Emotional support animals

Rude

• Forum MVP

Let me preface this by saying anyone who knows me knows that I’m a pretty liberal guy, but the abuses by people with enotional support animals need to come to an end. United airlines just rejected a lady who took tried to bring her peacock on a plane, yes a peacock. Service animals are completely different. They are the humans eyes, they alert their humans of blood sugar issues and many more needed things. At jubilee you see too many people with dogs who provide no service. Technically we all have animals who provide us emotional support but they shouldn’t be at a festival. I’m not sure what the actual policy is but seeing the picture of the peacock in the airport along with people bringing miniature ponies on planes made me think of the dog that kept kicked in the pit because of his horrible owner. At least a pony is big enough for people to see it to not step on it. 

• Forum MVP
On 1/30/2018 at 6:16 PM, Rude said:

..... At jubilee you see too many people with dogs who provide no service. Technically we all have animals who provide us emotional support but they shouldn’t be at a festival. ....

I disagree.   Nothing wrong with dogs at Jubilee as long as they are taken care of correctly and the dog is a friendly one.

Peace and Love,

Doc

I remember that.  That was Las Vegas HOB, right?  The establishment was to blame as well.  Allow the pet in... maybe.  But make it stay in a designated area.  Not in front of the stage.  It was unbelievable.  It actually took a little time to process that the owner was that dumb and the establishment was that irresponsible.  Absolutely ridiculous.

I agree 100% Rude.  And that doesn't happen all that often. ;)

• Forum MVP

Yes. That too. Forgot about that.  People got pissed at that girl bringing the dog into the pit at HoB because they felt for the dog. People backed away from her so people wouldn’t step on the dog as it was tiny.  That girl was a piece of shit who didn’t care about her little 10 pound dog getting crushed. In a mosh pit with a dog who could be killed easily by 1 step is the epitome of someone who should not have a pet. 

I was actually thinking about jubilee a few years ago when dude took his dog into the heavily packed area and I saw people accidentally step on it. You don’t look at the ground when walking through a crowd and the dog was invisible to passer throughs. 

And Doc, dogs are not allowed at jubilee unless federal law dictates it. Dogs should not be there unless they perform a task that their owner needs medically and preventing sadness isn’t a legit reason. There are legitimate health concerns as well since we are all living on the ground. Feces spreads disease and those Wookies weren’t picking up poop and were putting the dogs in harms way. I think they cracked down on it as the number of dogs fell dramatically from the 1st year or 2. 

ABSOLUTELY NO PETS WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE CONCERT VENUE OR CAMPGROUNDS. If a pet is found in your car, you will be turned away regardless of wait, ticket status, or excuse. If you have a service animal, please be sure to have all the necessary papers/licenses.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

And Doc, dogs are not allowed at jubilee unless federal law dictates it. Dogs should not be there unless they perform a task that their owner needs medically and preventing sadness isn’t a legit reason. There are legitimate health concerns 

I agree that "emotional support " is not a legitimate reason.  An important part of correctly taking care of a dog is taking them to an appropriate location as well as cleaning up after them. And having a dog in the crowd in front of the stage is totally wrong. The dogs should remain at their campground.

And Rude,  wasn't your name "RudeDOG" before you changed it a couple months ago. Maybe your girlfriend, bless her heart, might have to leave you back at home. :)

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

The whole nickname cane from our fraternity basketball team. Our jerseys said rude on them. I wore that jersey playing hoops the summer after my freshman year of college and hometown friends started calling me rude dog and it became an easy username on chat groups. I didn’t really like the dog part so just shortened it. My number was 69 on the jersey. I got the coveted jersey. Wish I still had it lol. I’m not that rude, just to the point. I can get rude though but mostly in response to assholes. 

• Forum MVP

Define emotional support?  Do we have a racket in this country? Family doctors writing up papers for those that don't really have emotional problems that require constant companionship. Sure do. I've been apart of it. I had two dogs with emotional support papers. Most airlines will let you travel with your dogs for free in that scenario. It was cheapest method to bring dogs along over the holidays. I never abused the papers but certainly could have. On the other hand, I service vet suffering from severe PTSD very well may need a dog for emotional support at all times. I could see a rape victim needing an emotional support animal at all times. Maybe makes them feel safe. 

Now maybe more to Rudes point. That chick in Vegas should've been asked to leave the show, had her dog taken away from her, and possibly faced charges for animal cruelty. She was being a total shit of a human being in that moment. I hope she has performed better going forward. 

