Billy Strings

Ammagamalin Crew

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

End of spring tour. Mixlr,  home, search, Billy Streams.  Tonight's show is Jackson,  Mississippi.  It's been starting around 9 est for the 8 o'clock shows. Ladt night in Birmingham started at 9 CST,  10 est opened with Senor and he's getting it down,  Rude, not messing up Dylan's lyrics, we still got some gems coming up at Jackson and lake Charles  tomorrow night.  Free sbd feed , the pre concert and between set music is crazy good, 

• 3 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Just added 40 shows through 11/23/19 ending up at the Madison in Covington. New album "'Home" coming out 9/27 when he is doing two shows in Portland, clips reveal he's getting into some psychedelic electric guitar work. Halloween is in Asheville this year. After last year's Halloween shinanagins in Seattle, this might be the show to be at, it flows right into a two night stand in Carraboro, NC. Next year he's going international, so get em in while you can!

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

We got dosed hard last night in the pasture with the other goats. First set, 75 minutes with a Pretty Daughter early in the set and a nice version of Been All around this world. Royal is getting near Kahn territory with his bass interactions with Billy,  very reminiscent of Jerry and John collaborations. Second set went from 10:30 to midnight because of the double encore of a 17 minute Meet Me At The Creek,  opened up a new plane of consciousness,  incredible to lay that out after what seemed already like a complete show. Deal is getting really,  really close to the exploration and rounding of repeating leads that Jerry latched on to to whip everyone into a feeding frenzy. Sorry to have missed DSO,  I really wanted to get in a show but String's tickets went on sale and I had tunnel vision.  He just keeps getting better with each experience.  Red Rocking Chair has a whole new intro than what he had been building.  

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 6/29/2019 at 8:16 AM, How Do You Do? said:

Recent appearance on PBS's Bluegrass Underground was sweet!

Just watched this PBS show......I'm now a Billy Strings fan! Just enough lysergic sweetener on my bluegrass to make it compelling for me. I will catch a live show for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

live leads to an unprecedented appreciation of the workings of the acoustic instruments of bluegrass.  Jarrod, Royal and Billy compliment William's extreme flatpicking dexterity and pedal exploration. His catalog keeps the intrigue ongoing. His humility keeps it all real. Get in the pasture while you can, it's still intimate and cost effective.  Who knows what song is going to show up at the next one?

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Good planning,  the tour is selling out, esp in a high culture area like DC. Atlanta's sold out, Halloween is next. Taking water has some lyrics worth paying attention to. We got Whimmeydoodle coming up with Del McCoury band on the same night.  Sure to be some collaboration. You'll have fun cause it's a really nice and colorful, fun group of people that attend the shows

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Joining in with mixlr.  Between set music is crispy. Hope it fills your cup for the time you spent getting in and getting out. What's the venue like? I've been lucky to hit some sweet spots. Be interesting to read your take. Sounded like he wanted to dark star in first set, but don't see how he can with the time available and huge catalog to cover. I think they're all first rate musicians. From what I've read of your travels and shows with DSO, legit audience member and thanks for contributing to the forum. Between mixlr and forum, life is still engaging. I gave up when Jerry passed.  A dear friend went to the desert and never returned. Life can be crushing but there is times of exploration and Strings keeps it alive for me. Nelson ledges was as close to an Oakland parking lot when I was in my 20's . Everyone here on the forum helps break the daily grind,  thanks to all

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Well now.

The first set was good, not great. Kind of wondering to myself what all the fuss has been about. 2nd set i went to the back if the venue where there was wonderful wood floors and pretty much no one other than myself and My friends. No traffic moving through, no talkers. And woosh! The music took off. 2nd set i would rate as extremely good. Felt my body move in ways that it never has before. The transition into me and my uncle out of whatever song/jam they were in was beyond fluid and i had no idea it was coming.

I'll be back. Next time I'll dive deep...i didn't last night because I'm fighting a cold. But it's worthy~

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Felt my body move in ways that it never has before.”

High praise from a man whose opinion I value highly.

That’s how how I felt about old school Cornmeal. They were the other band I got on airplanes to go see. I think I need to check this young man out.

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

Check all four of them out, they blend the four instruments nicely upping the ante with every show. Lyrics are enunciated where you can get the story and meaning of each song.  Billy has respect for jg and all the others who have come before. His own material is relevant to life today. All four are at the top of their game right now. DSO setlists and I'm sure musicianship is at an all time high from the reviews everyone has been providing. It only makes sense Jeff would be with Melvin for Jamaica shows. He was blowing my mind when he  was with the tricksters back at the ledges. Travellers take care for the upcoming tours. Have fun!

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP
On 7/21/2019 at 10:37 PM, acududeman said:

I secured my Billy Strings tix for the 9:30 Club in November.

I saw my first Billy Strings show tonight in DC......very impressed! That man can pick like lightning!

Great energy in the house - which was packed to the gills.