, eh, Dead.  

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

i’ve not been to RR and I  guess I looking for a push from anyone who’s been there .

My humble thoughts about your calculus above. 

PS:  see you in Berkeley.  

• Forum MVP

I’ll have slept for several days pre redrocks. Deadco shoreline July 3. redrocks July 8. Should be in the shape of my middle aged life by then. Wish they would hurry up with that gene therapy that would put me back to my 19yr old basketball body.  Unfortunately it will likely stop my aging process when I’m 80 and will be stuck there for 60 years. I’ll become immortal like Keith Richards. 

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Are you doing the whole Dso summer west coast tour? I actually have a flight to and from redrocks booked in case I decide post west coast tour I want to come home for a few days before redrocks. Just need to remember to cancel it if I decide to stay out west. Only issue is it would only give me 2 days home before I’m off again so not sure it’s even worth it to come back.

Rude:  I'm not doing the whole west coast tour.   

Have a wedding to attend on 6-22 thru 6-24.... but would prefer  doing the 3 DSO shows on those days instead. 

I will most likely follow them up the coast.  Petaluma, sacramento, Berkley, Berkley.....

Sounds like your on the same schedule that i'm looking to do.   

DesertDead:    i have the spare time and energy....

Board:   Decision made - I'm too old not to go...  found a cheap flight for $260  red eye in on saturday night  then red eye out monday night.  I can crash in my rental car or buy a tent.        

Thanks Board..     Looking forward to a memorable magical show.      C some of you there.     

Red rocks  hold 9K ?     Do you people think it will  be crowded?     

• Forum MVP

I think deadco west coast will affect Dso redrocks some. The fake tour schedule I was conned into believing would have been perfect for Dso. Deadco fri, sat boulder and Dso Sunday. Too bad that couldn’t be the real schedule. Would be great for Dso and deadheads.  Deadco people would be like this is 4 levels above what we’ve been hearing.  People would be passing out left and right because they aren’t used to proper GD tempo. It’s like preparing for a marathon by browsing an outdoor market. Headlines would read “DSO causes fans to fall out”. People would be quoted as saying they play too fast. This is nothing like the dead and company CD’s i listen to in my car. Dso is bastardizing the dead and company music that I love and I plan to stick to the original music of dead and company. The reporter pointed out that the Grateful Dead was the original performer and fans replied that dead and co modernizes the dated music and is a perfect match to hold their iPhones up to post to their live Facebook feed. 

This is “sarcasm” btw. It’s “not” what I actually believe. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 5/2/2018 at 10:53 PM, helpfrankslip said:

Hated missing gratefulfest/jubilee #10 for me, but seeing my son walk the stage was worth The miss. (He took his grad trip to Colorado to see Bassnectar at a festival, and ween at red rocks. Stoked for him.) Now I'm getting anxious for this DSO show. Been to the rocks a bunch of times, but like the rest of you, haven't seen DSO there. Can't wait!!

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Mason's Child said:

Ween is absolute garbage. 

We missed you. 

He'll learn, just a young buck cutting his teeth. He has passion for live music, just need to get him on the right path. No rush. Haha. 

• Forum MVP

Hey MC or anyone else who's spent time at red rocks,,,are there open flat areas for spreading our wings for dancing there? The photos and video I've seen make it look intensely steep to the point of yipes. But what's it really like there for dancing areas?? I assume it's all concrete surface...?

Archived