I want to tell you(Lisa)

Brothers and sisters (Lisa and Donna)

How sweet it is (Lisa)

Mr Charlie (Lisa)

I’ll be with thee(Donna and Lisa)

GDTRFB (Lisa and Donna)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

This was the destination weekend of the year. Holy shit so glad I was here. So many 1st timers for me. Moonlight mile, a strange man and I want to tell u in a row. That makes a show right there. Phenomenal!! Beaming still. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

https://photos.app.goo.gl/IxEXLMxk2rHQBmqi1

What a beautiful city Birmingham is. The venue was in the industrial district, seemingly turning hipster district. Beer at the venue (avondale brewery) was quite tasty. Good local crowd, interesting mix. Quite a thick crowd for a Sunday nite, glad to see it. By the time they hit that gdtrfb, it was down to the ones that boogied down, and it was fun as hell. Despite a touch and go Uber ride back to the hotel, the city and venue are highly recommended. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
4 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

... Despite a touch and go Uber ride back to the hotel...., 

That was some wild carnival ride, with fast twists, rolling hills, a couple complete 360 turn abounds in the middle of an intersection, and the music turned up to max inside the car. At one point the driver stopped to have a quick smoke and I jumped out to pull the DSO poster off the wall of the building next door.

DSO Birmingham .JPG

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Michael Doc Watson said:

That was some wild carnival ride, with fast twists, rolling hills, a couple complete 360 turn abounds in the middle of an intersection, and the music turned up to max inside the car. At one point the driver stopped to have a quick smoke and I jumped out to pull the DSO poster off the wall of the building next door.

DSO Birmingham .JPG

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Hardpan said:

nice to hear Lisa and Donna singing together on some numbers.

I went directly to the I'll Be With Thee first.  That was indeed sweet.

Thanks to the taper and BOO to the jackwagons who were having their cocktail party when a DSO show happened to break out unexpectedly - geez.  Their tickets costs the same as everyone elses I guess and more ticket sales for DSO ain't bad

• Like (+1) 1
1 hour ago, Tea said:

I went directly to the I'll Be With Thee first.  That was indeed sweet.

Thanks to the taper and BOO to the jackwagons who were having their cocktail party when a DSO show happened to break out unexpectedly - geez.  Their tickets costs the same as everyone elses I guess and more ticket sales for DSO ain't bad

Agreed, no idea how people have the energy to maintain a conversation at a volume that they can hear each other over the band for that long. Really frustrating at shows and on an otherwise great sounding audience recording like this one.

• Forum MVP
On 4/10/2018 at 12:57 PM, Tea said:

Fantastic audience. Sounds more like a matrix. Outdoor audiences can be so crystal clear and this is one of those. Give the moonlight mile and I’ll be with thee a listen for sure as well as all the other rarities played. 

The only strange thjng avout this show was was when we got the night they drove old Dixie down in Atlanta the whole crowd dropped everything and went crazy and sang it. In Birmingham they refused to take a rebel stand. I told Gr8tfulpair this place is about to go nuts and it was weird. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On 4/11/2018 at 2:43 PM, Rude said:

Fantastic audience. Sounds more like a matrix. Outdoor audiences can be so crystal clear and this is one of those. Give the moonlight mile and I’ll be with thee a listen for sure as well as all the other rarities played. 

The only strange thjng avout this show was was when we got the night they drove old Dixie down in Atlanta the whole crowd dropped everything and went crazy and sang it. In Birmingham they refused to take a rebel stand. I told Gr8tfulpair this place is about to go nuts and it was weird. 

Never get the same song experience twice..... and expectation always leads to disaster..... good job cursing the audience, kid! (Sorry, Rude, but thems the rules! Don't be so negative! :P bwahahaha) 

i been missing Birmingham shows whole life and I always remember that I always regret it every time I see the setlist- fate took took us there literally a day late and a dollar short but one day I will make it to the promised land :) 

kiss kiss