Dogs at the festival. It never seemed necessary or appropriate to me. However I will say that a responsible dog owner can bring their dog to a festival without causing the dog any harm or making the situation more hazardous for the other festival goers. The problem often lies with the person not the dog. For the most part though, I'm with rude. Find a doggie sitter. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I never abused the papers but certainly could have. 

Im really glad you didn't MC,,,as paper abuse is becoming more and more of a problem. I am an advocate for the respectful use of paper,,one of our most useful resources that we all use on a daily basis. The trend toward tearing it up, or worse, crumpling it into a ball and throwing it over one's shoulder has become an epidemic in recent years. Hell I've even known people who just throw paper away rather than recycle it. Paper is here to help and deserves our respect. Spitting on it or scribbling on it aimlessly are other issues of significant proportions. There is a great organization called "American Citizens for the Proper Use of Paper" that is doing some excellent and important work in helping to rehabilitate paper that has been through various forms of abuse...very inspiring.

Thanks for bringing this up MC and for doing the right thing man.

• Forum MVP

Huck, thank you for bringing the critically important work of ACPUP to people’s attention. I have witnessed paper abuse all too often. Sometimes courtesy is condoning and the only solution is direct action. Pads have to be yanked away from brutal doodlers. Abandoned newspapers (yes, they are still being thoughtlessly printed) have to be gathered up and placed with foster recyclers. 

One would think that in an increasingly paperless society there would be more appreciation of, and respect shown to, such an endangered resource. But it appears that just the opposite is the case.

Whole reams are strewn by the side of the road, left to the unkind whims of sun and shower, wind and rain. Used as fire starters, for unspeakable acts of hygiene, needlessly printed on, and cavalierly torn as wrapping paper then disposed of like trash - it brings out the worst in too many of us.

So won’t you please dig deep, everyone, find some of those pieces of paper called Benjamins, and donate today? We have already brought a halt to the cruelly unloved White Pages but there is so much left undone before the world is safe for Post-its and legal pads.

• Advisory Board

Now that the floodgates have opened it is long past due to shine a light on the tools of the abusers. For far too long the scissor and the stapler have gotten a pass from all of us. While it’s true that “scissors and staplers don’t mutilate paper, people mutilate paper” it is also time to accept that these tools of institutional paper abuse must be reigned in. More subtle is the “paper clip”. Imagine the indignity of being so closely held against your peers. Worse than that is the heavy duty “fastener” of many sizes used to tightly bind many innocent papers at the same time. Holding them together in a collective bondage with little chance for any individual expression or unique identity. 

The situation is rampant and out of control. There is a specific support group for McDonald’s paper cups almost all who have been scalded and discarded. There is also a mutual jealousy and suspicion between paper bags and plastic bags. You don’t hear about that very often (if ever). These two groups have been played off of each other by “the Man” for decades. I won’t even mention the possibilities for future atrocities with the advent of 3D printers...

I salute you Huck, and Chuck! It is time to recognize both of you for your “egalitarian” approach to our downtrodden friends in the Paper realms. That being said, I will never shake your hand upon your exit from the Port-a-Potty at the Jubilee. Sometimes social conscience goes a bit too far. 

Dr. B😎

• Advisory Board

Imagine that for decades, no centuries actually the peaceful blotter was merely an afterthought to the fountain pen or the quill.  Soiled and stained on purpose for the pleasure of writing implements. Next comes along the so-called  age of enlightenment. Better living through chemistry. The  indignities of perforation and gasp, ingestion! 

Imagine the shame of being measured by your ability to soak up fluids within the substance of your being. Where will it all end?  

And now is the right time to mention Taper Ron’s higher calling. He is the founder of the ACPUP Forums. There he is known as “Paper Ron” or “PR”.  I urge any of you interested to check it out. A generous donation in the form of Bitcoin would certainly be appreciated.  The ACPUP Forums  

Let’s all work together to end the indignity of the paper, rock, scissors game. Consider the so-called “Chinese Finger Trap” as a Koan for enlightenment.  Do it, before it’s too late ...

Dr. B

• Forum MVP

I love that the old guys hijacked the thread. If they don't have emotional support pets yet, they should definitely go get the appropriate licensing. Maybe they can do it electronically on your phone so you can keep up the cause for the paper. Either that or develop a healthier masturbation habit. Too much time on your hands. 

Med cards here going other direction. Stores will no longer accept cards reduced to fit one page. You must print out on two pages. However some will accept an electronic copy off your phone. Those would be your champions. 

Archived