Spring Dso Jerry band song ideas

Rude

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, btown said:

I am doing Baltimore and DC and would love to hear Keepers, what are your thoughts on Rob Barraco on that?  I think he would do it justice with the heavy organ.  Also, One Kind Favor and Think.  

I think Keepers would be killer. Came back to this thread to add that song to the fantasy list. I think Baracco would sound great on it, and it would be a treat to hear him have a heftier place in the mix. Magnificent Sanctuary Band would be lovely, as well. 

3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Oh, yea! Mid nite moonlight. How about an elective show that could be grateful dead Jerry tunes?

That would be cool, too. They played a show this past fall in Peekskill where Rob Eaton had some laryngitis or something, and only sang on Jack Straw and Playin. Was supposed to be a 1990 show, and wound up being all Jerry and Brent tunes, along with Lisa crushing Hurts Me Too 😍, besides the two Eaton sang on. 

The previous night, the 20th anniversary show on 11/11, was also heavy on Jerry tunes, with Eaton only singing lead on TMNS, Cassidy, WRS, and OMSN. Skip singing Box of Rain and Barraco Lovelight, the rest being Jerry tunes. They could certainly pull off a similar elective if they wanted to, albeit without that crucial rhythm guitar playing. 

• Forum MVP

Hey, WWJD? What would Jerry do? He was always pulling a rabbit out of the hat, blowing us away. (Likewise,DSO) oh, yea! I forgot about that tune! I actually got out of bed last night to post that. Trying to fall asleep and had that tune move to the front of my head.

• Forum MVP

I’d love a full Jerry merl setlist from 73 but that would require Dso to play 10songs they have never done and in 1 show. Way too much to ask.  Something like this would wet my whistle and I don’t even know a few of these 

1. Set 1:
  2. Play Video
  3. (Merl Saunders cover)
    Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. (Chuck Willis cover)
    Play Video
  6. (Merl Saunders cover)
    Play Video
  7. (The Band cover)
    Play Video
  8. Set 2:
  9. (Jimmy Cliff cover)
    Play Video
  10. (Jimmy McCracklin cover)
    Play Video
  11. (Merl Saunders cover)
    Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. (Rodgers & Hart cover)
    Play Video
  14. (Freddie Scott cover)
    Play Video
  15. (Marvin Gaye cover)

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Rude said:

I’d love a full Jerry merl setlist from 73 but that would require Dso to play 10songs they have never done and in 1 show. Way too much to ask.  Something like this would wet my whistle and I don’t even know a few of these 

1. Set 1:
  2. Play Video
  3. (Merl Saunders cover)
    Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. (Chuck Willis cover)
    Play Video
  6. (Merl Saunders cover)
    Play Video
  7. (The Band cover)
    Play Video
  8. Set 2:
  9. (Jimmy Cliff cover)
    Play Video
  10. (Jimmy McCracklin cover)
    Play Video
  11. (Merl Saunders cover)
    Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. (Rodgers & Hart cover)
    Play Video
  14. (Freddie Scott cover)
    Play Video
  15. (Marvin Gaye cover)

I'm not sure I'd want to hear Play Video that many times. I mean, killer tune and all but 

• Forum MVP

The Jerry Band shows I caught in the late eighties, early nineties are stilly favorites of all I was fortunate enough to see. ( of course, getting snuck into Radio City to see one of the fifteenth anniversary acoustic shows holds first place. My second show. ) I have seen Dark Star since last summer. I'm Just as excited and looking forward to Baltimore as I was thirty seven years ago. I hope this song, it ain't never gonna end.

• Forum MVP

Midnight Moonlight

Senor

Simple Twist

Harder They Come

Waiting for a Miracle

Russian Lullaby

Gomorrah

Rubin + Cherise

Tangled

Let’s Spend the Night Together

Mission in the Rain

Lonesome + a Long Way

Dear Prudence 

Cats Down

Lucky Old Sun

Second That Emotion

Forever Young

E:  Expressway > Don’t Let Go

• Forum MVP

Chestertown, I grieve for you that you haven't seen DSO do almost all that you have requested! My first 3 DSO shows (feb 2009 first- they played stop that train after a classic 80s Alabama getaway into GSET) were all electives so I didn't learn about the Dead live and archive for ages- literally after I started touring them!!! But since, I have had to learn the diff bw Dead and Jerry band by listening to them on tape bc DSO has always done so much Jerry Band in their electives. 

I can go without the she belongs to me but hey- different strokes shit.

grateful for the Russian lullabies bc I imagine Joseph in the front row in heaven forever ;) and get to hug a chuck and mango for these and eyes so often ;)

I am grateful for the shining star. and the missions done Dead style (that June '76 is dreamland shit!) and the love in the afternoon just bf I ran off to Hawaii to avoid the 50th thing. Their waiting for a miracle has stolen my face many times- deeply. 

That time Jeff did forever young encore just for me when he first started and a bunch of people talked shit but I still did 30 shows standing at his feet (30 at johns feet in Furthur too and y'all know where this unicorn calls home!) cause he got me like that. The catfish johns and the midnite moonlights and the don't let Go's and the tangleds and the cherises.... these all get me through. Their prudence is beyond compare....

wait- do they do let's spend the night together? Cause um..... that's def a fucking need in my life- good suggestion, I need you more than ever!!!! Lol

and thanks for delivering who was John all those years ago like you were reading our mail ;) and again at The Best Show Ever that clued me into it even being an elective (tricky musicians!) and also, that night, doing a rare Dead world to give (have gotten 2 from DSO and holy mother Jerry THAT is some special shit!)

but:

My requests come from what I haven't seen em do cause I don't think they do em, yet. I been hollering and heckling the Let me Roll it for a few years now and the Lucky Ol Sun is a secret burning desire. Also the Jerry instead of Dead Bobby masterpiece would be a hilarious and lovely twist.

gimme gimme gimme! Please please please! Southern tour is sooooo close...... *doing anxious pee dance*

kiss kiss

Archived