Masters

bs69

• Forum MVP

Speith went crazy-low.  Who knows what would've happened if his drive on 18 didn't clip that pine - that was one hell of a charge.

I think Rory is truly gifted but going +2 in those scoring conditions was a bit of a head-scratcher - especially given the shaky start from Reed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

We got to enjoy Friday and Saturday fully before the Dso shows but the early Sunday DSO start didn’t let us see the finish. Patrick Reed was the best player all week and deserved the win even though spieth played out of his mind Sunday. But when spieth tied reed, reed responded with a birdie. He was clutch and didn’t buckle. Tiger still has a ways to go before he has a shot at winning a major. Unfortunately he had his best rounds later in the weekend so no one had to hear the crowd explosions a few holes behind them. I don’t care what anyone says, no one is immune to the pressure of Tiger closing in on the lead.  We will never again see a player like him. When leading after 54 holes, Tiger won the tourney 95% of the time. That’s the most insane golf stat ever. Something like 2 of 43 tourneys when leading going into Sunday, Tiger relinquished the lead. 

The most mind mind boggling thing I saw was Tony Finau make 6 straight birdies and barely missed 7 straight on 18. That’s insane. Several of those holes you just play for par and he birdied them all. Nuts. 

Archived