Baseball

bs69

• Forum MVP
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:33 PM, Tea said:

Break up the Nats!

They high-steppin into the WS - congrats!  I'm rootin for 'em but the last thing they need is a week off.  Who's the better matchup?  The Stankees or the Stros?

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Tea said:

They high-steppin into the WS - congrats!  I'm rootin for 'em but the last thing they need is a week off.  Who's the better matchup?  The Stankees or the Stros?

Not sure, but I agree that having a week off is janky......too much time to start thinking!

• Forum MVP

The Nats were left for dead at 19-31.  Since then, they have the best record in the league so this is no fluke.  Beating Cole and Verlander on the road?  Wow.  Houston will not go down without a fight but the Nats are in the cat-bird seat. 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Astros showing a little fight, and 

spoiling the party at Nats Park.

Perfectly positioned TV with the

game at the show last night.

You OK over there acududeman?

I'm doing okay, though if we lose tonight...…..not so sure

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, acududeman said:

I'm doing okay, though if we lose tonight...…..not so sure

I'm glad I went out to hear live music tonight instead of watch the game. Best 2 out of 3, huh? 

Why not...….let's get the ace pitchers back out there one more time......hell, let's go all 7 games.

• Forum MVP
On 10/28/2019 at 9:06 AM, acududeman said:

It's clear now who the better team is, and it's not the Nats.

BUT......Stras may have something to say about that tomorrow night!

Stras' was a total stud tonight, and the Nats beat both the Astros AND the umps to force a game 7 showdown.

We have Max and they don't, so I'm cautiously optimistic about the Nats' chances.

Either way, it's been a hell of a ride for we Nats fans!!

• Forum MVP

Gonna be some bedlam tonight - winner-take-all Game 7 thanks to Strasburg.  Verlander's record in world series games is now 0-6.  He and Kershaw need to smudge themselves, take a vision-quest, check into a sweat-lodge - something.  Bad JuJu.

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Tea said:

Gonna be some bedlam tonight - winner-take-all Game 7 thanks to Strasburg.  Verlander's record in world series games is now 0-6.  He and Kershaw need to smudge themselves, take a vision-quest, check into a sweat-lodge - something.  Bad JuJu.

I know it would be extremely difficult for him but he needs to take the boxer mentality and not sleep with his wife during the series

• Forum MVP

Easy to play to the result but at the time I was thinking AJ Hinch shoulda gone with Cole outta the pen.  There were no more tomorrows.....

Congrats to the Nats!  A wild-card entrant (with a history of choking) was 5-0 in series deciding games this post-season and they trailed in every single one.  Wont die - can’t quit!

giphy.gif

Archived