Dixie

Don’t let go 

Bertha 

From the heart of me (Lisa)

What a wonderful world 

The maker 

Not fade

Bobbby McGee (Tanya)

Rob k on kit 1st 2 sets then to percussion kit for 3rd.

Epic weekend!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Don't let go, fucking thanks so much for that. It coursed thru my veins. Been yearning for that one. Indeed Tanya slayed the Bobby McGee. It was euphoric to the point of giving me full body chills. Sweet! The Maker, well it was a Mona Lisa for me. Speaking of Lisa, she stole my heart with Heart of Me ♥️. Really, really great time here and an excellent venue, great time with  people that make me feel good.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Stop and think about it. This is amazing. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. There is opportunity in everything. Eaton has personal, family, health problems. ( I have no idea, but I wish nothing but the best for you, Rob) The rest of the band seizes the moment with Jerry band shows yet, takes everything to the next level with THE THIRD SET, making it their own. Praise DSO ! I wasn’t even there and I’m happy this morning. 

• Forum MVP

The harmonies the organ the melodies unfolded just lovely. I swam in the beauty of sound like the stillness of a snorkel dive on a reef. And it stoned me to my soul. And spending it with people who share an easy smile soothes  my soul.  I danced so hard. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Both nights. The ladies stole the show. First night Lisa on walking blues. Last night with Tanya on Bobby McGee. 

I want to state that these two shows really displayed the strength and mastery of all the members of DSO. They stepped up big time in Eaton’s absence. These shows were strong. They were special and I’m glad I got to capture some of the magic. 

However I can’t imagine how strong DSO will sound when Eaton rejoins the fold. I know that DSO will only bring it up another notch with his return. 

I can’t wait for Wanee. 

See you guys on the merry go round again soon. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

Made it! Was interesting to see them do the slooooooow thing so much in one show- seemed like a cool way to stretch themselves in a different way.

the venue stinks, please go back to the Variety. I know locals that always go that didn't cause they know that venue is crap. 

I definitely missed the show I wanted.....

BUT

they took a melody and I did some shit with it and it's a cool exchange. Jesse actually peeked up and told me that we had previously experienced a very sweet TLEO moment on our first tour together last spring..... cute, he remembered.

i did my courtesy dance in front of Jeff in gratitude and spin through the balcony thing cause forever young is like that. The whole hey now there you are thing always gets me and ohhhhhhh the water...... sigh.

i don't know- call it a simple twist of fate though they did it lovely, but I just haven't ever in my whole life done dope and this show seemed best suited for those that enjoy that kind of thing. I mean- they did the era justice, but missing the more psychedelic Friday weighed on me a bit. Wilmington. There's always Wilmington....

they did make me sob for most of Dixie. Heavy shit, dudes!

and damn they finally got my lil unicorn heart racing and rainbow-pattering with that forever don't let go jam- think that was some tasty shit, right there.

the sound was awful in most of the venue- more reason to not go back! And I def gat a whistler super happy lady in my ear when I came up front for cats- made me go back where I belonged for the cripple section w Jesse.

we had fun playing together in our car afterwards and it made up for the shitty lot (enforced not allowed!) and weather so all in all, I'm grateful and I love you all and kiss kiss dearies! 

• Forum MVP

I saw pros and cons to each venue. The variety has become a tough place to dance. They put down fire lanes with tape and enforce them bunching all the people together. However the lot scene and general vibe outside the venue here was crap and the staff wasn’t too great inside either. I’m here to dance though and I think the new place worked better for that. 

I feel for those that need to make a few bucks outside to keep the mother rolling. They may have to decide to skip Atlanta if this venue stays the same with its enforcement outside. 

All in all though. This venue despite taken my smoke at set break away didn’t do anything that would discourage me from going again. I would however stay at a hotel in another part of town. The area is too nice here. Not enough seedines if that at all makes sense. I don’t think the area understands us. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

Made it! Was interesting to see them do the slooooooow thing so much in one show- seemed like a cool way to stretch themselves in a different way.

the venue stinks, please go back to the Variety. I know locals that always go that didn't cause they know that venue is crap. 

I definitely missed the show I wanted.....

BUT

they took a melody and I did some shit with it and it's a cool exchange. Jesse actually peeked up and told me that we had previously experienced a very sweet TLEO moment on our first tour together last spring..... cute, he remembered.

i did my courtesy dance in front of Jeff in gratitude and spin through the balcony thing cause forever young is like that. The whole hey now there you are thing always gets me and ohhhhhhh the water...... sigh.

i don't know- call it a simple twist of fate though they did it lovely, but I just haven't ever in my whole life done dope and this show seemed best suited for those that enjoy that kind of thing. I mean- they did the era justice, but missing the more psychedelic Friday weighed on me a bit. Wilmington. There's always Wilmington....

they did make me sob for most of Dixie. Heavy shit, dudes!

and damn they finally got my lil unicorn heart racing and rainbow-pattering with that forever don't let go jam- think that was some tasty shit, right there.

the sound was awful in most of the venue- more reason to not go back! And I def gat a whistler super happy lady in my ear when I came up front for cats- made me go back where I belonged for the cripple section w Jesse.

we had fun playing together in our car afterwards and it made up for the shitty lot (enforced not allowed!) and weather so all in all, I'm grateful and I love you all and kiss kiss dearies! 

Im sorry you don’t get Jerry band, but these shows were butter and The venue was solid with plenty of room and good sound. We are getting the goods. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Rude said:

Im sorry you don’t get Jerry band, but these shows were butter and The venue was solid with plenty of room and good sound. We are getting the goods. 

