Here is to a good night in c-ville

• Forum MVP

Hoping for a good night tonight.  Sold out uva crowd.  Never cared much for the Jefferson, dance wise....but it's close and Lord knows I need to smile....hoping a good JGB show will do it.  Plus a little help from my friends.  

Will certainly review later, just happy to maybe get some of that slowed down soulful sound that the church might bring.  JGB was always a nice break from the craziness of 80,000 plus large stadium dead shows.  

Though tonight is sold out, I imagine many might bail when the don't recognize some of the music.  Dunno, but will see.

Had to drag myself up here.  Fought myself.  Hope to smile big.  Need to feed that Jones.

• Forum MVP

Just saw old and in the way.   Virginia regulars.   

Amazed about all.the fingers in the air.  Should of got more tickets.  There was one finger I would of enjoyed offering a miracle to.   Must be like 30 people outside needing tickets on a sold out night.  Strange for charlotsville.  

Glad the band packed it out.  Funny hearing people talk about a man down. 

Three mics set up.   1 drum....but some bongos and a little extra set up on the side.  Rob has two of his instruments on stage.   He fits in between them.  From one side to the other.  

DSO will throw it down.   I know.  It will be a nice break from what I am used to.  Got a nice open dance area.  One I forgot about.   It's flat not to close to the speakers, but not too far either. 

Going shows solo again.   The thoughts one has driven the endless roads to fill the soul.   Howany roads must one drive to be content.  Can contentment even be found on the roads.  

Old in the way just got back.  Will share some words.  

Nice to be back for a while.  

• Forum MVP

Wrote that sometime ago.  Nites like these hours seem like alcoves in a long langid world of stop and go with periods of bliss.  

What a super fun night.  Played a jgb show from 76...  Then some fillers that just made you laugh and giggle.  

To hard to share set list right now, although others know it.  Reached some new highs in songs heard decades ago. 

• Forum MVP

1976-8-22

Set List

Set One: I Second That Emotion ; They Love Each Other ; I'll Take a Melody ; That's What Love Will Make You Do ; Mission in the Rain 

Set Two: The Way You Do The Things You Do ; Midnight Moonlight ; Strange Man ; Tore Up ; Stop That Train ; Ride Mighty High 

Filler: Let It Rock ; Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues ; Mister Charlie ; You Ain't Women Enough (To Take My Man) ; Eyes Of The World > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad

Notes

Sold Out! Rob Koritz plays drum set for JGB show, percussion for Filler. Dino drum set on Filler. 

• Forum MVP

The band was having so much fun last night.  A lot more relaxed...cracking jokes, making a lot of chatter on stage.  They were having fun, and that is always nice to see.  Rob and dino both were out for drinks and socializing in a bar after the show.  1 show makes so much better, and is such motivation to keep keeping on....to DC...Baltimore.....

Think I will go to Rocky Mount.  The music was just that good last night.  Jeff....wow....he has just got so unbelievably good.  His vocals are superb, and his fingers are strumming better and better.  He is definitely taking DSO to a new level.  Fucking cover band that moves me brightly.  

We are so lucky to have this in our lives, or as a option in our lives to re-explore that magic.  

Going to Raleigh to get up with the Carolina crew, but I really need me 1 more of that Jerry band sound and feel.  

I think Eaton's ordeal, and don't get me wrong....I hope and wish the best for what is going on, and it's scary stuff for any family to deal with, but ..

His departure, I think, will be good for the band.  They seemed to be less strict last night.  Having fun, laughing, conversations with each other, and just really making it a family event.  

But it allowed for each other shine that much brighter.  They stepped up, and at no moment did I wish for that Bobby rythme sound.  The music was absolutely full, rich, and of course, body moving.  

Can't say enough about the nights presentation, but allow me to end with a big thank you DSO!!!   

The music was absolutely restless and hot!!  

Archived