Jubilee 2018 Roll Call

LangeradoSoul

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, flairblair said:

Will be camping in VIP. Got the official official word from the boss so I’m in for #7. Where’s everyone staying Thursday night?

NICE!!!!!!  Psyched the CEO approved.  Wish I could be there to see you buddy :sleep:.  Maybe I'll be able to pick it back up one of these years - LOL!  Have fun!!!!! 

1 hour ago, flairblair said:

Will be camping in VIP. Got the official official word from the boss so I’m in for #7. Where’s everyone staying Thursday night?

I'm staying at my house in Woodford County, KY. Gonna tuck the kids into bed, then wake up in the morning, make 'em breakfast, put 'em on the schoolbus, kiss the wife, and then high-tail it outta there by 7:00 am. 

It will be a glorious morning.

• Forum MVP

I’ll prob go to cincy and stay with a friend who’s going on Thursday night then head up early. Funds tight from endless tour so doing GA. I’m not skimping on DSO but adding shows from other dead bands. I need group therapy as I keep booking and booking trips. It was easier when Dso was the only game in town and I had months of down time. Now when Dso isn’t on tour, we are planning more and more. For example when Dso finishes Berkeley, deadco plays 2 days later in same area and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Trying to find 7/1 Phil and moe tix too. It’s never enough. Bought most of my tix for summer, but my tour probability has gone from 95% to 85%......Being gone a month May Be too much right now. 2 weeks off in between runs isn’t enough time to recoup funds and get work done. Not sure how I thought being on the road 50 days from 4/6 to 7/10  wouldn’t be a bank breaker. I don’t have the jubilee excitement yet because I’m enjoying being home as I haven’t been much lately. My cats have turned on me and hate me for leaving them so much. They come up to me and yell in my face and won’t let me touch them.  I think I need an extended break. When you lose that excitement you always get before shows you need a break. 

• Forum MVP

We decided to leave super early Friday vs going up Thursday eve just to avoid the hotel cost. Still taking off Thursday so truck will be packed a day early so we can  leave at the crack of dawn Friday. And I’ve only ever done GA so that’s where I’ll be. Just gonna be my oldest and me this time.  But I’m gettin the itch. Pretty excited 

46 minutes ago, Rude said:

I’ll prob go to cincy and stay with a friend who’s going on Thursday night then head up early. Funds tight from endless tour so doing GA. I’m not skimping on DSO but adding shows from other dead bands. I need group therapy as I keep booking and booking trips. It was easier when Dso was the only game in town and I had months of down time. Now when Dso isn’t on tour, we are planning more and more. For example when Dso finishes Berkeley, deadco plays 2 days later in same area and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Trying to find 7/1 Phil and moe tix too. It’s never enough. Bought most of my tix for summer, but my tour probability has gone from 95% to 85%......Being gone a month May Be too much right now. 2 weeks off in between runs isn’t enough time to recoup funds and get work done. Not sure how I thought being on the road 50 days from 4/6 to 7/10  wouldn’t be a bank breaker. I don’t have the jubilee excitement yet because I’m enjoying being home as I haven’t been much lately. My cats have turned on me and hate me for leaving them so much. They come up to me and yell in my face and won’t let me touch them.  I think I need an extended break. When you lose that excitement you always get before shows you need a break. 

Rude, 

I kinda understand what you mean. I went on tour in 1997. I hopped on and off of Furthur Festival (1997, 1998, 2000), Ratdog, Phil & Friends, Mickey Hart, and then other groups peppered inbetween the Grateful Dead alumni tours from 1997 until Fall of 2001. My situation was slightly different- I wasn't gainfully employed, but I worked the lots for my income, and I did pretty well. 2001 was probably my favorite summer tour, with Phil Lesh Quintet and Bobby playing together a bit more after a break. After Phil's tour, the Ratdog summer tour began August, and a few weeks in I just got really tired. I was bored, I no longer felt excitement, and I was certainly jaded. I felt burnt out inside and out. So I took a break. 

On the flipside of it now. I haven't seen a DSO show since October, and pretty much the Jubilee is my main yearly festival and time away from really busy spring semesters. I get very excited now.

Have a good journey to the Jubilee, and hope your leg heals and your cats refriend you!

• Forum MVP
44 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

Cats have no loyalty. A dog wouldn’t treat you that way. 

Dogs are like the abused women who go back to men. They are loyal but that loyalty can get them killed. If you abuse a cat they are gone. My cats are trying to train me to not go on tour. 

• Forum MVP
17 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Your cats need a show. They're pissed you didn't take them with you. They can smell the dead music on you when you come home. 

