Paradise

Tom Banjo

I think Cosmic Charlie was the actual encore, not just filler.

This was the first time I knew which date it was prior to the announcement.

It's one of \emph{the} shows that got me into this band - I've listened to it countless times, and to finally be able to experience it in person was just magical.

These guys are the real deal.

The venue and community there just feels so comfy and friendly too - I hope they keep doing this one.

• Like (+1) 1
13 hours ago, sml said:

I think Cosmic Charlie was the actual encore, not just filler.

This was the first time I knew which date it was prior to the announcement.

It's one of \emph{the} shows that got me into this band - I've listened to it countless times, and to finally be able to experience it in person was just magical.

These guys are the real deal.

The venue and community there just feels so comfy and friendly too - I hope they keep doing this one.

...sandwiches afterwards in the yellow submarine?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Since 2/11/69 isn’t available online, I listened to 2/12/69 instead. I found these notes interesting and thought I’d share the evidence of our resident music detective. 

The Dead were on the playbill along with Janis Joplin and the Kosmic Blues band. Here is a link to discussion of that transitional period for her and the music  played on 2/12/69 http://www.concertvault.com/janis-joplin/fillmore-east-february-12-1969.html

Archive notes 

Dupree's Diamond Blues, Mountains Of The Moon, Dark Star-> Saint Stephen-> The Eleven-> Death Don't Have No Mercy, Alligator-> Drums-> Alligator*-> Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)

Notes

* - 11:29 minutes of the Alligator Jam > Caution segment were missing from the previously seeded version of this show and have been patched into the current version from an alternate partial SBD source containing the Alligator ====> Feedback segment and bearing the same lineage + one cassette gen. The corresponding Feedback segment of the alternate SBD source is also missing approximately 2:00 minutes of Feedback that are actually present in the current version before any patching from the alternate SBD source. The current version would then appear to contain the complete Alligator ====> Feedback segment of the show for a total timing of 28:54.  

The disc picks up with the last 04:59 of Dark Star. If Deadbase XI is accurate, this disc is missing Dupree's, Mountains of the Moon and the better part of Dark Star.Total disc time prior to patching in the missing 11:29 from the alternate SBD source is 57:03. Total time per Deadlists and Eaton's list is 84:00. If the Eaton version is missing the 11:29 minutes of the Alligator Jam > Caution patched from the alternate SBD source, this could logically account for the resulting 27 minute time difference.

and another link http://deadsources.blogspot.com/2017/10/february-12-1969-fillmore-east.html?m=1