Wilmington

• Forum MVP

He had never heard woman enough in his life and was amazed. Said the dark star NFA gdtrfb NFA was especially BIG :)  

Then he called and told me he took the kids to the show, too, and that when he realized it was the full weather report he squeezed the breath outta his eldest yammering about what was happening and that the dark star just completely stole his face with a total internal space mission back into the real reality and that he kinda fell apart when it ran into NFA. Wish we coulda been there to bring the party back to his house, but I guess it's an all good things in all good time kinda deal. 

Thanks for bringing the generations and the families together. DSO really keeps it alive for us in a way we can be proud and honored about sharing with those we love. 

Kiss kiss, see y'all in May :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Elective 

Set One: Bertha ; The Race Is On ; Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleoo ; Me And Bobby McGee ; Brown Eyed Women ; Beat It On Down The Line ; Here Comes Sunshine ; Playing In The Band > Uncle John's Band > Morning Dew > Uncle John's Band (reprise) > Playing In The Band (reprise) 

Set Two: Around And Around ; Friend Of The Devil (up-tempo) ; Weather Report Suite > Let It Grow > China Doll ; You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man) ; Dark Star > Not Fade Away > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad > Not Fade Away 

Encore: One More Saturday Night 

Notes

Sold Out! in the style of early 70's one drummer. Dino on drums.

God bless the good ‘ole DSO!!  So unbelievably good - just one of those where the only word is WOW!

Mother Nature held on just long enough to squeeze in the show and then unleashed her rage - driving home after was maybe not the best idea...

• Like (+1) 2
9 hours ago, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

He had never heard woman enough in his life and was amazed. Said the dark star NFA gdtrfb NFA was especially BIG :)  

Then he called and told me he took the kids to the show, too, and that when he realized it was the full weather report he squeezed the breath outta his eldest yammering about what was happening and that the dark star just completely stole his face with a total internal space mission back into the real reality and that he kinda fell apart when it ran into NFA. Wish we coulda been there to bring the party back to his house, but I guess it's an all good things in all good time kinda deal. 

Thanks for bringing the generations and the families together. DSO really keeps it alive for us in a way we can be proud and honored about sharing with those we love. 

Kiss kiss, see y'all in May :)

Nice to hear this. I am bringing my brother to a show in May, not his first, but our first together, very excited. Hope to be able to make it out to more stuff together. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Tea said:

Elective 

Set One: Bertha ; The Race Is On ; Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleoo ; Me And Bobby McGee ; Brown Eyed Women ; Beat It On Down The Line ; Here Comes Sunshine ; Playing In The Band > Uncle John's Band > Morning Dew > Uncle John's Band (reprise) > Playing In The Band (reprise) 

Set Two: Around And Around ; Friend Of The Devil (up-tempo) ; Weather Report Suite > Let It Grow > China Doll ; You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man) ; Dark Star > Not Fade Away > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad > Not Fade Away 

Encore: One More Saturday Night 

Notes

Sold Out! in the style of early 70's one drummer. Dino on drums.

God bless the good ‘ole DSO!!  So unbelievably good - just one of those where the only word is WOW!

Mother Nature held on just long enough to squeeze in the show and then unleashed her rage - driving home after was maybe not the best idea...

I am so happy for you T!!!  That's a great setlist.  I should of followed y'all..instead I slept till 4 in the room.  They never came by to clean up.  Best late check out I ever had.  

I wish I could stretched the legs with y'all for just one more night, but since I could not...I am estatic you did!! Love brother!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, porkadachop said:

Also, it’s worth noting, that with the threat of oncoming thunderstorms, the band played whatever they liked. They did not recreate a show. Does anyone know how often this happens?

Pretty often actually - I’d say about every 3rd show.  

I was convinced it was a 73 show but that playin sandwich to close the 1st set had me scratching my head.  

The music this weekend was just soooo good.  It’s only rival was the incredible people I got to share it with

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
4 hours ago, porkadachop said:

Also, it’s worth noting, that with the threat of oncoming thunderstorms, the band played whatever they liked. They did not recreate a show. Does anyone know how often this happens?

Welcome to the forums :) welcome to DSO! My first 3 shows were electives and I had no clue they did recreations til I started touring them.

used to be a 70-30 split but it seems more 60-40 now...... sometimes it's hard to know....... gotta love the guessing game!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

They definitely fooled us on this show. Convinced was a 73 show. There are so many setlists out there and the HCS just locked me in and I was shocked when they said this was performed by the Grateful Dead never 😂. 

Perfect day. Great vibes. Great crowd. Great friends. My parents 1st show. Got them 2 miracles instantly for the sold out show. Was fantastic. I’ll be coming back to this venue again. Perfect for a Sunday show in the swamp. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

So pulled out my deadbase to check years played. This definitely could have been a 73 show. 

1.  Here comes sunshine 31 times in 73. 1x in 74. Not again til the 90s

2. You ain’t woman enough. Only 15x total and all in 73. 

All other songs were played in 73 many times if not mostly in 73. I was looking for any chink in the armor of my 73 analysis at the show as it’s one of my fav years and Dso went full trickery Mode on this show. There was nothing out of place that could have given it away. I get tricked a lot but this was one that was sneaky.