Queen Wilmington 5-15-18 Tuesday

GUAC

I saw that Vegas run, thinking 5/14 or 5/16/78!!!

Venue

Sam Boyd Silver Bowl

Location Las Vegas, NV
Date

5/15/93 - Saturday

Venue Greek Theatre - University of California
Location Berkeley, CA
Date

5/15/83 - Sunday

Venue Athletic Center - Rutgers University
Location Piscataway, NJ
Date

5/15/81 - Friday

Venue Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Location Uniondale, NY
Date

5/15/80 - Thursday

Venue St. Louis Arena
Location St. Louis, MO
Date

5/15/77 - Sunday

Venue Fillmore East
Location New York, NY
Date

5/15/70 - Friday

• Forum MVP

Saw Dso do the 5-15-77 show in St. Louis and it’s alrsady a serious dance setlist and they did a MNS filler to top it off. Outdoor show in the 80s and we were already drenched and the filler was as big a dance song as the dead does. Took a big home town group of just guys to thst show show and they were blown away. There was a storm bearing down on us and it split right at St. Louis. It was so windy that the board has all these wind spikes from Jeff’s mic. The wind kept us all from overheating but it overpowered the mics. This was a line of red thunderstorms too and we didn’t get 1 drop. The line split right in downtown St. Louis. We were so drenched we didn’t care if the rain came or not and the band had tarps next to all equipment so would have stopped the show with sideways rain. Turned out to be an epic show when we were expecting a downpour. 

• Forum MVP

I'd like to see an eighties show. It seems like I haven't seen one in forever. Of course, I feel the more Lisa, the better. So, elective? Ah, play whatever you want, I'll still have a blast! And then, a day or two later, I'll see someone I know and I'll be all like hey, I saw the band and they'll be all like what did they play? And I'll be like, I don't know but it was awesome! Then, like three days later, I'll go, STAGGER LEE!!!! That is a good show.

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Rude said:

Saw Dso do the 5-15-77 show in St. Louis and it’s alrsady a serious dance setlist and they did a MNS filler to top it off. Outdoor show in the 80s and we were already drenched and the filler was as big a dance song as the dead does. Took a big home town group of just guys to thst show show and they were blown away. There was a storm bearing down on us and it split right at St. Louis. It was so windy that the board has all these wind spikes from Jeff’s mic. The wind kept us all from overheating but it overpowered the mics. This was a line of red thunderstorms too and we didn’t get 1 drop. The line split right in downtown St. Louis. We were so drenched we didn’t care if the rain came or not and the band had tarps next to all equipment so would have stopped the show with sideways rain. Turned out to be an epic show when we were expecting a downpour. 

I remember. You were the tall guy. 

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

I remember. You were the tall guy. 

I recall seeing the joint jedi for one of the 1st times there, the master Yoda of smoking doobies in venues with joint hunter security guards. I also met Duck’s kids who he raised really well. Their dead knowledge is unparalleled for their age and on par with many older heads. I think they were looking forward to the show as much as Duck was. He definitely did well on raising kids properly, and by properly I mean making them like GD more than any other band. They will eventually create deadhead wives and more deadhead kids unless at that point AI computers are creating all the music we hear. Hey Johnny, let’s go hear MIT’s FSADT7 computer play tonight. I can’t. I’m hearing IBM’s vintage DJ2.3 play. I know it can’t trigger the brain’s S2 ocular nerve like the FSADT7 but it’s still pretty good. It will be the reality TV of music. Costs nothing to produce but the masses will eat it up. 

2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Did you dance like you were 12? 

More like 82 last night... I had so much adrenaline from princeton show I didn't get to sleep till 4:30am then had to get up , work, and make way to Delaware.

• Forum MVP

Yup, that's the set list. Super long first set, or so it seemed. The band is unbelievable. I had too much too fast in the dancing department which led to me just swaying and watching the musicians. I don't want to label it, but I 'm going to call it the 'it' factor. Dark Star has 'it'. I'm Not even going to try to describe it. If you know, you know. The band is in a league of their own. They own Grateful Dead music. They have made it their own. They are not the best at what they do, they are the only ones who have ever done what they do.

• Forum MVP

So, I just slipped out of my coma. Last nite was awesome, as usual. Rob was the best I have ever seen him. Back throated wind, not Fade Away and something else in there were nailed by him. Jeff has patience to his playing. That made StellaBlue shine. Skips thunder was deep. His bass solo made my belly fat vibrate. (God, I have got to lose a few.) not so sure Phil ever had a solo like that which makes me love how DSO is taking liberties. Home stretch of second set was a wild, building ride. Lisa was her usual wonderful self, adding a nice touch to, unfortunately, just a few songs. Rob on drums all night. Brothers and sisters filler. Many beautiful women. A couple of them turned into luggage from too much drinking. A lot of talkers. I have a theory on talkers and the venue serving alcohol. Any way, another great night of, shall I say, Dark Star Orchestra music. One tight band. 

for some unknown reason,  before each show i attend,  i expect it to be a disappointment from the previous show.  But god damn it, it never is.  The show at the QUEEN was better than any previous show.    I love this band, as much as the people i find at the show. 

thanks DSO.   and on i go to Penns Peak saturday for what i'm expecting to be a disappointment. .    

Archived