7. Rueben and Cherise*
  8. Russian Lullaby*
  9. Viola Lee Blues*--played in it's original jug band form
  10. Ripple

Encores
  1. Uncle John's Band
  2. Goodnight Irene

*Notable performance

Very much enjoyed the show. It is never the high energy dance party of an electric, but still great stuff and you always get to hear some less common songs. I am sorry for Eaton's family situation. I did enjoy the different mix of songs due to his absence. The Masters of War was a real treat, and the Box of Rain was a very heartfelt rendition from Skip that stood out. I honestly forgot how good of a singer Skip is.

Goodnight all
  • Like (+1) 7

What a great venue and incredible night of music.  After listening to Reckoning and a bunch of acousitic/ electric Dead from the early 80’s, it was awesome to hear DSO’s take on many of those songs in person.  

My personal favorites from last night were Jack A Roe, Masters of War, and Bird Song from first set.  All very well played and the sound was great.  Second set, Mountains of the Moon, Box, Reuben and Cherise and Viola Lee.  Very cool to hear the jug band version, caught me off guard at first.  

The place is so intimate and the sound, incredible.  I felt like I was sitting in Rob Barraco’s lap all night we were that close!  

• Like (+1) 1

The DSO version last night was much more like the The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan version than that Ratdog version. Maybe was even faster than the original Dylan version. It's a great song lyrically. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan was always one of my favorite Dylan albums. Very much worth a listen if you have never heard it before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I got turned on to the Dead cuz of my love of acoustic music. My second show was a radio city acoustic first set show. Monkey and the engineer on reckoning is from the night I was there. I caught one of the acoustic shows Dark Star did at the Birchmere to celebrate their 1,000th show. Incredible night! I can only imagine how special that show at the Hamilton must have been. Beautiful set list. I’m sorry I Let that one pass on by.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Rumpke mountain boys have been doing an acoustic, jugband version of Viola Lee for years. Seems like the time the two bands spent together in Jamaica was productive. RMB also tear up Duprees. Masters of War is just a down right great, necessary song, along with Roger Water's The Bravery of Being Out of Range from his 1992 Amused to Death album. What God wants God gets...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On 4/3/2018 at 11:46 PM, Cosmic Mike said:
Set 1
  1. All Around This World
  2. [MISSING?]
  3. Friend of the Devil
  4. Stir It Up*
  5. Jack A Roe
  6. Wonderful World -- Skip lead vocals w/ Tonya the road manager
  7. Big Boss Man
  8. Sitting In Limbo
  9. Masters of War* -- Lisa vocals
  10. It's Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry
  11. Bird Song*
Set 2
  1. Dupree's Diamond Blues
  2. Mountains of the Moon
  3. Sing Your Blues Away*
  4. Dire Wolf
  5. Box of Rain*
  6. Tomorrow is Forever*
  7. Rueben and Cherise*
  8. Russian Lullaby*
  9. Viola Lee Blues*--played in it's original jug band form
  10. Ripple

Encores
  1. Uncle John's Band
  2. Goodnight Irene

*Notable performance

Very much enjoyed the show. It is never the high energy dance party of an electric, but still great stuff and you always get to hear some less common songs. I am sorry for Eaton's family situation. I did enjoy the different mix of songs due to his absence. The Masters of War was a real treat, and the Box of Rain was a very heartfelt rendition from Skip that stood out. I honestly forgot how good of a singer Skip is.

Goodnight all

Love you brother.  Makes me smile huge to see you posted.  Hope the music was enough, and that it brought back more good than any bad.  

Happy to see your words.  I am sure you did not feel that disc while dancing!! 

• Forum MVP

My friends that haven't missed many shows since I told em WE tour DSO in Berkeley over a year ago said this was the best show and venue they had experienced in a long time. So I believe em!

i really like this it has diff acoustic things I haven't seen em do that way! But tomorrow is forever is one of my fave songs to play and Lisa totally put it on my radar a few years ago bc she sings it so amazingly and I'm sad I missed this one!