Summer Tour Dates Up!!!!

Hardpan

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Rude said:

I’m so pumped for summer tour. Getting more excited by the day. This will be my summer of love lol.  Plus it’s the last year I can do a big run like this. Normal life begins after this tour. Gf will get a social work job that will give crap vacation. Last hurrah for something like this.....maybe 😂

and greg am I only gonna see u at jubilee or are you doing anything else besides northeast 

I don’t even know you and I don’t believe a word of this. ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Nothing in my timezone except for Jubilee (going)) and Birmingham (unlikely)...will be one of the longest stretches sans DSO by the time end of May comes round.

But I have learned...goes to show you don't ever know

• Forum MVP
On 3/14/2018 at 1:39 PM, Hardpan said:

Yuk, Sounds tough, but I'll probably still go. Do you remember at all the parking situation there? Plan on sleeping in my vehicle, but it doesn't sound like the friendliest town for doing that.

I went to Dewey planning sleeping in my truck.  1st night.  I slept in my truck. 

Tried to leave before second night.  I met a cool cat.  He got a permit for street parking.  As parking sucks.  

He parked it in the lot.  It was a three. Bed RV.  

Shows are rocking like that.  You never know what happens, but it always seems to turn out like it does in most songs.  Good times for sure.

However, I see life through glasses.  Shows are expensive to travel too,and I have done my fair share of travel.  

If I lived closer with in 2 hours of Dewey. I would go, with out doubts.  But I don't...so I won't.  

Enjoy the music, it's really all about getting that music that makes me smile!!

• Forum MVP
On 3/14/2018 at 2:37 PM, Mojo Hand said:

I know there are negatives with Dewey....all mentioned and all valid.

However........there are a couple things I LOVE about Dewey. 

It's a nice beach day if you choose to make that part of your trip.

The hotels are all within a couple block walking distance. 

I am a smoker (not cigarettes).  The venue allows for exit and re-entry.  It is one of my favorite venues since I can take a 2 minute walk back to the hotel room, have a relaxing smoke without worrying about anyone hassling me....and a short walk back before the set break is close to over. 

I am also a drinker.....the close hotel room makes drinking and driving a non-issue.

I have been with some great groups of people who really danced hard at Dewey.  It can be tight at times, but I have usually been able to carve out some space.  The tough thing about Dewey is that you do get a "vacationer" crowd mixed in with the heads.  It is tough to tune out the talking during the ballads.......which is often the case at any arena.

My compliments to you Mojo, I prefer the words of fun and positive.

I prefer your take of Dewey over my own words and experience, and am thankful you chimed in to show the brighter side, and all of what can be!!

• Forum MVP

I’ve wanted to do Dewey for a while but it’s a haul and it’s never worked for me with connectors and schedule. The weekend before black mountain last year made it unworkable for me. But 2 days on the beach sounds fun. 

On 3/17/2018 at 11:59 AM, Solid Aging Hippie said:

Anybody know when Asheville, NC might be scheduled?? Thanks!

Looking for specific dates for Asheville, NC please and ticket sale dates?  And will ticket sales for that show be offered publicly or only through the fan club? Details please please like name of venue, etc. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Looks like my 50th show will be Atlanta. ;-D

Cool.  I’ll need someone to lean on(sung like let it bleed). Gonna have u guys take turns holding me up now that I’m temporarily disabled. Start hitting the weights because u and the hubby will have to share my weight. Can’t make gr8fulpair and his bro carry me more than 1 set. With 4 it will be easy to carry me to the car. 2 under armpits and 2 under the knees. 

Only issue is when the music starts I can’t control my movement. How will I reign myself in. I overdid it with the flu because I couldn’t slow down. It’s like bobby Huggins tells his recruits. You better really love basketball or you won’t like our style of hoops pressing nonstop. I’m like one of his players. I’ll press until I drop on the Grateful Dead court. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Solid Aging Hippie said:

Looking for specific dates for Asheville, NC please and ticket sale dates?  And will ticket sales for that show be offered publicly or only through the fan club? Details please please like name of venue, etc. 

“Fan club” is a small allotment of tix that gives more money to the band and saves us money vs large Ticketmaster fees if the venue will allow them but the vast majority of tix are through venue/ticket company. Summer is usually black mountain NC at pisgah brewing outside Asheville 15 minutes, but hasn’t been announced yet but Facebook says more to be announced and someone said tour they generally don’t finish tour on a weekday and last scheduled show is early week, so there’s still hope and no bands show on Pisgah website for the weekend after last scheduled show. Of course this is all detective work and have heard nothing definitive. 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Solid Aging Hippie said:

04/10/18  THE ORANGE PEEL  ASHEVILLE, NC

fan club tickets available

SPRING TOUR

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered that there is a campground around 3.5 miles from Bottle and Cork in Dewey Beach, called Delaware Seashore State Park. Only about an hour walk from the venue, or an easy bike ride or uber to and from.  35 bucks a night for a tent site. Looks like this will be the route I'm going to go. If anyone wants to split a campsite, please let me know. 

• Forum MVP

Book early.

Driven past, never stayed, looks nice.

As an attendee of more than a handful

of Bottle and Cork shows, I can confirm

it is a dive, although since they took out

the foozball tables there is a little open

area Jerry's side back. DSO frequently

kills it there.  Worth the trip.

Praise DSO.

1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Traffic in Dewey, etc. can be crazy. Allow for it. There's only enough room for one drum set at the cork, so typically they do an early era show and then an elective set the second night. Double the fun!

2 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Book early.

Driven past, never stayed, looks nice.

As an attendee of more than a handful

of Bottle and Cork shows, I can confirm

it is a dive, although since they took out

the foozball tables there is a little open

area Jerry's side back. DSO frequently

kills it there.  Worth the trip.

Praise DSO.

Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to checking the place out. I'll get down there early. My reasonable driving distance  to see the band has increased, so it's looking like a nice amount of shows I'll be able to hit this summer. Two in Hampton with family beach time during the day (wedding anniversary on night two, didn't push it at all, but wifey made the suggestion), Rochester, Jay, Providence, Stone Pony and two in Dewey. Can't wait!!!!

Dewey gets a bad rap, I am guessing more so from earlier DSO tours? My wife and I have been the past 4-5 years and although I am not a big fan of Dewey, per se, I do love being able to spend the day on the beach and my evenings getting down to DSO! We stay in Fenwick or Cape Henlopen.  Get there early and look out for parking signs, they will certainly ticket you.  Uber, cab, walk, bike, etc. Good food all around the area.  Cool bayside sunset views if you walk down the street just to the south of the B&C. Last year was gorgeous!

Cape Henlopen State Park is a bit further north near Lewes. I took an Uber home last year night 2 and it was about $25 if I recall correctly.  It was foggy as heck and I didn’t think the driver would get us all the way there but he was awesome!

Someone mentioned only having Bud Light, they now have a decent beer selection. If you are a scratch drinker, like my dad, you will be disappointed. Last year I took my parents night one, first Dead related show for both!  No scotch was a bummer for him, but he was turned on to Makers Mark!  

See you good people there!

Archived