Drums Space 2017 >

jimmylew

I’ve never actually understood people leaving during d/s. I mean whatever the case may be for someone to take a break...smoke, piss, drink or just a mental break lol...but actually leave the show? Not for me and never will be. There’s def was a major exit at the wellmont but I wasn’t mad, moved right up with plenty of space till brokedown.

and btw Val Kilmer played a damn good Jim Morrison

I grew up watching my cousin smash the drums. Eventually she became good and joined a band. She also plays several other instruments and sings but drums are the number one. It went from crazy noise when we were kids growing up into beauty as we got older. I’ve made her listen to a few GD drum segments. She really appreciates it, although not a Deadhead she still Really likes the whole deal. Drum time at a show truly reminds me of watching her growing up and then seeing her at her shows and what a awesome instrument it is.

Drums segments at DSO are awesome, I love watching Dino and rob do the damn thing, it’s a great part of the show and should never be removed or shortened. I’ve brought a couple of non heads to some shows and they might not know any Dead songs but afterwards they all remembered the drums segment. 

• Forum MVP

Drums/Space can be very cool, yet I prefer the earlier years before the requisite drums/space break......there could still be "drums" within an Other One or Alligator back then, or space within a Dark Star......my preference any way.

• Forum MVP

When I was 17/18 we had nights where while enhanced would listen to the end 10-15x. Maybe you just haven’t experienced it in the right frame of mind, MC.  I recall vividly turning off all the lights in my basement with 6 friends, attaching a glow stick to the ceiling fan(and turning it on) as the only light and playing the end over and over. 

I always enjoy D>S as a road marker during the  concert when you can relax, toke up, take a piss or wig out and sometimes all four.

Interesting history of Drums>Space. Plenty of examples of drumming dating to 60s with the author claiming D>S was "institutionalized in 1978. 

https://deadessays.blogspot.com/2017/03/drums-and-space-guest-post.html

It’s all good in my opinion.  I’m just happy the music is still alive and well.  DSO can play whatever set they want they do it so well.  I get tired of the complaining fans not hearing what they wanted to hear or hearing something they didn’t want to hear because someday there might not be a band.  I’m grateful for what we have and feel lucky when I can attend a show.

• Forum MVP

On a long run, I always take a smoke and pee break during d/s. I’m old and gotta pee and it’s the spot. Plus once u do a bunch in a row u need a break and d/s seems to be the 2nd set break. It also tells the people who aren’t there fully for the music it’s time to leave so the rest of us can have room to groove. 

Archived