Moonlight Mile

He Said She Said> The Other One>

A Prisoner Says His Piece

ENCORE: Needle and Thread

@=acoustic 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

Run Mary Run - Spiritual? (DSO Original; Music: Barraco, Eaton, English, Koritz, Mackey, Mattson, Rosen; Words: Robert Hunter)

Golden Hour- ? Matt Knoepler

he said she said- Arthur Lee? (Donna Jean & The Tricksters Original; Words & Music: Donna Jean Godchaux)

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Rbarracoph said:

Golden heart

Okay, I see that. I was looking up a lot of those songs that day before work.  :blink:

I found albums from 1996, 1999 and 2003 on Spotify with a lot of the music from that night discovered there. Really enjoyed "Say that I Am"- that spiraling intro :wub:- and remembered Lisa singing "Silver Spoon" from Jubilee this part year. Checked the Donna Jean and the Tricksters album listing on Wiki and still no "Golden Heart". Is that a recent original?

• Forum MVP
On 3/18/2018 at 6:56 PM, Blindman said:

Rob, would you please consider blending Valley Road into a setlist down the road?   Think you would sound solid on it. :)

Got valley road in Cleveland for the 1st time. The gf said what song is this?  I’m like Bruce Hornsby song. She’s like who’s he.  I played the Way it is in the car and it even confused her more wondering why he played with the dead. I’m like don’t u remember dead 50. The keyboards turned so low you couldn’t hear them. That was him lol. The purpose of the lesson was we all gotta make money and he found his. Gotta appeal to the masses at times to pay the bills. 

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Rude said:

Got valley road in Cleveland for the 1st time. The gf said what song is this?  I’m like Bruce Hornsby song. She’s like who’s he.  I played the Way it is in the car and it even confused her more wondering why he played with the dead. I’m like don’t u remember dead 50. The keyboards turned so low you couldn’t hear them. That was him lol. The purpose of the lesson was we all gotta make money and he found his. Gotta appeal to the masses at times to pay the bills. 

As I typically qualify such dialogue:  “I wasn’t in the room...”, but I bet that Hornsby was a part of the band because Jerry liked him and much more importantly because of the way that he interacted musically with their songs on both baby grand as well as the accordion a helluva lot more than because of some desire to appeal to some “masses” that you mention.

• Forum MVP

Valley Road got a little play I think.  I saw them do it at Compton Terrace and then again in Denver a few nites later - they seemed to frolic in it!

I loved the way Hornsby goosed Jerry - he made a big difference!  It was enough to overlook that damn squeeze box on a few songs where it clearly did not belong...