JITS - Night 4

Tea

• Forum MVP

Set One: China Cat Sunflower ; I Know You Rider ; Black Throated Wind ; Ramble On Rose ; We Can Run ; Greatest Story Ever Told ; Sunrise ; #Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues ; *Baby What You Want Me To Do > *Smokestack Lightning ; *White Rabbit 

Set Two: Not Fade Away > Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; @Cumberland Blues ; Dark Star > Sing Me Back Home > One More Saturday Night 

Encore: % I'll Be With Thee 

Notes

# Justin Guip, drummer for Hot Tuna on drums with Dino ; 
* Jack Casady and Jorma Kaukonen play with DSO!  
@ With Ben Gourley on mandolin and Jason Wolf on banjo from Rumke Mountain Boys. 
% with Tanya Shylock on vocals and Chad on percussion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Advisory Board

https://www.jambase.com/article/grateful-sunshine-dark-star-orchestra-presents-jam-sand-vi-photos-videos-setlists

Watch the White Rabbit video.

I can’t say enough about this JITS. Each night was great and special with the weather creating special shows like the second night acoustic, third night single long set in the pouring rain, with an extra special Good Love. 

But night 4 was incredible. I refrain from saying “best ever” but certainly top 2 or 3 for me. Right now my number 1. Jack and Jorma joining the band took it way over the top. I was so happy and proud in a funny way to see DSO knock White Rabbit out of the park with these rock super heroes on stage with them. Perfect. And Tonya is the real thing with the sweetest voice with Lisa on I’ll Be With Thee. 

Start saving for next year. JITS is a slice of DSO heaven. 

Dr. B😎

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
13 hours ago, John A said:

Has DSO ever played Baby What You Want before?

According to setlist fm, “Baby What You Want”  by Jimmy Reed has never been played by DSO; it has been performed 87 times by Hot Tuna and 5 Times by Jorma Kaukonen Band.

Smokestack 22 times. 

I guess DSO could’ve played it 2/20/10, my first show that doesn’t have a setlist listed. Doubt it though.