College hoops

bs69

• Forum MVP

I figured no one else is taking cincy so if they happen to win it ill win a pool. I figure they have as good a shot as any to win and it takes something different to win. Note 60% of people in my dads office pool take UK to win every year. Even the bad UK teams, they take uk. The NIT year people wrote in uk lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Rude said:

Cincy Virginia nova and duke with cincy taking it all. 

Love to see someone taking my Cincy Bearcats and I do like our draw, but if we get Arizona that's not a good matchup for us. By the way, Cincy and Virginia are in the same region

• Forum MVP

Back when I had many fewer responsibilities, TODAY used to be my favorite day of the year! 

We would slow-cook BBQ ribs across 5 crock pots for about 48 hours.  Next we’d collect as many TV’s, projectors, cable boxes, and power strips that we could get.  By the time everything was hooked up, we’d have a wall of screens each with their own CBS feed.

My buddy would bust out his home-brewed strong Ale and we’d proceed to watch basketball, eat ribs, and drink beer all day, and all night.  When there were breaks or we started getting a little tipsy, we’d go out and play wiffle ball – rain or shine.  Once basketball was finally done, we’d pass out and then wake up on Friday and do it all over again.  Some of the best times I’ve ever had – my gut would be sore from laughing and my throat would be horse from yelling.  Buzzer-beaters were the BEST!

We tried to keep the tradition alive as long as we could but life intervened.  <_<

It was like Might As Well in a living room instead of a train - Good times!

• Forum MVP

Sorry I have

cincy     Cincy

Michigan  

Villanova                 Cincy

duke     Duke

wasnt looming at bracket when I was trying to recall picks 

• Forum MVP
20 minutes ago, Rude said:

Sorry I have

cincy     Cincy

Michigan  

Villanova                 Cincy

duke     Duke

wasnt looming at bracket when I was trying to recall picks 

Rude - put away the paint thinner and give me your picks.  

This is the 1st time I can remember not filling out a bracket.  I seemed to be more preoccupied with my picks than just enjoying the games so I'm gonna relax this year!  I just glanced at it and came up with:

NOVA

MICH STATE

MICH

VIRGINIA

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, bs69 said:

Absolutely crushed after my Bearcats meltdown yesterday. Coupled with the Xavier loss it is a depressing day in Cincy today

That meltdown crushed me. I had cincy winning it all and looked like I’d be happy with UK final 4 or flush with cash cincy final 4.  Biggest tourney comeback I’ve ever seen.  Stilll remember 96 UK coming back vs Duke 17 down. Lexington was insane that night. Pretty sure cops let everyone drink and drive that night. Well we were pretty wasted honking our horn driving to and from bars and didn’t go to jail so a Standown order must have been given. 

• Forum MVP

Kentucky never found a rhythm offensively and didn't take very good care of the basketball.  They still had a chance at the end - just couldn't cash it in.  

Michigan simply just made everything against A&M.  Happy they are moving on even though there was zero drama after 15 minutes.

Layola-Chicago + FSU continue to surprise!

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Tea said:

Kentucky never found a rhythm offensively and didn't take very good care of the basketball.  They still had a chance at the end - just couldn't cash it in.  

Michigan simply just made everything against A&M.  Happy they are moving on even though there was zero drama after 15 minutes.

Layola-Chicago + FSU continue to surprise!

Kentucky sucks taint. 

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

And don't say they made it further than the tarheels cause I know that shit already fucker. 😂

Lmao I was already thinking of my tar heels response before I saw the 2nd post 😂. U.K. was pathetic. Refs kept them in the game. 

That UK/k state was the worst game I’ve ever watched. 2:25 game(give me a 4:30 college football game but 2hoirs is plenty with hoops). 50 fouls called.  Refs called half the fouls away from the ball. Zero rhythm to whole game. It was unwatchable.  We drank so many motivational shots to try to snap the team out of it. They looked drunk. So slow. Didn’t react. We had as many turnovers as field goals or more. Just a pathetic game. 

