BCE @ CC

Ammagamalin Crew

• Forum MVP

Cosmic Charlie's BCE 1-6-18

#1Bucket, Bobby McGee, Dire Wolf, CC Rider, Peggy O, Blow Away, BIODTL, BE Women, Tom Thumb, Doin That Rag, Cumberland, Ramble on Rose, MNS.

#2HSF, China>Rider, Estimated>d>S>Stella Blue>Lovelight, Jack Straw>Aiko Aiko, She Belongs To Me> Good Lovin! E: Rubin.....great crowd, great venue, played great

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Recently another forum member asked for an Easy Wind in reference to DSO's versions, ( really it was me who was disappointed with the filler DSO Easy Wind from fall Cincy). Well BCE has a video up on their website: the second set from the most recent Cosmic Charlie experience, 1/6/18. Which is fun to be able to revisit the set. After the encore, there's a high speed video of the break down of the stage, followed by the first set. www.borncrosseyed.com 

This is what we in Ohio and KY have had to keep the spirit alive since 1992. Dino is in on drums.

• Forum MVP

I will check it out. I love local Dead. Splintered in philly was a great outlet for me. Shakedown street here in Colorado also great dance outlet but for me and I am speaking just for me but DSO is way beyond that for me. They achieve textures and layers in sound that none of the other bands I've been lucky to catch hit. I'm doing wanee this year and will catch Crazy Fingers for the first time. I've heard good things about them doing the local Dead Florida thing. Top dead set was fun when visiting my mom in oracle. Played 420 pm start show for free. They weren't quite on shakedown or splintered leave but fun nonetheless. 

• Forum MVP

I'm usually disappointed when they play Mr Charlie for the encore because I would do much rather they played easy wind but you know I shake that off fast. Not much time to dwell in disappointment. Especially when you have the opener of your next show to look forward too. 

• Forum MVP
On 1/28/2018 at 10:25 PM, gr8fulpair said:

I love me some Mr Charlie, but will take an Easy Wind over it every day of the week and twice on Sunday! 💥

Try these for your 2x on Sunday:

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1970/1/30/easy-wind

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1969/12/12/easy-wind

• Forum MVP

There's no marquee on the new place. Parking is on the street. You may get a Scarlet Fire, it's due. The sound is really good and it's about a free of a place as any, absolutely no security hassle, everyone is in peace. They got a good drum session with Dino and the two other drummers. Hopefully you can make it. I'm tempted. If you decide to go and come through Cincy, pm me, I can get us a free hotel in Georgetown. 

• Forum MVP

I’d like to go see them this weekend but we have another funeral late this week. 3rd in 10 days. 2 grandparents and a good friends dad. We had to cancel 2 shows already. She was very sick in hospice and we are fortunate she passed this week as next week we have show plans. Note I’m not happy for the passing or being selfish about travel but she was very sick and in pain in hospice and now she’s free. But it’s been just nonstop death all at once and it changes how you think when it’s just piled on and having to cancel more travel plans would just add to the sadness of it all. Next week won’t come fast enough even though it’s not DSO which I really need. I feel like I’m already hsving a letdown from having JRAD shows vs most other bands I love. I hate going in with this mentality. Plus we will be in packed oppressive venues which definitely won’t add to our enjoyment and I see myself promoting Dso in a sea of people who will be arguing how playing a radar love jam in the middle of a dead song makes it that much better. Already had a friend tell me how cool it is to hear these different jams and I’m like I want dead. I don’t want golden earring. And yes they do a 3 minute radar love jam in a song. My head ain’t right anyway right now. The dreaded 2 nights with the gfs family is all I can think about right now. Will be the 1st time in 2 years I’ve been around most of them.  Don’t want to be treated this ol way. 

• Forum MVP
47 minutes ago, Rude said:

I’d like to go see them this weekend but we have another funeral late this week. 3rd in 10 days. 2 grandparents and a good friends dad.  

I see myself promoting Dso in a sea of people who will be arguing how playing a radar love jam in the middle of a dead song makes it that much better. 

Death Don't indeed.  Sorry Rude - I know what you're going through.  It can turn you inside-out and upside-down - on a good day.

Let me know if they toy with some Foghat when they do their thing.  I could've sworn that they painted around the outside of Peter Framptons 'Do you Feel' recently...

Archived