Billy Strings

Ammagamalin Crew

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

As a former DC resident, I have to agree. 930 club has a great deal going with the Fire Marshall. Routinely oversold. 

It's obnoxious.....I rarely go there any more, but I wanted to catch Billy while I still can in a smallish venue.

If there was ever a fire or an attack of any sort at the 9:30 Club, it would be a veritable horror show......getting out of there on a normal night is crazy and not recommended for claustrophobics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Caught the tour closer in Covington KY last Saturday. Got there 45 minutes early and they were lined around the block for a sold out show. Made it inside the Madison by 8:05 and our choices were to literally squeeze in between a million people on the floor or head to the balcony where it was 95 degrees. So we made some space in th e balcony and started shedding layers of clothes. Lol. Show was killer. This kid and his band are on fire. Being in the bluegrass state the covers were more old timey and encore was super old timey where they all 4 played and sung around a “can”mic

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

It was a freakin mess, we did get a shadygrove second song in, hopefully the Taft next year. We were first in, one went and got the rail,  I had to manage 6 balcony seats for disabled friend and older siblings,  it got hotter as the night went on, Jim, who does tons of taping was not allowed, crushing, going back to Dayton empty handed although word is stealth happened on the floor. Turmoil and Tinfoil

Sorry to have missed ya duck

Glad you got in

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
9 hours ago, sml said:

Been working through everything from 2019 on archive this week in order - Shit is fucking ridiculous - Insane - Phenomenal.

Unbelievable talent.  It’s a really tough ticket everywhere he plays.  Flat picking Virtuoso and even that might sell him a little short.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I’ve been trying my ass off to run down tix for the Detroit 27-28 shows for my youngest for Christmas. It has proved to be more challenging than I thought unless you are willing to drop a small fortune which I am currently unable to do so. 😂😆😆

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Really grate camera work, as usual for nugs. Billy seems very happy,  which is good for the universe. Looks like the Denver crowd is as laid back as usual. Ogden is a wonderful theater.  Hope you all are tuned in, feels like something special is coming up. Well rested crew members guiding the repertoire 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

One of the between set placards during the webcast stated he's been doing 200+ shows for the past 8 years. The whole set had a lot  of Old and in the way songs including Jerry's Breakdown and closing the second set with Wild Horses. He took each song out to places they'd never been. All fresh approaches with the first shows of the year. Next Friday's tippitinas show is a free webcast also. Playing in the Band threads through out the show.  Lots of dead heads (young and old) in the audience. He's getting to places that used to be "space " at dead shows a lot.  Which Zeppelin cover band was it? Hopefully not Zeppelin 2. I've heard good reports of Get The Led Out and zoso was fairly decent. This is the year of Jimmy page 2020=ZOZO

• 1 year later...
  • Forum MVP

Truth. 
The world need less judgements and destructive criticism , more patience. Sympathy over vanity. Non interference over hatred. 

One can’t be present and tell their “storylines” in their head at the same time. 

Now is the time. 
🎉💝☮️🕊

36462D37-97D4-49E7-9B00-4A4F3251FF16.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

My friend used to be billed with Mayer and another cat as their opening act. He said as they were passing through at some point, that guy was not playing with Mayer anymore. It just took Elton John praising Mayer as a musician, and that launched  his career on a national level. Out of the B clubs and in the A game.