Billy Strings

Ammagamalin Crew

• Forum MVP

http://relisten.net/billy-strings/2017/8/29

Check out this soundboard from Nashville last year. Opens with Oh the Wind and the Rain>Dust in the Baggie. Later a sweet Senor and a nice take on Riders in the Storm with an interesting take  of The End referencing a hippie loving his parents instead of killing them. See what you think

Sorry, wrong show link before, got it right here (I think)

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

We got an Oh The Dreadful Wind and The Rain>Dust In The Baggie, midset,  last night at The Southgate Revival House in Newport last night. Also , some hints of PITB throughout the extensive jams. Really great cosmic harmonizing with mandolin and the banjo, stand up bass. He came from two shows in Texas and is heading now to Pittsburgh. DO NOT MISS this if he comes your way. A deadheads delight. Threw in reference lines about hippies buying tyedyes from Uncle John. The riffing and incredible speed and passion bring him to places only JG went. Hopefully, he won't crash and burn. He seemed strong last night. Dropped one the line about making the fiddle from her small breast plate, but made up for it with leads that were moment to moment inspired. What a treat. Turmoil and Tinfoil is his second album. Worth it. We really wanted that Dreadful Wind and he did it without anyone asking, he just knew what needed to be played and joy rose from the dusts of despair, esp with the PITB licks we all were grinning, laughing and sheading tears while he was shredding the acoustic

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Opened tonight's free show in Hamilton with dreadful wind and the rain > dust. Later in the set he started with living like an animal took it into MAMU back Into animal then finished off MAMU.  Beautiful night on top of a river over look with incredible clouds and a double rainbow.  A hawk flew in half way into the show

• Like (+1) 3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have seen Billy Strings 10 times this year.....4 of them at FREE festivals...Whimmydiddle,Buck Lake Ranch,Black Swamp Arts,Firefly....just spent two nights in Grand Rapids.That band has got me shak'in my bones again.....i am over 60.

Every time he plays there is a SBD for free on Mixlr...... look for BillyStreams.

Tonight from Colorado at 11pm eastern....."never miss a sunday show"

Peace  WildBill

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Just listened to the 2nd night grand Rapids on relisten..we thought about going up, but it rained hard all day Saturday and it would have been 700 miles round trip. Glad you got a red rocking chair,  as jumbled as it was. Nice he's reworking it into the sets.  Maybe see you at the NYE run. We're front row balcony,  planning on draping a recently purchased tyedye sheet we got at the Hampton phish shows.  

Cool.....i am gonna try and make at least the first night of NYE run.....i will be in Nashville for sure and i am trying to score 2tix for Asheville if anyone can help.

I will get info for a meet up before the show if i can make it to Pontiac !

Peace  WildBill

• Forum MVP

As far as I can tell,  it is all ages, listing as a performing arts center with a bar available,  not just listing as a bar. Considering his recent three night Boulder > Denver run,  with really different setlists, this should be a treat. The catalog continues to expand. Now including Walls of Time, Gotta Jigaboo, and Body and Soul. I think he's got a violinist sitting in as special guest

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
34 minutes ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

As far as I can tell,  it is all ages, listing as a performing arts center with a bar available,  not just listing as a bar. Considering his recent three night Boulder > Denver run,  with really different setlists, this should be a treat. The catalog continues to expand. Now including Walls of Time, Gotta Jigaboo, and Body and Soul. I think he's got a violinist sitting in as special guest

I listened to a good portion of that run at work yesterday. I have an email into the venue. Have to be sure before I drop the dough. Lots of all ages places go 21+ for NYE.

• Forum MVP
On 12/4/2018 at 3:06 PM, Topcat said:

See you there.....we will be there when the doors open....just yell out WildBill!

Stubhub has two Asheville tix......  $114.00 each....ouch!

Anyone got two...i'll give $75 each 😛

Peace   WildBill

Cashorttade has several for Asheville at face. 

Posted today. $46 for the pair. Still available 

https://cashortrade.org/profile/hhdfc/posts/494793

• Like (+1) 1

...dang Rude, you are very resourceful ! Thank you but i have been told that i am on the bands "list" for Asheville. My traveling partner is down at Strings and Sol and told Andy

L. about our situation. I really appreciate the lead....that i still might need 🙂

And they are not trying to rape you on the prices.....that's a nice site.

Peace  WB

• Like (+1) 1