College hoops

bs69

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, acududeman said:

Chris Carrawell just announced he's replacing Capel on the bench......should more than suffice I would think.

Capel is the recruiting king now. He got Zion Williamson away from uk. That kid is an absolute beast. He’s a cousins type freak. Not saying he will be as good as cousins but he’s an athletic beast and will rebound 9 a game next year. Uk hasn’t had a rebounder in 3 years and that’s all they have lacked when they had Fox and ulis at point. That’s the problem with 1 and done. You are usually 1 player shy of a brilliant team.  Fox and monk and ulis and Murray backcourt in 2 straight years but zip underneath. Such a waste of 2 brilliant combos. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
12 hours ago, acududeman said:

Fantastic finish in women's hoops.....that ND player just cemented her legend in Irish lore.....bravo!

If you ignore the foul as miss state was fast breaking for the win. The ND girl smashes her for the “steal”. Note I was watching the slam dunk contest and was like I’ll watcg the last 1:48. Was a crazy finish 

• Forum MVP
25 minutes ago, BillK522 said:

Villanova 81

Michigan 67

Praise DSO.

I'm afraid that score may be accurate but I'll hope for the best!  Nova does enough things well that they would have to do most of them very poorly to come up short.  If MICH shoots like they did against A&M then they be cuttin down the nets!   

• Forum MVP
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, acududeman said:

Tennessee

UNC                        UNC             

NOVA                      NOVA               NOVA Champs 

Duke

Well, I got one thing right in my bracket....

• Forum MVP

So Villanova was hands down the best team by tourney time.  They had 5 alpha dogs on the floor at all time.  They were playing for life.  No one in the country would have beat them.  They just swarmed to every missed shot, double teamed on defense and then backed away to cover the kick and forced michigan into many bad shots and they pushed it and pushed it.  They may have most of that team back next year.  Thats a scary thought.  They are probably only losing 2 players even though 1 will be Brunson since he graduated in 3 years which prob means he's fulfilled what he wanted to do in college.  2 championships in 3 years with his degree.  Thats what you call a successful college career. 

The scariest stat is the lowest 3 point percentage among their starters was 38.5% on the year.  All 5 starters are legit shooting threats and that makes them impossible to guard.  They just passed so well too.  They were as complete a team as Ive seen in several years.  Congrats to them.  They deserved it and didnt let anyone all tourney get within 12 points and 15+ in the final four.  Thats domination.

Archived