Jubilee 2018 Roll Call

LangeradoSoul

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

PG et al was the first face I ran into last yr as I pulled into VIP line. Hope to be as lucky this time. I think Dr B and the gangs spot was better though.

Only during the day. You must have missed the massive venue lighting shined right at us 25 feet away. That light was bright at friends campsites 400 feet away. We were right below it....It seemed so perfect with 40 feet of camping space behind the cars as well as a line of pine trees. Then we walked up during Dso setbreak and were like wtf is this. We were literally blinded and bummed. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

First Jubilee we weren’t prepared for some things  like that piercing light and the terrible rave music at 3:00 ( just that year) that I’d want earplugs even awake. The cottonwood treees were blooming and some the cotton wads  quite sizeable, fresh and clean. Better nights sleep night with nature’s earplugs. 😂 

psyched for #4!

I plan on getting up there late Thursday, and was wondering where everyone parks who arrives before the gates open. Read on here some mention of people parking at a gas station or staging lot. Also does anyone know how strict the glass policy is here? I don't plan on bringing 50 beers or anything, but might want to bring some scotch, which won't leave the campsite, except perhaps in a cup or my belly.

• Forum MVP
36 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

I plan on getting up there late Thursday, and was wondering where everyone parks who arrives before the gates open. Read on here some mention of people parking at a gas station or staging lot. Also does anyone know how strict the glass policy is here? I don't plan on bringing 50 beers or anything, but might want to bring some scotch, which won't leave the campsite, except perhaps in a cup or my belly.

Leave the glass at home. Transfer to a plastic bottle. They search you as you enter an if you broke the bottle there would be lots of pissed off barefoot people. They check coolers for glass. 

Pro tip:  do NOT get in that staging area they set up not inside the grounds. Gas station is far superior to wait. That staging area forces people to cross the busy highway to get out while cars from the interstate cut in front of you. Either gas station or circle around til the gates open. Once you get trapped in the outside staging area you are just that—trapped 

1 hour ago, Rude said:

Leave the glass at home. Transfer to a plastic bottle. They search you as you enter an if you broke the bottle there would be lots of pissed off barefoot people. They check coolers for glass. 

Pro tip:  do NOT get in that staging area they set up not inside the grounds. Gas station is far superior to wait. That staging area forces people to cross the busy highway to get out while cars from the interstate cut in front of you. Either gas station or circle around til the gates open. Once you get trapped in the outside staging area you are just that—trapped 

Thanks for the heads up in both departments. Looking forward to the fest.

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Rude said:

Only during the day. You must have missed the massive venue lighting shined right at us 25 feet away. That light was bright at friends campsites 400 feet away. We were right below it....It seemed so perfect with 40 feet of camping space behind the cars as well as a line of pine trees. Then we walked up during Dso setbreak and were like wtf is this. We were literally blinded and bummed. 

10  4   I stand corrected

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, LagerandGospel said:

11 days. Now's the time I get paranoid about the weather. Let's pray for a beautiful weekend. 

As long as no rain during Dso it’s all good. I think I could even handle year 2 ultra cold jubilee now. I don’t think anyone was prepared for that cold. You have to prepare for sub zero weather if you will be outside for a long period of 35 degree weather. Have layers of thermals plus a down sweater then a shell over it.  Just think of a Christmas story and that’s how I’d be bundled up 

Hey everyone! This is my first time going to a festival! Pretty excited! Had 2 questions I'm having a hard time find answers to. First do you have to have your ticket printed by the time you reach the gate or would your mobile or electronic device work. Second I have the cheaper ticket of my 3 friends I'm attending with can I upgrade at the gate to be able to camp with them? Alright that's it any help would be greatly appreciated 

THANKS!!! (~);}

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Scott said:

...or would your mobile or electronic device work. 

Past years I've noticed people apparently using a ticket on their cell phone.  I always like to have a paper copy with me just in case.

As far as an upgrade to a ticket...I don't know but I think the vip gate is a bit different location from the general campers.

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Hey everyone! This is my first time going to a festival! Pretty excited! Had 2 questions I'm having a hard time find answers to. First do you have to have your ticket printed by the time you reach the gate or would your mobile or electronic device work. Second I have the cheaper ticket of my 3 friends I'm attending with can I upgrade at the gate to be able to camp with them? Alright that's it any help would be greatly appreciated 

THANKS!!! (~);}

Yes, you can have either printed or electronic ticket (via phone). Yes, I remember people upgrading to VIP, but I’d consider buying that upgrade now via the website instead of when you arrive, but I’m sure you can then also.

• Forum MVP

General admission and VIP are separate entrances. If your buddies have VIP and you have GA, I'd go to VIP entrance with them and see if you can buy the upgrade at that entrance. If not you'll have a nice loooooong walk back over to GA entrance. I'd get it online before you go. 

• Forum MVP

Im looking for 2 VIP tix at early bird prices lol.  Anyone know anyone who has extras?  Planned on GA then home town friends cancelled and now just saying screw it and doing VIP.  Whats an extra $300 when you are completely irresponsible anyway(but responsible enough to try to save a few bucks over last second online tix)Thanks for the peer pressure PG.  Is this jazz fest part 2?  light on the feet because no pesky brain cells to weigh me down :P

• Forum MVP

a little help from the folks in the festival. ... I can only make Sunday if I can make it at all ... anybody willing to go up to gate on Sunday morning ask if one day tix are available and how much ... or if festival sold out...buddy and I are ready to get loose for a show...

thanks 

TeacherMatt

• Forum MVP
33 minutes ago, Teacher Matt said:

a little help from the folks in the festival. ... I can only make Sunday if I can make it at all ... anybody willing to go up to gate on Sunday morning ask if one day tix are available and how much ... or if festival sold out...buddy and I are ready to get loose for a show...

thanks 

TeacherMatt

Matt they are available. Like $85

unless sold out but I’m guessing they could make an exception for you. Last year I think they officially sold out because they ran out of parking. 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Teacher Matt said:

... anybody willing to go up to gate on Sunday morning ask if one day tix are available and how much

It appears that Matt needs to know the status as of Sunday morning so as to decide to drive down or not. I'll try to pair up with MC to let you know. Matt, how early do you need word?

Peace and Love,

Doc

Archived