Nfl draft

Rude

• Forum MVP

Jason Witten officially screwed the cowboys. In round 1, they took a 1 year starter LB at 19th with potential neck problems then today Jason Witten announces his retirement and it was a complete surprise to the cowboys and everyone. Just 4 days ago he was talking about playing until 40 and after round 1 he retires. If he’d announced yesterday the boys would have taken Ridley 19th, but since they had no clue now they lose Dez as their 1 WR plus Hannah and witten ad their 2 most important TE’s to retirement. Now the cowboys lost their 2 most important pass catchers in dez and witten with nothing to replace either with. This bodes really badly for them. I’m convinced if they knew about witten they would have had to take Ridley in rd 1. Instead they took a lb and their receiving corps will be worst in the nfl next year. Atlanta now has Julio Jones and Ridley as their 1/2 punch in a passing league and Jerry Jones is still drafting like he’s back in the southwest conference in the 60’s with a run block line. Time to draft a new General manager. Rumors that Dallas will trade for earl Thomas at safety have to be dead considering these major offensive holes. Would have been great to get him and Ridley to address 2 major needs but now our offense lost half it’s receiving yards. Dez has to be laughing. No way we’d have cut Dez even though I despise him if they knew witten was gone. Get ready for zeke to lead the nfl in rushing next year as there are no targets. Terrence Williams number 1 wr and Cole Beasley number 2?  Shoot me now. 

• Forum MVP

Dak came in day 1 as one of the most accurate passers in the nfl. Last year he was 2nd in the nfl in tight window throws(less than 1 yard separation). Note the cowboys receivers can’t separate at all. In advanced stats, dak is still a top 5-10 qb. You have to have a system though. At least they addressed pass protecting. Dak was a top tier QB until the falcons game where he was almost murdered and was completely beat up. Next game where they still couldn’t protect him finished his season. Every qb in the league who gets hit enough becomes bad. Philly won the SB because they had the best system. Any qb in the league would have won it with that system. They had defense 1st of all. Dallas has none. But its all irrelevant. Hurns ain’t gonna fix the receiving. I predict a down year then we get the tools needed to produce. Luckily the philly draft added nada to that team. They will feel the sting of sacrificing their future 2 drafts ago soon enough. Every team that sacrifices their draft does. Dallas 2015 draft is why they are already feeling the sting.  It may have been the worst draft in history for them and that’s saying a lot for a Jerry Jones team. At least I can look back on their 11 game win streak with a roookie qb bevause that’s prob the best it’s ever gonna get. Don’t worry. As a cowboy fan I’m used to it. We might as well be the Cleveland Browns. It’s why people in Cleveland don’t say they are from Cleveland but mention their little suburbs as their city that’s only 5 miles from downtown. It’s embarrassing. I feel it now. I know what it’s like to be a Cleveland fan. I’m gonna wear a paper bag over my head too. 

• Forum MVP

So I believe Dallas redeemed themselves with their draft finish. Most needs addresses but safety. Wr is 90% addresses. TE 75% addressed. Hopefully run blocking will compensate for that, but let’s be honest. The patriots don’t win brvause of the draft. They put together a different system every year based on their team. Cowboys have horrible coaching and last year showed it. Garrett stood dumbfounded as dak gotbsacked 6x by 1 guy not making a change until sack 5 and calling no rollouts to counter. He’s like GW Bush when the towers went down. He had no clue what to do. That’s not good when your head coach is shell shocked. 

Archived