Summer Tour Dates Up!!!!

Hardpan

11 hours ago, John A said:

btown,

Bourbon not only provides an acceptable substitute for scotch, as rude will undoubtedly agree with me it's worlds more interesting.  I hope that your parents enjoyed the show!

John, they loved it.  My mom had always wanted to go to see the Grateful Dead with us, but I was young and knew I would not be a good host!  Anyway, it was great to get them out and grooving to the music!  

I agree with the bourbon thoughts, scotch is nauseating to me.  He’s 72 so I cannot argue with his taste!  I hope to get them out to another show this year.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Jubilee, Red Rocks, Black Mountain...will be quite the trifecta after an annoying hiatus from DSO cause there was no Midwest this year so far.

Assuming fall dates for further fun in these parts so I can keep my yearly average.

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

Jubilee, Red Rocks, Black Mountain...will be quite the trifecta after an annoying hiatus from DSO cause there was no Midwest this year so far.

Assuming fall dates for further fun in these parts so I can keep my yearly average.

I’d bet the bank that there will Be fall Midwest. I don’t see Dso going 18 months without a Chicago show and I think 9/2017 was last one there. Evansville would be fun for a nice up and back. LocAl shows like St. Louis, Louisville, Evansville and Nashville are always fun to be able to sleep in my own bed after.  That Evansville theater had great sound and solid attendance considering the last second venue change. I’d bet they come back there within the next year or so. You need to get the word out with you being an elder and all in the dead community ;)  

• Forum MVP

Might as well. I have no sense of my next show. I'm hopeful for the run of Sacramento and Berkeley. Red rocks is doubtful. But happy to report that I'm doing the only thing in the world that can replace it...Playing music! Stoked to see Cali Kind tomorrow in the applegate.

Black Mountain in birthday weekend again....I'd like to make it but part of embracing my life as a musician is embracing poverty.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Mango said:

Might as well. I have no sense of my next show. I'm hopeful for the run of Sacramento and Berkeley. Red rocks is doubtful. But happy to report that I'm doing the only thing in the world that can replace it...Playing music! Stoked to see Cali Kind tomorrow in the applegate.

Black Mountain in birthday weekend again....I'd like to make it but part of embracing my life as a musician is embracing poverty.

As a rising musician you need to find a sugar mama groupie who wants to jet set you around the country. 

I love DSO at Dewey.  Summer ritual for me.  Drive down from NY on Monday, park, and no need to drive again until Wednesday.  Great runs / bikes up and down Rt.1 along the beaches, lil' bit of surfcasting for kingfish and spot, and there are bars and food everywhere.  Something I look forward to every year.  Band sure doesn't seem disappointed when the place is on fire and they've pushed out some killer sets.

Can def see others point of view re the clampdown around the venue (ie. jaywalking patrol) and the local hotel costs.  All valid.  For me, I split a room with one or two others, suck it up, and call it 'summer vacation'.

On 4/20/2018 at 6:19 PM, Rude said:

I’d bet the bank that there will Be fall Midwest. I don’t see Dso going 18 months without a Chicago show and I think 9/2017 was last one there. Evansville would be fun for a nice up and back. LocAl shows like St. Louis, Louisville, Evansville and Nashville are always fun to be able to sleep in my own bed after.  That Evansville theater had great sound and solid attendance considering the last second venue change. I’d bet they come back there within the next year or so. You need to get the word out with you being an elder and all in the dead community ;)  

The only thing I didn't like about Evansville was not letting us outside during the setbreak. Other than that: great show, bar next door, sound was good, and they let us dance.

• Forum MVP

Not sure about camping but I can find out. I only did Delaware beaches a few times back in the day as my parents had a house in Ocean City, n. J. It's really built up down there anymore. Not as built up inland around Rehobeth bay. Check out the state parks. A lot of Native American history in that area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Booked the Super 8 for Black mountain.  Note that calling the direct reservation line is $20 less than booking through a travel site

(828) 357-4150 $172 with tax for both nights(had to verify Id get a smoking room as online didnt guarantee one so got lucky saving cash).  This hotel sells out every year and the price goes up as it gets full.  Just giving a heads up.  Best hotel in Black Mountain by far and they DGAF.  They let us hang out all night and don't hassle us.  Wish every tour stop had a hotel like this.  Plus they have smoking rooms.

I got a camp site at Delaware Seashore state park for Dewey. Should be good, looking forward to it. It's six miles from the venue. Gonna bring a bike or perhaps uber it if I'm feeling lazy. Says no camping in vehicles, which is strange, as they allow truck campers. Gonna bring my ole trusty backpacking tent If I need a decoy so I can sleep in the truck without suspicion. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So ready to be out of this 100 heat index weather. It sucks. Looks like only Sacramento is even close to rivaling the brutality of mid 90s and high humidity here. Bring on sandiego low 70s!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived