Raleigh 4/14

Tea

• Forum MVP

Virginia Polytechnic University, Blacksburg, VA (4/14/78)

Promised Land, Tennessee Jed, Me and My Uncle > Big River, Peggy-O, Looks Like Rain, Dire Wolf, It's All Over, Now Dupree's Diamond Blues, Music Never Stopped

Samson and Delilah, Ship of Fools, Dancin' in the Streets > drums > The Other One -> Black Peter > Sugar Magnolia

E:  Johnny B. Goode

F:  Ripple

Ridiculous Fun - start to finish!!

DSO + Crew put on an amazing show!  Simply world class

• Forum MVP

Just a killer barn burning 78 with highlights being obviously the Peggy O. The big river, dancin, other one, and black Peter rang my fucking bell. A shirt wringer if I ever had one. Thanks to dso, crew, and good friends for an incredibly memorable run. Very sad it's over. 😥

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Just a killer barn burning 78 with highlights being obviously the Peggy O. The big river, dancin, other one, and black Peter rang my fucking bell. A shirt wringer if I ever had one. Thanks to dso, crew, and good friends for an incredibly memorable run. Very sad it's over. 😥

Heck, I enjoyed your run and am exhausted and I’m on my couch!

Rest, hydrate, bongs, and penicillin.  Not necessarily in that order.  

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP

From VA...but in raliegh....and got the goods.  

I already miss what I got.  It's getting harder to do these shows, then leave.   

Like driving to heaven for day, and then knowingly driving back to hell .  I know why people go on tour, but escpecially back.  Selling grilled cheese, just scraping by was so much better with the music and the friends than it is back home.  If home is where your heart is, than the heart traveled venur tonthr next.  

Miracled out a tour head last night.  She was happy,and that happiness spawns more happiness.  

Thanks for a fun night DSO.  I definitely got my fill of the dance, and raliegh I'd a good place for that. Good people, large venue.  

Upstairs is sectioned off vip:(. Or it would of been plenty of run around with your dsncr hanging out, but the Carolina contingent along with The Paducah boot made for good space with some other kind boys and girls!!  

Thanks DSO.  Happiness is far and few these days, but you guys and gal bring the smiles from ear to ear!! 

Love you all.  

I miss it as soon as it was done.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

Brother figure out to make the West Coast run. Camp out until Red Rocks. I’m not saying throw it all away and go on permatour but it really sounds like you need a break. Couple weeks off from the grind may very well be what the soul needs. Make grinding easier if the sun inside your heart is shining bright. I love you brother. I know I propose a long shot. Maybe at least line up the Rocks. Big DSO family reunion coming. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Thanks Mason. Long shot...maybe.   sometimes you got to leave the place where the pain starts.  

I really had hope for red rocks.   I am encouraged by DSO west. I really am.  It would be a consideration if I did not have D-Day coming.  

Thought about you a lot during the drive.  Little birdies talked of how good your looking, how things are working out.  I am happy to hear of such things.  

Missed your jail house shuffle dance in Raliegh,but I will see it again.  

Red rocks would most certainly include camping.  Maybe  time to get lost in the high peaks of the Rockies. Which way do you go when there is so much to loose , but yet, so much to gain.  Would be easy if the little ones were not chirpping back home.

Love you brother, and thanks!!  Words are worth more when exspoused by those we love and respect!!  You know you have both!!

• Forum MVP

After this show it made me question my comments earlier where I thought I personally liked JGB better. I think the rareness was what I really enjoyed hearing many tunes I’ve never seen live, and this show showed me I’m a true GDhead. I was in heaven, drenched with sweat, dancing with great friends to just an epic GD setlist. I’m like could you have crafted a better setlist? The only retort was the dead could have played something besides JBG as the encore lol. Besides that this show had monster dancers then a mind bender TOO. Back left was a mass of 40 people of all different ages dancing like 12yr olds who just guzzled 6 mountain dews. From 25-70, everyone was feeding off everyone else in a mass of energy. We joked how only deadheads could dance that wild and never bump into anyone else. Deadheads are the only people who sense people walking through the crowd and time their back off then come back as soon as they pass. I’m calling it dance premonition. When you don’t have this, it’s called a mosh pit. We definitely don’t dance any easier than moshers. We just move into open space and then back out as others weave towards us. It’s a symphony of sorts. 

• Like (+1) 2