My 11yr old cat, Mia, loves the dead but the younger one hates it.  They would both run away if they went to a show.  Cats will take their chances with a new home vs being in scary situations.

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Your cats need a show. They're pissed you didn't take them with you. They can smell the dead music on you when you come home. 

Actually the sparkly glitter Rude wears annoys the cats, too.  It frustrates them as it glints off the walls like too many laser pointers. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Rude said:

Dogs are like the abused women who go back to men. They are loyal but that loyalty can get them killed. If you abuse a cat they are gone. My cats are trying to train me to not go on tour. 

Somebody black his eye and kick his cat

Dogs a plenty, never seen a cat ( the animal lol) on any tour

• Forum MVP

As jubilee newbie. I must ask

How early do you need to be on site Fri.?

I was planning arrival at 12:00, is it

already crazy by then?

Any intel would be appreciated.

Jubilee on the horizon.

Praise DSO

• Forum MVP

People start lining up in the prestage lot 7-8am. They've usually started letting folks in around 10am. Noon is ok. Choice spots are gone in the first few hours, but lots of good options at noon. If you're doing GA just find some cool neighbors and pitch the tent. It's just a big fucking field down in the bowl. Set up quick, have a beer and chill, grab a slice of disco pizza, mingle, pregame, walk up to the stage, boogie down. Guaranteed recipe, or your money back, (certain restrictions apply). 

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

....Dogs a plenty, never seen a cat ( the animal lol) on any tour

The cats were a legion at Nelson Ledges where DSO held Grateful Fest for many years. There were many cats of all colors living there. I found their source from one new one that was in the process of changing from a young girl into a cat. At the Ledges, when a lady’s heart is broken because her boy friend leaves her for a different lass, she is so heart broken that she feels she cannot go in our normal world. She might sit on the edge of the woods just beyond the tunnel and slowly become one of the cats that stay at the quarry park,  waiting until the next festival when she hopes to find a new lover.

• Forum MVP
On 5/11/2018 at 9:05 AM, flairblair said:

Have a good time brother.  I started my jubilee run with you!!  Seems so long ago now.....maybe, just maybe, I can be considered a star head now.

I think the boss tightened your lid after that run.  

Somewhere I remeber stopping by the sheriff office to pay a ticket....from the previous year?  

Dont get a flat in ohio!!!

Safe travels bro!!

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

People start lining up in the prestage lot 7-8am. They've usually started letting folks in around 10am. Noon is ok. Choice spots are gone in the first few hours, but lots of good options at noon. If you're doing GA just find some cool neighbors and pitch the tent. It's just a big fucking field down in the bowl. Set up quick, have a beer and chill, grab a slice of disco pizza, mingle, pregame, walk up to the stage, boogie down. Guaranteed recipe, or your money back, (certain restrictions apply). 

I think they let us in earlier at a time or two.  

It's amazing how things work when excited and kind!!

Watched a white rabbit with my mom last night.  How cool to see the move and groove through a crowd.  

Missing yall memorial day. 

Makes.the next year that much sweeter!!

• Forum MVP

Working on plan and list for jubilee. 

Villa Antinori

Snack plan - charcuterie plates, fruit cutting board, ice chest, 5 gallon water source with pump. Grapes orange slices, crullers

Kelty tarp that triangulates dosn to sluice water off potential pooling on Westy awnings. 

Personal armentatarium- stinging nettle for infusion, 5 HTP, Benadryl, Mg12 spray,- I mean you know this is an athletic event. Went 8.5 miles first and third days Jazzfest and 12.6 the middle 

Seating and light show. 2 love seats and various chairs. Exit plan and lunch in McConnelsville to camp pregame at Buckeye Lake. 3 years ago we camp beside a friend I hadn’t seen in 7 yrs

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Working on plan and list for jubilee. 

Villa Antinori bottle check, 

Snack plan - charcuterie plates, fruit cutting board, ice chest, 5 gallon water source with pump. Grapes orange slices, crullers

Kelty tarp that triangulates dosn to sluice water off potential pooling on Westy awnings. 

Personal armentatarium- stinging nettle for infusion, 5 HTP, Benadryl, Mg12 spray,- I mean you know this is an athletic event. Went 8.5 miles first and third days Jazzfest and 12.6 the middle 

Seating and light show. 2 love seats and various chairs. Exit plan and lunch in McConnelsville to camp pregame at Buckeye Lake. 3 years ago we camp beside a friend I hadn’t seen in 7 yrs

PG et al was the first face I ran into last yr as I pulled into VIP line. Hope to be as lucky this time. I think Dr B and the gangs spot was better though.

Archived