• Forum MVP

In my 8 bracket family pool my mom and dad both have Michigan winning and my mom has Kansas and Villanova and dad has duke and Villanova. If Kansas wins today mom wins. If duke wins, I just need Loyola to win. 6 of 8 people in the pool have Michigan final 4. Crazy. Thought I’d be only one lol. 

• Forum MVP

Congrats to Kansas on a classic game. Duke came ever so close, but it's hard to overcome experience with mere youthful raw talent (freshmen).

It's no surprise that each of the Final 4 teams is rich in experience and upperclassmen.

I really wish the NBA would change the 1ndone rule.

Next weekend should be fun......hoping for a Loyola miracle!

• Forum MVP

Both of dukes guards left the Kansas guard and I think he was shocked he was wide open on the game tying 3. I think each one thoight the other had him. 

What a hell of a game though. Like several ties and 6 lead changes over last few minutes of regulation. Wow. 

Villanova looks fantastic. Even in a game they couldn’t shoot, they offensive rebounded and that’s what won it for them. Tough defense too from the number 1 offensive team. Most of that team will be back next year too. They only losing 1 impact player. Look for them to compete for it again if not be preseason favs with Duke and their 1,2,3 recruiting class. That’s nuts too. 

• Forum MVP

So Duke took a biiiiiiig hit. Capel gone. Calipari rejoicing. Uk had a 1,2 recruiting year with Davis and kidd GilChrist and I think cousins/Wall was a 1,2 year.  Duke got the 1,2,3 for the 2018-19 season because of Jeff Capel. That’s insane. And it got Capel a head coaching job. I’m curious if any of those 3 recruits change their mind. They won’t be going to Pitt, but they might not all want to still head to duke. 

PG holler at Zion Williamson and tell him he needs to reconsider his duke commitment. Uk a better fit. Somehow doubt PG views the sports forum though she’s prob watched Zion play more than any college scout ;)  That seems like it should be a riddle lol. 

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Rude said:

So Duke took a biiiiiiig hit. Capel gone. Calipari rejoicing. Uk had a 1,2 recruiting year with Davis and kidd GilChrist and I think cousins/Wall was a 1,2 year.  Duke got the 1,2,3 for the 2018-19 season because of Jeff Capel. That’s insane. And it got Capel a head coaching job. I’m curious if any of those 3 recruits change their mind. They won’t be going to Pitt, but they might not all want to still head to duke. 

PG holler at Zion Williamson and tell him he needs to reconsider his duke commitment. Uk a better fit. Somehow doubt PG views the sports forum though she’s prob watched Zion play more than any college scout ;)  That seems like it should be a riddle lol. 

Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I doubt that we will see any of the incoming freshmen transfer, though.

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, Rude said:

I doubt that either. They are all lottery picks. They may be upset but a change won’t be positive for a 1 and done. 

Chris Carrawell just announced he's replacing Capel on the bench......should more than suffice I would think.

• Forum MVP
On 3/24/2018 at 12:16 PM, Rude said:

Lmao I was already thinking of my tar heels response before I saw the 2nd post 😂. U.K. was pathetic. Refs kept them in the game. 

That UK/k state was the worst game I’ve ever watched. 2:25 game(give me a 4:30 college football game but 2hoirs is plenty with hoops). 50 fouls called.  Refs called half the fouls away from the ball. Zero rhythm to whole game. It was unwatchable.  We drank so many motivational shots to try to snap the team out of it. They looked drunk. So slow. Didn’t react. We had as many turnovers as field goals or more. Just a pathetic game. 

I have noticed this in a lot of the tournament games. Send like a lot more whistles than usual. Their intent of creating more offense by calling fouls for all the incidental bumps on the perimeter has backfired. Too many stops and starts and the games have no rhythm. They need to go back and make some rule changes. 

Archived