Bad acid trip

John A

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, John A said:

Generally when in conjunction with an LSD experience you read the words "while naked and covered in feces" things have not gone well.

I guess not.  

I've had a few psychic meltdowns but I've managed to stay mostly clothed and free of the fecal coat.  Sometimes you end up with much more than you bargained for

14334433_297945303920531_708460149022392 

Just chiming in, i remember taking doses at shows back in the 80's and yes they were fun but i wish i could of experienced the kind of trips the band were experiencing back then because by the time i was doing it the journey wasn't anything like what i had read about. One other thing is i hadn't dosed since around 90-91 and about a month ago the opportunity arose and i went to a stu allen show in Berkeley and I'm not sure why but i had the most uncomfortable time i ever thought possible, i didn't end up covered in feces or naked but i assure you that I'll just stick too herb and brew

• Forum MVP

The first time for me, which was between my first and second Dead shows. Some dude and I split the crumbs from a bag that had 200 micro dots in it. We divided it up on the hood of George Thorogoods’ car. ( Ford Granada, this was before he got his first check)  By the next night, still going strong, I walked into a surprise birthday party for me. WOW !!! True story. 

• Forum MVP

I had an almost 15y hiatus before jumping back into the pond.  When I did, I kicked myself for waiting so long.  I found the perfect companions in the perfect environment and it was just beautiful ego destruction.  For a few minutes there, the curtain was pulled all the way back and I got answers to many questions - some of which I don’t remember asking - lol!

• Forum MVP

I’m a true believer in the stuff. Never ended up covered in feces though but then again every time I ask her to shit on me she says I’m too weird. She’s not into that. Not even with suran wrap. 

Some of the greatest beauty and most certainly the greatest growth is found in the uncomfortable for me. The few so called bad trips ive had. Those that pushed me away from people and into the darkest places of my heart and soul were also the most revelatory. 

I spent hours trippng and crying in the shower I found my dad dead in. Definitely one of the most uncomfortable cathartic experiences of my life. 

The psychedelic experience has been essential to how I have developed as a person. For better or for worse, I’m enjoying the ride. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I’m a true believer in the stuff. Never ended up covered in feces though but then again every time I ask her to shit on me she says I’m too weird. She’s not into that. Not even with suran wrap.

I believe that would be called a "Hot Carl" and I'm not sure why I'm willing to publicly admit knowledge of said term. :o

• Forum MVP

I learned to drop at the end of the first set to let it start at the beginning of the second set avoiding the long set break and lead into an enjoyable after show parking lot scene. Half way through the 86 Berkeley shows, I stopped getting so high at shows, because the music meant too much and I'd waited too long, driven too many miles to be too wasted while Jerry and the band created. 

• Forum MVP

Cars are real. Water is wet. Fire is hot. If you think you can fly, start from the ground. As long as we all follow the Ground Rules, neighbors safety, as well as our own, is always covered. Seems to me a lot of the bad trips are often from not real stuff. This shit breaks my lil unicorn heart bc no one should hand out bunk shit, and no one should eat it, either. 

The guy who started Naropa University in Boulder had a great quote: eating lsd is like taking a rocket ship to the corner store. You can just walk there but rockets are fun. I know we are all fans of space.

super excited to see some DSO next month down south. I played my first open mic and have found my way up and down my mandolins neck- got a new one for my bday from my dad that has a body shaped like a moon! Only perfectly round mando I have ever seen. Excited to share our sexy bass ukulele with whoever is trying to jam pre or post show. This thing is also a rocket ship to the corner store.

talking in musical notes to people I love and strangers is now my new fetish and obsession and I can't believe I am about to go on a tour with the same guy I went on last years spring southern tour with. Must've been the roses. 

Kiss kiss, can't wait to spin and giggle and play with you all!!!! 

Archived