I love Jerry band. When I pick shows to listen to I pick fridays, not Saturday's type setlist- primarily bc I have seen DSO do bout everything they did on Saturday and when I see that setlist I turn and I shrug. Usually it's diamonds to get a Jerry gem at DSO (they taught me the diff by going to shows, after all!) but when it's all together like this it made the special not as glowing. 

Let me be clear- I am talking personal preference here, not performance! I like psychedelic rainbow discord (which Jerry band always has on a night that I like it) not stretched slow songs. But I know others love this shit, as I said. glad y'all enjoy it to dance, I will always be happy for ya! I couldn't dance much either way cause Jesse can't walk and by second set where I was dancing by him in the cripple area y'all moved the chairs into my dance space to make room for your dance moves and I was content to watch your booties jiggle while I snuggled my broken man. Don't wanna mess up yalls fun when I always have a good time. 

The organ specifically was muffled and muted or something in diff areas of the venue and it wasn't the band or crews fault- venue ate that shit. Sorry you don't care as much when you are dancing but I learned early to close my eyes and spin at DSO and when that doesn't sound right and I'm in what should be a good spot across from the sound board I blame the venue- esp when I've been warned about the place and the shit sound by long time fans that didn't make it. 

I like dancing in crowded areas- I spent too many years on the rail to not have mastered it. Please go back to the variety- it's not a dance competition, it's a dance together time!!!!! Sweat and stinky pits and all ;) 

and sorry if y'all think I'm being negative- I felt like the people that would get offended weren't in attendance so I could just be myself. Thank you for letting me. That's why I love y'all even though we are so different- cause I know y'all just wanna see the next show, too. It's always the best! But that Columbia show last year..... sigh....... best show ever. 

BTW: how does the curse of the forums work to make us all have a hot thread about dso and Jerry band songs and then we get THIS tour!?!?! Bwahahahaha I guess we better be careful what we wish for!!!

kiss kiss

• Forum MVP

I m with MC. About this part of Atlanta (Buckhead) not being seedy enough.  This is the high end district and not the neighbohood us old hippies grew up in. But i did find a spot around the corner from the Theather that was friendly. The Resturant/bar , Buckhead BBQ, is a family run little shack that has the warmest friends and best hickery smooked brisket around.    Inside the Theather there was dance room only toward the way back but the room amplified the crowd noise which included lots of talkers there for the social event....just like Chastaine Park Amtheather but inside...same up scale folk out. On the town.   But it was so good to share this time with several close friends who gathered here from all over the country. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

76-78 jgb is my fav. Especially the slow stuff. "Making music together, in a world time forgot". I get lost in that shit. But....to each their own. I have my off nights while others have a great time....so many factors at play. The important thing to remember is that it's about perspective. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

The shows and venue were perfect. There was more room with space tgan 90% of the venues I go to. Why does the area of town matter?  You drive to venue get out and go in. Would you rather hang outside the electric factory?  Seems like personal issues are getting infused into show analysis. 

They were brilliant. Bravo guys. My fav 3 show run I’ve ever seen hands down. 

• Forum MVP

Some really drunken sailors. One guy got 16oz solo cup of wine! Ordered 4 glasses and poured it into a chug cup. He was one who could hardly make it up the stairs.

Someone  pooped their pants too Sat night. It smelled like poo  up front. Joe and I were literally looking where we walked as we mov d on. Initially it looked like primo dance space until I sniffed out why. 

31289_EB1-940_E-4_ADC-_BA9_A-18_C483_D41

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Forum MVP

That being said - it was an easy walk from hotel to Whole Foods to stock our kitchenette and sitting area with after show libation and snacks at Hyatt Place. Shuttle from hotel to surrounding areas was free.

The after party scene was lame. You had to make your own. That is ok. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

That being said - it was an easy walk from hotel to Whole Foods to stock our kitchenette and sitting area with after show libation and snacks at Hyatt Place. Shuttle from hotel to surrounding areas was free.

The after party scene was lame. You had to make your own. That is ok. 

Thanks for the snacks. Sorry we couldn't figure out the lighting. Your efforts were noted.  

As it turns out, rush hour in Atlanta goes 24/7. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

This is the most negative thread I’ve ever seen for just a perfect weekend. Gr8tfulpair and I must be in a different dimension because we were Drooling over the ultra special shows we just got.  We commented how the band should have spread the word that this 3 show run would be one of the most unique dso Experiences ever. So many of these were 1st timers for us and the band. Plus the 3rd sets were amazing.  Back to back 6 show 3rd sets where the band did songs and styles never done.  I had so much fun there was no room for any thoughts of negativity. This is one of those wtf threads. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On 4/10/2018 at 12:44 AM, gr8fulpair said:

Thanks for the snacks. Sorry we couldn't figure out the lighting. Your efforts were noted.  

As it turns out, rush hour in Atlanta goes 24/7. 

I found a medium. Our additional blow up solar light has died a premature death. 

It is ridiculous!

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

Our additional blow up solar light has died a premature death. 

WTF is a blow up solar light?  It's dead so I guess it doesn't matter any-waaaaaayyyyyyyy.  Still curious tho 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Tea said:

WTF is a blow up solar light?  It's dead so I guess it doesn't matter any-waaaaaayyyyyyyy.  Still curious tho 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W4XZGKU/ref=asc_df_B00W4XZGKU5434748/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00W4XZGKU&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198057949886&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=235742987600606709&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010454&hvtargid=pla-348653692739

we always take our own lighting. This one was nice to leave on green for unobtrusive light in the bathroom or blue for good ambient light. We have some Eno string lights in blue/green that travel well too.