Drums >

Space

King Solomon's Marbles

Hey Jude >

Playin' Reprise

Attics Of My Life

Around And Around

E: Day Tripper

Before returning, Shakedown broke into the jam they do in the early 70s Greatest Stories which was super cool.  (If this one has a name, someone let me know.)

Chad Wackerman sat in on drums for at least Playin' and Drums, possibly more.

Attics had Jeff, Eaton, and Lisa singing.

The first HOB I've been to that wasn't awful - It sounded great and had plenty of room and places to dance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Good query, Scotty.

I don't think there is a name, not one I've heard- I think it's just part of the song.

The progression goes C Bb F C

This would fit perfectly into the shakedown jam. Forgive me bc my music speak is less than my ability to play but in Shakedown they are jamming over the C7 chord (key of F?). Naturally it would flow.

Thanks, I'm taking this opportunity to learn GSET a little better

I had a great time last night.  Venue was perfect for the size of crowd - plenty of space all around.  Much more open floor than the old HOB.

Show was pure fire and fun.  Awesome elective set list with one great song choice after another.  Jack Straw hit those big notes hard and you knew they were on.

Always love to hear 4th street and they seem to play it with just enough frequency. 

I missed hearing Little Light from the G.Dead and other than a Phil show in 1999 I think this may have been my first.  Love the song and they put some awesome slightly spacey touches on it.

I was ready for some jamming and Bird Song hit the spot.  Big OtherOne-ish jam in there, but most BirdSongs have it.

Shakedown got the 2nd set off to a groovy start.  I heard that same 70s theme jam as mention above  I don't think it was 'tighten up' (from 70s Dancin') but could be...

The rest of predrums had plenty of space for jamming and dancing.

Post drums while not as mesmerizing as earlier parts still was great and the song choices again were superb.  

Played right up to the midnight curfew.

This show was everything I wanted and needed and MORE.

Another superb mid-week OC show :)

Can't wait for Saban and San Diego!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Glad y’all got the electric set. I had heard the equipment was hemmed up tight in Tahoe and might not make it there. Way to go, team DSO!! 

“Have faith in in your dreams and someday, 

your rainbow will come smiling through....

no matter how your heart is grieving,  if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true. “