Billy Strings

Ammagamalin Crew

• Forum MVP

Got tix ;)  Put an ISO on CashorTrade along with 6 other people who had the same ISO and I somehow got em.  I’m lucky most of the other people ISO had 0 reviews. The cool thing about 3rd and lindsley when I lived in Nashville is we’d get there early, eat drink and secure a spot. I Worked for Cumulus broadcasting and had a buddy who worked for lightning100 and he had extras for most shows. it was always a seated affair. I assume it’s still like that. I’m cool with that really. Plan to eat drink and be merry plus 6 hours on my feet would be torture unless the dead is pumping through my veins zombifying my legs. Decided to spend the night instead of driving back which means a Christmas stumble appears to be in order. Merry Christmas and a belated Hanukkah. 

• Like (+1) 2

Cool......looks like i would have been able to get you a ticket. Reason....i am not gonna make the shows. Since Christmas falls on tuesday.....all the family has to work the day before and the day after.....that means we need to have our family Christmas on the saturday before so everyone can be together. And me being the patriarch of my family...i cannot miss it.

DANGIT......i will bet saturday night will be cosmic !

Have fun Rude !....i will be listening on Billy Streams'

Happy Holidays and Peace to all!

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
3 minutes ago, Rude said:

Luckily doing sales my clients all take off 2 weeks st Christmas so I have the whole period free of stress. 

I guess planning debauchery is easy on the nerves and promotes creativity 

• Forum MVP

We got a Jack a roe and a Birdsong last night. Lots if trippy space through out all the sets. I think jubilee going  to be pinnacle.  A Billy goat was in the audience the first night.  Mostly riding on the shoulders of it's keeper. Staff is allowing everyone to be free, 

Here comes 2019!

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

He's got intelligence and dexterity. When talking about doing jerry songs, he's passionate about getting it right. The Freebird played on Halloween is incredible considering he does the lead parts for the three who used to play in Skynyrd. YouTube 10/31/18. This guy is quick and is getting his catalog up to a 1,000+

Still got $12.00 ticket available for the upcoming Headliners in Louisville.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Had a really good time and it was a really good show NYE. There were like 3 rooms of family and friends of the band that came for the show that I kept entering accidentally.  😂😆 Boys enjoyed it, Luke had his doubts because he hadn’t listened but left impressed. (Throw in an unexpected Beatles cover and you got him) 2nd year in a row I’ve traveled sick for NYE but this was no where near the nightmare Philly was for me last year. Quick 6hours up and back on 75. Parking, Navigation, Hotel, Venue, Security, everything was super easy and relatively cheap. My highlights were willin’, senor, china doll>midnight rider and liked quite a few of his songs as well although I’m not familiar with titles yet. Multiple train based songs I’m a fan of.  Lol.  Ought to fit in real nice Jubilee late night. 

• Forum MVP

In the great tradition of people covering Dylan, he gave the highest tribute you can give his songs---a lyric flub on Senor. He changes tempo and singing cadence every version I hear of the "dead" tunes which means he gets it. FYI any song anyone in the dead ever sang is categorized as a dead tune to me.

Its actually a pertinent song for new years depending on your personal interpretation.

Heres an archive of it

https://archive.org/details/BS2018-12-31/BS2018-12-31_24.flac

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/2/2019 at 1:09 PM, Rude said:

Smart marketer. Play dead songs and you pull in the dead crowd. It probably got him the Jubilee gig too. He’s only 26. 

He just might be listening to his fans. I told him a couple times early last summer that i am an old Deadhead and that there are many like me that enjoy Billy Strings music/shows.....the jamming and the power of it.

Maybe they are recognizing that.......

Peace 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Panic x2, JRAD, Keller and Grateful grass are more appealing to me. I had fun at that billy strings show but I won’t travel for him. Pink talking fish, Les claypools new weird thing also would be fun.