Bobby And Phil

XChemistry

Was down stairs working out on my treadmill. I decided to youtube Phil and Bobby and I started listening to 3.3.18 with Trey. Oh my God. I suggest a surround sound system if you have it. Most incredible I shall say. a complete Masterpiece. Phil is so outstanding He brought tears to my eyes. Trey is King and Bobby is amazing.

This is a whole second set in HD. Dark Star>Jack Straw>Eyes>Dark Star is Unbelievable. Saint Stephen will blow your mind and Viola Lee is mastered. To me this show is why I love Grateful Dead Music. I am not always easily entertained. To watch Phil on this clip is for me signifies the  Long Strange trip most of us have been on since the 70's. What a complete treat from Bobby, Phil, and Trey.   

FlyAwayTooNight,

XChemistry

Watched the Friday show from 3/2 last night and thought it was very good. Gonna try to catch the Trey sets tonight and then grab a stream from Boston if possible. Was preparing dinner during Hard Rain, so kinda missed it. Gonna go back and revisit that one fer sure!!

:dsorocks:

Edit: Just checked tix for tonight. They're available.....159.00 + fees. :huh:

• Forum MVP

On the whole I thought this was very up and down, not unlike any post Garcia work by the original members.  It was, however, beautifully unique.

I found 2 things to really like about this:

(1) the intimate camera work.  I'm not so sure how it would have worked for folks in the balcony even at the relatively small room like Radio City.  But the tight HD video work brings it to life.

(2) Eyes of the world being played with Phil's mic silent.  Wow what a breath of fresh air.

• Forum MVP

Took a chance and from all reviews happy I did.

Both nights Chicago for me. Great fill until DSO returns to my time zone.

After Jerry passed and a couple of years went by I saw quite a few Phil and friends not so many Ratdogs. The whole Jilll dramas aside I am a believer if Phil is playing it's worth the listen. 

Archived