Fire and Fury in Grateful Dead Land

John A

• Forum MVP

Well lookie what we have here - an upcoming, apparently tell all book by former San Fransisco Chronicle music critic Joel Selvin chronicling the surviving members post Garcia escapades.

For those of you not around the Bay Area press over the years, Selvin, while showing some degree of appreciation for Garcia's greatness, was not much of a fan of The Boys.

Due to drop in June, “Fare Thee Well: The Final Chapter of the Grateful Dead’s Long, Strange Trip” is an unblinking and balanced look at the infighting, backbiting, rancor and resentments among the surviving “core four” band members that followed the 1995 death of the Dead’s guitar god and drug-addicted paterfamilias, Jerry Garcia, whom Selvin calls the band’s “true north.” Without him, as the book makes abundantly clear, the center would not hold.

http://www.marinij.com/arts-and-entertainment/20180322/fire-and-fury-in-grateful-dead-land

• Forum MVP

Umm is he hoping he will get accidental trump sales like that lady on amazon who had a similarly titled book but about I think WWII?  She became the number 1 non fiction book in her category after people mistaked it for the tell all. 

Ok nvm. Book title doesn’t start fire and fury even though that wouldn’t be a bad marketing strategy lol. 

• Forum MVP

Ummmm.... those guys all fucked up since Jerry died. Glad we get DSO bc otherwise I never coulda felt the love in this lifetime. All the gangsta gun toting kids on lot and the Deader than thou fucks are pathetic. 

Big shout out out to DSO for being the only band that does what they do TODAY ;) 

where else could we all nerd out all over the country on setlists and gear and SOUND?!?!? 

I specifically seek out regional cover bands and tour DSO bc the "boys" are just no fun these days. I go to lot, but not the show anymore when it's those guys.

I cried a lot at lot in NoLa with dead co bc no one gave me a ticket to see the sexy bitches that come to see their new Johnny boy. What I really was crying about was the lack of love. That shit they do now makes me feel..... really really awful. Buying into arenas that are made to jail hippies and shit. Wtf? Grrrr.....

a pedal to tell your musicians with words what to play? Good golly miss molly that ain't how tasty jams are made. That's how guitar monkeys are enslaved. Gross. 

Thank you DSO. You saved my life.

Archived