Positively 4th street 

Uncle johns band reprise 

Tangled L

Ride mighty high L

Goodnight Irene L

Was noting Lisa and tonya with L and T in notes 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Thank God my agent talked me out of retirement because it woulda sucked to miss this spectacle. The Althea was dripping. Lisa made Masters of war her bitch. Damn that was good. The second set was a 2hr continuous dancefest. Good size crowd, not over packed as usual, so lots of groove pockets. This was a really fun departure from last 3 JGB shows, and I loved every note of it. The Tangled almost took me out.....😜

• LMAO 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Ah! Positively and my Silver Angel song :) so glad I sent people this way from the roads less traveled! 

We are headed home via Arkansas..... in Mississippi now ;) lmao- never do we go in straight lines or even the right direction! But we do find our own way home :)

sucks his broken heel led us to not make our anniversary tour, save a single night. Can't think of a time I have ever seen only one night of a tour..... even after my first show at the variety (yeah, I only want em to play there bc of personal nostalgia, hate me if ya feel it helps!) I made it to the orange peel a few days later..... got a darkstar that night and it's all I remember cause was my first experience with why these guys stole my face and heart from the beginning.

but it's cool. It's cool to have seen so many new faces appear and hang around a bit over the years. 9 years of DSO and they are still what takes me home every time in every way. Even though they made me quit my day job in the first year- by second year my night job of selling rocks (my how I have evolved from vending to simply giving everything away- much to he dismay of every guy I ever dragged along with me, save this one!) paid. And since I have very few needs and am generally agreeable to uncomfortable circumstances, it only gets easier.

but a broken heel- that's a bitch. Really it's the getting in and out of the venue and the smoking area that kills it. We been calling this year Hospital Tour 2018. 

But feeding the greater, larger family has become just as important to my life work as getting my unicorn silliness in and spinning around the front row. We have a giant, extended family of which the DSO Dork Stars will always hold the most tender spot of my heart. And I will always appear at random when you least expect even when I'm not physically there. My ubiquity and the doppelgänger effect allow these things in the wibbly wobbly timey wimeyness that is the world DSO creates with their quantum ass transcendence. 

But I really had to move. Deadication requires it. How can I find the other ones I gotta send home to DSO if I ain't out under bridges and on street corners and all the other dark places that many of you will never go? Shining my light when y'all already got your own you are content with isn't my job. It's lighting all those candles no one else is gonna even see. 

I hope we all keep on growing. 

Kiss kiss, see ya at the next show (cause it's the best one!)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Rude said:

4-10 orange peel 

Let’s spend the night together LT

Althea 

Hey pocket way L

Brown eyed women L

Masters of war (Lisa lead)

Money honey LT

Wang dang doodle (Lisa lead)

Pride of cucamonga(skip) L

Tough mama 

Loose Lucy L

Help

Skip 

Frank 

Keep on growing 

Uncle joins band

Drums

Dark star 

Positively 4th street 

Uncle johns band reprise 

Tangled L

Ride mighty high L

Goodnight Irene L

Was noting Lisa and tonya with L and T in notes 

Lordy Lordy....pretty decent looking Tuesday evening!

• Forum MVP

Last night was an easy trip up the mountain after work. Nice crowd, a little older median age than last year. Kind spaces to move and dance in. The sound was good most everywhere except when I was drawn in like a moth to the flame with some stellar sounds I had to find the sweet spot. No drunks. 

The show- nice opener. Let’s just get this straight what we are about- hanging out and enjoying this music that is so dear and having a happy time. No time to hate!  Althea had a repeated lyric- No one is thinking less and less about the love we bring evidently.  Pockey way was HOT!!! Just ripping and soulful. 💕 mahalo nui loa. 

i had the unfortunate task of being around a Masters of War mentality Monday night sitting among the parent fans of the visiting team. I was torn up emotionally by their complaining and judgements. This song felt like a reply. An answer to this sickness. Powerful delivery.  Right on time. Pride of C. had a fantastic jam. Just a heavy a throw down as the melody is cheerfully upbeat. Oh and I heard an alternate lyric in Tough Mama too. Something about sweet goddess- time to call the other line or of the sort. Dunno... 

HSF. Barraco worked overtime imho holding the rhythm in Franklins and it was amazing to behold. The long musical relationship with Jeff left nothing to be desired in the jam.  They held the space for each other so well. That being said, that level of playing must be rather demanding. Glad they have the day off!. The set just kept growing from there. 

I wandered up front looking for my friend Rose. Always up for some tribal drum dancing, I was throwing it down up front when she found me. Space unfolds and she shows up by my side. As I help her remove a layer, her starry shirt is revealed as Dark Star begins. We reminisce about Hampton 89.  Well - that is Rose for you!!! 

