Spring Tour

sgrmag2564

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Now it is the time to get serious about health. I’ve been thinking we need some tour advisory service. 

Chondroitin Sulfate daily for joint health, supplemental collagen, turmeric anti inflammatory preparation. Nettle infusion to fight adrenal burnout. This is a good start

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Ouch! Gotta love this aging gig. I recently discovered that I am getting older by the minute,,without a doubt.

Freaked me out when the wheels seemed to come off all at once.  Being a bit more gentle with myself has helped a ton - I am a Delicate Flower after all.

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

It was 25. Today I’d say 55. The worst thing is I’m grinding my right foot by putting all my weight on it. I’ve also banged my good foot 2-3x and almost sprained my wrist as my crutches got caught and I fell over. Maybe this is a life lesson about balance. Week of tour and week of recovery sitting at my desk isn’t balance. It’s intensity then sloth. Need an exercise bike for low joint strain exercise. Thru hiking the AT in 2005 deteriorated my knee cartilage. Took 6 months for that recovery. 2100 Miles in 6 months with pack on my back started the aging. I’ve never really pondered the abuse on my body. Basketball throughout my teens and 20s the thru hike then tour. I thought I was indestructible. Being skinny helps but hopping to the high hat beat takes its toll. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Rude said:

Today I’d say 55-  hopping to the high hat beat takes its toll. 

Thanks Rudy for making me feel young. Older than you chronologically, I feel lucky since I won our dance off in Charlotte that time (by a mile or two) and happy that my technique serves me well thus far. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Rude said:

It was 25. Today I’d say 55. The worst thing is I’m grinding my right foot by putting all my weight on it. I’ve also banged my good foot 2-3x and almost sprained my wrist as my crutches got caught and I fell over. Maybe this is a life lesson about balance. Week of tour and week of recovery sitting at my desk isn’t balance. It’s intensity then sloth. Need an exercise bike for low joint strain exercise. Thru hiking the AT in 2005 deteriorated my knee cartilage. Took 6 months for that recovery. 2100 Miles in 6 months with pack on my back started the aging. I’ve never really pondered the abuse on my body. Basketball throughout my teens and 20s the thru hike then tour. I thought I was indestructible. Being skinny helps but hopping to the high hat beat takes its toll. 

Geez I leave you seemingly well half time in chi town and didn't see no crutches.

Bopping on uneven and or treacherous surfaces can't help. Sort of like being required to carry O2 and going to see DSO...For years...every show!

• Forum MVP

Rude, take it easy. Be patient and let your body heal itself. I wankeled my ankle in a car accident 31years ago. I got off my crutches early after slipping on a wet barroom floor, putting all my weight on the bad ankle and not feeling any pain. Rookie move. My ankle hurts ALL the time. I use it to predict rainy weather. It’s amazing how high you can raise your threshold of pain. You will dance again. Trust me. I start with the first note and don’t stop until the last note of the show. My way of proving to myself that I still got it after such a long, strange trip. It makes me feel younger than my actual age, which is old and in the way.

• Forum MVP
On 3/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, PoetryGirl said:

Now it is the time to get serious about health. I’ve been thinking we need some tour advisory service. 

Chondroitin Sulfate daily for joint health, supplemental collagen, turmeric anti inflammatory preparation. Nettle infusion to fight adrenal burnout. This is a good start

So.... I gained weight ON TOUR (impossibible with my skinny ass) with the following diet: health force brand mixed (green, earth and one other) power shake in water or coconut water as one meal, a real meal as the other and a beer or 2 per day. I only stopped carrying the shake mixes when they got too heavy for my hitch hiking back pack. Kept me healthy for years. The earth mix is great as a miso soup in hot water, too. We used to have vitamin C heart shaped supplements I handed out at setbreak cause oranges are harder to smuggle into the show than pills.... lmao.

i miss making food for hippies.  We did butcher a whole cow w his kid and our crew near Asheville a lil over a month ago and that was rad. But I miss rice and lentils and tumeric!!!  I use beer and Krispy Kreme's to keep my weight right now and it's tough. I hate when I go pancake boob and sag ass. Grrrrrr. Been living off mcdonalds and the occasional Chinese buffet lately bc we don't have a van anymore....

btw, Jesse can't drive right now so he got me a $500 '96 Mercedes benz. My friends live on porches but I made amends. Played hard all my life, thanks to my friends, so Lord, I wanna thank you for my Mercedes benz ;) 

kiss kiss

• Forum MVP

Sorry I can't hit some others on this SE swing but I'm happy to have Charlotte > Raleigh > Wilmington.  Looking forward to some much-needed DSO lightning and other associated foolishness.   

• Forum MVP
11 minutes ago, Tea said:

Sorry I can't hit some others on this SE swing but I'm happy to have Charlotte > Raleigh > Wilmington.  Looking forward to some much-needed DSO lightning and other associated foolishness.   

Tea, are you confirmed for Jubilee?

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Tea, are you confirmed for Jubilee?

Praise DSO.

giphy.gif

Not looking so good.  If I go, I won't know until close to go-time....

In other news:  I saw this and got a chuckle:

giphy.gif

I went to Charlottesville and was out in the causeway doing a table and the friend I was with looked at me when they opened and said- That's a Jerry Garcia band song! I ended up going to Baltimore and I'm laying in a hotel in Rocky mount. Told my kid, we're going on an adventure. 

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Billy706 said:

I went to Charlottesville and was out in the causeway doing a table and the friend I was with looked at me when they opened and said- That's a Jerry Garcia band song! I ended up going to Baltimore and I'm laying in a hotel in Rocky mount. Told my kid, we're going on an adventure. 

Love it. Enjoy the road and the shows. 👍👍

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Billy706 said:

I did way to much. I went to wrong Rocky mount.

So you aren’t in Virginia? Lol. That sounds like a funny story. Decided to follow a band for a while and went to the wrong city. 

1 hour ago, Rude said:

So you aren’t in Virginia? Lol. That sounds like a funny story. Decided to follow a band for a while and went to the wrong city. 

I know. Lol. Awesome. Good thing I brought my daughter. We're still enjoying the ride. This area of NC is really nice. 

Archived