Mattson, Barraco and Friends, 3/9/18, The Acoustic, Bridgeport, CT

Hardpan

What a spectacular night of music. I went in with no expectations, as a way to break up the winter and see some of my favorite musicians before the spring northeast run. They played a few Dead songs, being Mason's Children, Scarlet Begonias, Bird Song, Not Fade Away. Perhaps one I'm forgetting.

The rest of the material was originals and covers, all of which I was completely unfamiliar with. Jerry band song which was never played live. A song DSO wrote with Robert Hunter. Another one Jeff wrote with Donna Godchaux. Another that Phil Lesh recorded.  

This was one if the finest times I have ever had seeing live music. I haven't been out to see any live music since DSO on Long Island in November, and they say that "hunger cooks a good sauce". There were times at the end of songs that my tongue was literally out of my mouth and I was about to keel over, heart pounding out of my chest from dancing and enjoyment. Again, most of the material was completely unfamiliar to me and the band absolutely nailed all of it, nothing short of top notch musicianship. Do not hesitate for an instant to see this band if you get the chance to do so.

• Like (+1) 6

SET 1

Sleepwalking

Heart of Mine

Run Mary

Mason’s Children

@ These Lazy Blues

@ No Depression in Heaven

@ Jet Plane in a Rocking Chair

@ Golden Heart

Scarlet Begonias

Goin’ Down Slow> A Sailor’s Life> Leave Me Out of This

SET 2

Body Parts (The Anatomy of a Breakup)

Suite at the Mission

He Said She Said

Time to Kill

@ Midnight Getaway

@ That’s All

@ Bird Song> @ All Things Must Pass

High Horse 

Moonlight Mile

Not Fade Away> Arise

ENCORE: 19th Nervous Breakdown

@=acoustic

If you missed this show I’m sorry it was amazing.

Edited by Joey Bagadonuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
6 hours ago, Joey Bagadonuts said:

It’s maybe double the size with a balcony.  It’s a stone church built in the 1880’s with high cathedral ceilings and amazing hand painted stained glass.  It has a top of the line PA and full bar.  

Thanks, sounds pretty nice. Might have to make the trip up there. Really enjoyed this band. 👀