The encores Just peaked out the night!! 

Thanks DSO! 💖🌸

so love dancing it out with you. Peace and much affection for the joy you live and bring. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

I think I realize I like Jerry band more than dead. Weird huh. My personal highlight was ride mighty high. I’m not a religious guy but Jerry band gospel lights my soul. Being patient for a Gomorrah as that would give me pretty much every Jerry band gospel song I need to hear on this run. This Asheville night was mostly a Grateful Dead show. 2 drummers and played more aggressively than previous nights. There’s just this comforting aspect to the Jerry band songs and shows. You will get some psychedelia or a lot like the 2nd set of Birmingham, but they clearly steer for a different guitar sound and output than when doing it dead style. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what it is but Gr8tfulpair said mattsons guitar, like Jerry when doing jgb, has a different sound than when doing dead. Jerry band eases my soul while dead challenges my senses and maybe soul easing is what I need right now.  Regardless we’ve gotten night after night of rarities and I am googoogaga over songs I rarely Or never hear. 

Thank you Dso!!  You guys are amazing 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Agree. Jerry band was an oasis when dead was getting weak after Brent died. I remember feeling the gospel thing at those shows. I also enjoy what Jerry did with Grisman at that time. That was Jerry going home. Just like when he suggested going back to their roots when they produced American beauty and Workingman's. Can't forget old and in the way, Reckoning. Jerry started on banjo, right? He grew up listening to his grandmothers radio tuned in to Bill munroe and the bluegrass boys. I think that's what you get with Jerry band. His roots. What he really likes. That's just the way I feel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Rude said:

I think I realize I like Jerry band more than dead. Weird huh. My personal highlight was ride mighty high. I’m not a religious guy but Jerry band gospel lights my soul. Being patient for a Gomorrah as that would give me pretty much every Jerry band gospel song I need to hear on this run. This Asheville night was mostly a Grateful Dead show. 2 drummers and played more aggressively than previous nights. There’s just this comforting aspect to the Jerry band songs and shows. You will get some psychedelia or a lot like the 2nd set of Birmingham, but they clearly steer for a different guitar sound and output than when doing it dead style. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what it is but Gr8tfulpair said mattsons guitar, like Jerry when doing jgb, has a different sound than when doing dead. Jerry band eases my soul while dead challenges my senses and maybe soul easing is what I need right now.  Regardless we’ve gotten night after night of rarities and I am googoogaga over songs I rarely Or never hear. 

Thank you Dso!!  You guys are amazing 

I don’t think it’s weird at all.  I said the same thing after every JGB show I attended.

And then I come down and realize I love both.  And Pink Floyd, too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
12 hours ago, DesertDead said:

I don’t think it’s weird at all.  I said the same thing after every JGB show I attended.

And then I come down and realize I love both.  And Pink Floyd, too.

When I comes to driving music, I really prefer Jerry Band. Tends to have a good going down the road tempo when it's super reggae gospel time (NOT like saturdays they did with all the junkie tunes! Lmao- and fuck off those that think their subjective opinion is God- or that saying personal preferences is "negative"- these forums are for fans to express their likes and dislikes and it's obvious we all love DSO so stop pretending you can love this music "more" that's just fucking gross- I don't rub in yalls face that I am the only girl left on the forums from the great "back then" bc I hate when deadheads pretend their 3 shows w Jerry in the 90s means they are more deadicated than my almost 200 DSO shows- so let's let each other be, mmmm kay? How bout we rejoice that this band brings ALL of us together and admit we don't get along in real life but we have fun together at the show!?) instead of the intense psychedelia that the Dead slip into- that shit will zone me out so hard on a long drive!!! Lol

also for Sunday mornings- if it's not a 70-72 dead show for Sunday morning, I like a Jerry band show :) and for making whoopie..... THAT is some endless and divine shit, I don't think there is better getting it on music on earth! If it's dead I will get distracted by the music and ignore my partner but Jerry band just makes it fucking perfect every time (yes, maybe the dope shows are great for THIS purpose as well bwahahaha)

damn, I love y'all so fucking much!!!! And don't much care how some of you treat me this 'ol way- I keep going down the road feeling good as going to hell in a bucket and the ride is alright by me!!!! 

Kiss kiss :)

• Forum MVP

Calling tunes we love “junkie” tunes is so fucked up. It’s not subjective. They aren’t junkie tunes. That may be an opinion of non dead heads but for someone who proclaims themself to be a deadhead saying the 20 song setlist was junkie tunes or only a junkie could enjoy them is nonsense. Why say anything if u have to say something that negative. It blows my mind.