Deadco back with the David Percy “designer” clothing

Rude

• Forum MVP

After instant boscklash last time, deadco instantly deleted the Instagram link to the David Percy $3k fleeces and $250 tees. Now they are back at it but this time no comments are allowed. Guess money>reputation. Obviously they realized they shouldnt have done it last time or they wouldn’t have deleted it within 3 hours. At least we can see who the posers are. If u wear a $250 dead tee you aren’t a deadhead. That’s my rule. You are a poser. A real head no matter how rich wouldn’t wear a $500 dead jacket unless someone made an epic jacket on lot. This is a product of Mayer as he’s “collaborated” with this dude before on man purses and other nonsense. There’s my rant of the day. 

standing in a field - spinning and focused on the letting go - how can my ego die again if wearing the garments of a king? - rather love my t-shirts that are disentegrating - in that field , with music thumping , i am at least naked , clean, unemcumbered, until i am reminded of the constant shwaginess that this life brings - lost ego returns and asks for forgiveness while breathing gratitude for the now - the moment and the music - all there is - yesyes

wait a minute - i thought that it was not important what clothes we choose to put on our bodies - so the young people thrash and spin about , for it has become apparent that no one holds us with any regard whatsoever - its all so complicated - be here now 

• Forum MVP

The GD would’ve played more shows in 1977 had it not been for Mickey breaking his arm when he wrecked his Porsche.

Dead $ Co is a blatant cash-grab but ain’t that America....?

• Forum MVP

i wouldn’t buy a $500 shirt but i’m not gonna lambast someone for trying to make some money nor would i claim someone isn’t a deadhead. that’s on the inside, not labels. deadheads can be suckers. most are. 

• Forum MVP

We live in the Kardashian age. Too many fucked up people derive their worth by the name on the tag. I drove a 2003 maxima until it was t-boned at Christmas. If someone thought less of me because I had a 15yr old car fuck them. There’s a difference between driving a bmw 7 series than spending $250 on a shirt with just a steal your face that’s identical to a $15 lot one. If you paid 100k for a car because it had a Gucci sticker on it vs the identical car for $15k with no Gucci sticker on it, I’d say u should see a therapist. I’ve never judged people based on the brand of their jeans but yesterday in Walmart I did judge a woman based on the size of he clothes(2-3 sizes too small on her shorts) as well as some really big girls wearing yoga pants who’s spandex would have a strong case at The Hague. Hmm maybe I am way too judgemental.  

• Forum MVP

And in turn, I don't judge Rude because there is a Walmart near where he lives.  Ok, maybe just a little bit because he's now admitted that he shops there.  😛

(Full disclosure - I have never been in nor seen a Walmart. Maybe it's a great place to shop.  I have seen photos dubbed "The People of Walmart" and there are no shortage of images like what Rude has alluded to, many of which are quite humorous. Not the most likely place to find Dead & Co swag.)

naaa - a well-intentioned, grounded rant helps helps clear out the attic - allows us to pinpoint our perspective , our ethics -- there is a difference between judgement and the ability to distinguish - lest we forget that we are the them in some sense - just because  i may live off the grid, ride a bike, grow food , burn wood to keep warm doesnt negate the fact that my very life is still full of resources that cant be replaced , ungrounded - and that this american life impoverishes others elsewhere -  if i am in a particular mood and see some whining , unconscious person that looks like they just ate an entire hog, in the end the only place i can be (after a few distinguishing thoughts} and the only place to be is love and acceptance-  just like john said - the love you take is equal to the love you make -

really, truly i love pork fat                                                                                                                                                                                                          if it be kind , thats where im at                                                                                                                                                                                                 get me some sauce , some                                                                                                                                                                                                     kill tater salad , go bowling                                                                                                                                                                                                      after dinner , maybe listen some dead ballad                                                                                                                                                                       knowing that the hog in my belly                                                                                                                                                                                            enjoyed days full of salad                                                                                                                                                                                                         letting the pork fat nourish synapses in my 3 remaining brain cells                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• Forum MVP
52 minutes ago, John A said:

And in turn, I don't judge Rude because there is a Walmart near where he lives.  Ok, maybe just a little bit because he's now admitted that he shops there.  😛

(Full disclosure - I have never been in nor seen a Walmart. Maybe it's a great place to shop.  I have seen photos dubbed "The People of Walmart" and there are no shortage of images like what Rude has alluded to, many of which are quite humorous. Not the most likely place to find Dead & Co swag.)

If there was another option where I could get camping stakes, a memory card and food all in 1 spot I’d love to hear it. Not everyone lives in areas that ban Walmart’s and bans jumbo sodas 

• Forum MVP

My point was that it certainly does not matter what someone drives, wears, eats, fucks, prays to — prefers.

The irony is that cuts both ways.  I’m not looking at the type of car that someone drives to believe I know that person.  I’m also not assigning some arbitrary badge of cool because someone drives a tore-up old pickup truck, nor would I do so for some guy in a Tesla (ahem, Bobby).  Douchecords arrive in a variety of rides.

Kynd people can struggle financially and can also be wealthy.  Pick a stereotype, and it can be found residing within any slice of any spectrum.

I’ve learned one thing to be true on this general topic:  don’t judge a book by its cover.

YMMV 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Benjy Eisen often pushes it over the top on his Thoughts On The Dead blog, but if his brand of humor strikes your fancy then the posts can be hilarious.  Here is his take on Dead & Company Merchandising.  Poor Cousin Jumpy....

https://www.thoughtsonthedead.com/i-got-the-trash-and-you-got-the-cash-so-baby-we-should-get-along-fine/

• Forum MVP

Some artsy fartsy response inspired in that Matt McCormick jacket to Melania Trump’s jacket? Um... I’m sending my $2500 to a grassroots organization if I’m taking a stand on social change- not some chicken scratch on a jacket. Yeah, no. Sure, it took time.....blowhard.

Archived