Dead and co has lost their mind

Rude

It's hard because my wife and son go to see Dead & Co. I absolutely refuse to do so. I bust on them all the time about JM. He may be a decent guitar player, but he brings a generation to the music that bugs me. Not to say younger people cannot like Dead music, but I feel many are joining the band wagon just like what happened after Touch of Grey hit the pop radio stations. They ruined it for fans and they ruined it for Jerry. When Jerry passed away, I couldn't bring myself to go to shows. For me, it would just never be the same. I rather see DSO anytime. 

• Forum MVP

I went through all the stages of grief with the forming of deadco. I’m finally to acceptance stage. I still bitch about tempo but they are what they are. More possible music to hear. Dso doesn’t play enough-only 120 shows a year or so :P  deadco has shows near me in those down times so it’s all just gravy to me now. Mayer is there and it’s not gonna change. I’m selling my alpine tix to see Dso west coast. Then I’m picking up deadco at shoreline before going to dark star redrocks. Deadco gives me filler shows in that period. Of course deadco isn’t a good thing for the Dso guys but that happens in business. We all have to deal with new competitors in the market. DSO has just seemed to up their level even further in the last 3 years to provide as elite a product as they can. Deadco is more of a spectacle to me. It’s like a reunion. It’s fun to do 5-6 times a year. But Dso is the only band who tours enough with elite playing to get most of my business. I was watching deadco couch tour from Florida on periscope. I was bitching about the slow tempo. Someone told me to get over it. This is the new tempo. I guess I’m not completely to acceptance stage yet except when I go to a show live. 

My philosophy and I now tell people I meet this same thing at shows, is see as many dead type shows as possible and add 1 show to what you plan on doing. If u have a show schedule, fit 1 more show on to it. Either drive to see a bar band, Dso or deadco but add just 1 show to what you have planned. Live music will heal your soul and it’s great exercise. 

Glad you joined the board. Keep coming back :)

• Forum MVP
On 3/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, Gratefullylaxin said:

It's hard because my wife and son go to see Dead & Co. I absolutely refuse to do so. I bust on them all the time about JM. He may be a decent guitar player, but he brings a generation to the music that bugs me. Not to say younger people cannot like Dead music, but I feel many are joining the band wagon just like what happened after Touch of Grey hit the pop radio stations. They ruined it for fans and they ruined it for Jerry. When Jerry passed away, I couldn't bring myself to go to shows. For me, it would just never be the same. I rather see DSO anytime. 

I respect your transparency.

It does read as if you are cool with others liking the music, but only conditionally.

And that I cannot abide.  :-)

On 2/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, PoetryGirl said:

The 19 min Birdsong from Mexico is divine. Talking guitar,. 😆 Up on nugs.net. Listening for 60 day free trial. I’ve listened to it 6 times since Sunday. 

i can't find anything on this site.   PG,  if you have the link or path i would love so listen.  

Archived