Ojai, CA

Tea

• Forum MVP

Set One: Minglewood Blues, Loser ; El Paso ; Ramble On Rose ; Estimated Prophet ; Peggy-O, Good Lovin' ; Mississippi Half Step ; The Music Never Stopped ; Scarlet Begonias 

Set Two: Saint Stephen > Not Fade Away > Morning Dew > Sugar Magnolia

Notes

First set From Robertson Gym, UC Santa Barbara on 1977-02-27. Show was truncated due to promoter LANCE STERLING not verifying the city curfew limits and signing a contract with DSO that says band can play till 11:00. The band found out five minutes before 2nd set start time that the show had to be over by 10:00.

GD Show Date

1977-02-27

I saw the Rob Gym show in ‘77. It was one of my favorites. Hearing DSO play most of it was rewarding. We took our former bassist who never saw the Dead. He said he recognized or knew most of the songs because he had played them so many times.

bummer about the second set missing Terrapin. Otherwise, it was a great night.

• Like (+1) 2

Bummer the venue/promoter screwed us.  But it didn't put a damper on the evening.  Stellar time.

Would go back in a hearbeat!

Humphrey's & Ojai were two dream settings for music!

Return to the west for fall tour?  :)  i'm guessing not - see ya in 2019!

Fantastic music.  I have to be honest, I was totally bummed at the timing fiasco.  As hot as the abbreviated second set was, I couldn't stop thinking about how screwed up this was.  The biggest bummer for me is that I live in Santa Clarita, where the Libbey Bowl promoter has a new sister venue.  I am hoping that DSO will play there sometime, but i'm assuming there is a sour taste and they will not be too excited to work with him again.  Great show...still miffed about the scheduling snafu.  See you next time!

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, jeffreybload said:

Fantastic music.  I have to be honest, I was totally bummed at the timing fiasco.  As hot as the abbreviated second set was, I couldn't stop thinking about how screwed up this was.  The biggest bummer for me is that I live in Santa Clarita, where the Libbey Bowl promoter has a new sister venue.  I am hoping that DSO will play there sometime, but i'm assuming there is a sour taste and they will not be too excited to work with him again.  Great show...still miffed about the scheduling snafu.  See you next time!

Totally agree.  My friends and I were really miffed about the scheduling snafu.  Seems amazing something like that could happen. I spoke to one of the band members after the show and they were genuinely upset.  Know it wasn't the band's fault necessarily, but we did feel a bit ripped off.  Band was on fire too!

This was our first DSO show and my wife and I, both GD veterans, were quite blown away with the quality of the experience. The curfew thing was a bit of a bummer but the band handled it really well. The Morning Dew in the second set crushed! We ended up wandering into a bar in Ojai with a great live band and "the music never stopped." We are new converts to DSO and are heading to one of the Berkeley shows! 

• Like (+1) 10
On June 24, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Rbarracoph said:

If we had been told from the start we would have changed  the start time 

or if told at the beginning of break would have taken a very short break

shame

I don't doubt this for a second!

Dso... A band with integrity.  I can say a whole lot more on this subject but I'll leave it alone.... I'm just happy that the band that is playing this music the best today and keeping the Dead scene alive is a band with integrity. Thanks and much appreciation Dso!!!

• Like (+1) 1