2018 - Grateful Dead Meet Up at the Movies

Tea

• Forum MVP

It seems like the only movies they show are summer 89. The 1st few were alpine 89. Unfortunately bill graham pounded in their heads that vhs was the future.....it pains me to watch these low def films when they could all be fantastic.....grrr. 

• Forum MVP

2011 The Grateful Dead Movie...’74

2012 Alpine Valley...’89

2013 Sunshine Daydream...’72

2014 Beat Club...’72

2015 more Alpine...’89

2016 Sullivan in Foxborough...’89

2017 RFK...’89

• Forum MVP

I was in attendance at the 89 rfk shows. Rfk and camping on the banks of the Potomac have always held a special place on the dark side of my heart. For the 86 petty Dylan dead shows I was living in FL and drove up for the shows only to have Jerry slip into a comma afterwards and the 89 shows I was living in CO and drove back for the stadium tour only to have it be 105 degrees and I almost slipped into a comma. Bring it on, I now possess the "character" to relive those beauties!

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Had a blast last night! I couldn’t sit through it, though. I had to get up and dance. That started a small dance area. I thought that was cool.hanging out with a younger(most of them are) deadhead and his six year old daughter. She had the dance moves and the energy, singing along. Way cool. 

Archived